Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gbear wrote: »
    I don't see how unless they patch them to make them better and/or make them appear more often.

It isn't any one problem with loot - it's a few things happening simultaneously.

Legendaries are too rare, too underpowered and too generic to be truly valuable. You might find a legendary sword in D2 (the rapier one was particularly awesome I seem to remember) but there'd be no guarantee it would be useful - that was fine because you found 2-3 legendaries per act.
    If it did suit your character, 9/10 it would be better than what you already had.

Legendaries were worthless in D2 as Runewords were infinitely better. I agree they probably should have had a higher minimum base for the stats on legendaries this time to improve them somewhat but I don't mind it. It just means that when legendaries with excellent stats are found then they will be worth alot and they won't be a dime a dozen as it should be. It's a system that adds years of character development without the need to add extra content or new items.

With the AH so easily accessible if legendaries were common and had set stats to make them superior to rares in every way each time they dropped then in a few months everyone would be wearing the exact same gear and set-up. It might not be apparent now but it's a good system we're just not seeing the benefits of it this early after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

They really want to make legendaries far superior than rares imo, at least if they want this Real money AH to succeed. I'd rather they be extremely rare (Even more so than they are right now !) but with really good stats. Would make it so much more rewarding when you do get one.

Magill wrote: »
    They really want to make legendaries far superior than rares imo, at least if they want this Real money AH to succeed. I'd rather they be extremely rare (Even more so than they are right now !) but with really good stats. Would make it so much more rewarding when you do get one.

See the current system has that in a way, legendaries will be found but only truly great legendaries will be extremely rare.

For example let's say a level 60 legendary crossbow is found with stats:

40 - 120 fire damage
    80 int
    12% magic find
    8% extra gold
    12 resist cold
    2% chance to slow on hit

Eventually the same legendary crossbow will be found with stats:

+240 - 580 damage
    75% extra damage
    15% attack speed
    300 dex
    300 vit
    120 all resists
    10% life stolen on hit

I do agree that legendaries should probably have a higher minimum set of stats then they do now as they can actually be terrible with this current system but as I said the truly great legendaries that everyone will be working towards will be extremely rare and valuable. Finding one will be epic, as it means you have hit the jackpot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The key is in the name....Legendary. There are very rare drops this time....which is good. I like the idea of random stats on legendary items for variety but they need to superior to rare's. A rare item drops every 5 minutes. I've played for over 30 hours and haven't seen a single legendary but when i see some of the crap legendary's on the AH......it really doesn't bother me. When I do find one, it will likely be garbage.

Thats not good. I understand perfectly Knox what you are saying about longevity brought about by random stats.....but they are still underpowered. Random is good, random and low stats is not.

Kirby wrote: »
    The key is in the name....Legendary. There are very rare drops this time....which is good. I like the idea of random stats on legendary items for variety but they need to superior to rare's. A rare item drops every 5 minutes. I've played for over 30 hours and haven't seen a single legendary but when i see some of the crap legendary's on the AH......it really doesn't bother me. When I do find one, it will likely be garbage.

Thats not good. I understand perfectly Knox what you are saying about longevity brought about by random stats.....but they are still underpowered. Random is good, random and low stats is not.

Yep I agree, I like the system and I can see where they are going with it as it has a lot of mileage in it but like you said the legendaries should at least always be somewhat decent. A garbage legendary with useless stats is pointless and getting one would be very frustrating after waiting so long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Does the auction house allow a refund after a small period of time? If not it's going to be a nightmare trawling through all the **** legendary items people are going to throw up and try to catch people out so they can make a tidy sum, especially when drunk/sleep deprived.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yep I agree, I like the system and I can see where they are going with it as it has a lot of mileage in it but like you said the legendaries should at least always be somewhat decent. A garbage legendary with useless stats is pointless and getting one would be very frustrating after waiting so long...

I think possibly the entire loot system is a little undercooked.

It's still throwing up the same amount of loot - normal, exceptional, masterwork items - even though they're now completely useless and serve only to clutter up the screen. Before you could pick up every piece of non-faulty armour and sell it to keep the money ticking over - the same with helms and high level other items. The thing was that you had little enough to spend the money on until your kit started to get really expensive to maintain.

I'm not sure they've dealt with reconciling the loot system and how the AH works yet. It's something that you can't just get working out of the box - it needed a huge field test. Hopefully there'll be a good bit of tweaking in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lvl 60, just completed hell and not one legendary, lewt drops have been sooper shít!

Gbear wrote: »
    I think possibly the entire loot system is a little undercooked.

It's still throwing up the same amount of loot - normal, exceptional, masterwork items - even though they're now completely useless and serve only to clutter up the screen. Before you could pick up every piece of non-faulty armour and sell it to keep the money ticking over - the same with helms and high level other items. The thing was that you had little enough to spend the money on until your kit started to get really expensive to maintain.

I'm not sure they've dealt with reconciling the loot system and how the AH works yet. It's something that you can't just get working out of the box - it needed a huge field test. Hopefully there'll be a good bit of tweaking in the coming months.

Yeah this is true, the fact that Hell and Inferno tier normal and exceptional items sell for 4 and 5 gold is plain wrong. I don't know what they were thinking there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

47h played. lvl 57 and still not a single legendary...

Wow that's just under 8 hours a day since release, did you book the week off work or what? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anybody got a guest pass? I have one but would like to play co-op.
    You can play co-op on 2 guest passes cant you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

****ing guest pass bull****. I got 2 with my standard copy, my m8 got the collectors edition and got no passes.

****ers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dermighty wrote: »
    ****ing guest pass bull****. I got 2 with my standard copy, my m8 got the collectors edition and got no passes.

****ers!

Neither did I,all I got was 2 wow passes ;S

I have two guest passes dude

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just started act 2

aye i didn't get any with my CE either, tho i've seen people unboxing them on youtube getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Misha00

could You send me one guest pass please? Thank U. Sh4rk21@wp.pl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

so.. my 43 hardcore demonhunter died yesterday in act 2 (hell) waller arcane pack with some minions blocked me in and owned me xD

Made a softcore character today and before i finished act 1, i got a legendary ring.. The difference in AH prices between soft and hardcore is insane! the ring i got is worth barely more than it's vendor value :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just started playing. Level 10 Monk.

Question: I just dropped 2k "training" the Artisan, but it seems I'll need to do that several times to get him up from level 1. Is it worth it?

Also, free to add my username: quarryman#2648

so.. my 43 hardcore demonhunter died yesterday in act 2 (hell) waller arcane pack with some minions blocked me in and owned me xD

Made a softcore character today and before i finished act 1, i got a legendary ring.. The difference in AH prices between soft and hardcore is insane! the ring i got is worth barely more than it's vendor value :/

you had to start over :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I haven't tried hardcore yet. So I guess hardcore is way more expensive? I played d2 hard ore and I had few nerdrages when I sow my amas dead! :) btw how does stach work in hardcore? Still shareable and blacksmith upgrades go on all characters?

I only dinged 59 with my DH and still learning. So many combos on DH FFs. Still can't find the ultimate setup.

Btw 59 and still no legendaries.

Monks are utterly hopeless on Inferno freshly dinged 60, gonna take a good bit of farming gear to get meaningful progress. DH and Wiz are by far the most OP class as kiting is the way of Inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

HC works the same as normal, but it is separate from normal. Any upgrades you made to your blacksmith or jewelcrafter will be gone when you start a fresh toon in hardcore. Same as the stash and gold etc.. all shared for that mode, all sharded for all difficulties of that mode etc..

But yeah, losing a character is devastating. I got greedy and chased after a treasure pygmy, nasty pack cornered me because of it xD I just got trapped in by wallers, potted, used a healing cooldown skill, and basiclly just sat here thinking to myself.. she's dead, she's gonna die.. and then she died.. oh well, got her in my hall of the dead now anyway :)

I gotta say though, hardcore makes for a much better experience overall, i nearly shat my kacks dozens of times in hell, and a few times on normal hardcore. Playing soft atm and the thrill just isnt the same when ye know ye can just get a res or spawn again at a checkpoint.

Finally getting some decent progress, onto 3rd act in hell. The poison hydra is aweeesome, really is. Did belial co-op with a witch doctor on first try, the hydra was doing 9k a second on him !

any word on pvp yet?

Ok something weird is going on, my group has had 4 legendaries drop in the last 3 hours of play!! :confused:

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok something weird is going on, my group has had 4 legendaries drop in the last 3 hours of play!! :confused:

Legendaries don't exist......at least none of crossed my path in 71 hours of play :p

Were any of them decent?

I see people selling set items for 15m gold, auctions have a 2 day timer, personally I dont think its possible for anyone to have 15m gold at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just downed skellie king in coop on nightmare. Still very easy though nightmare is more fun.

Must try hardcore! :D

Inquitus wrote: »
    Legendaries don't exist......at least none of crossed my path in 71 hours of play :p

Were any of them decent?

I see people selling set items for 15m gold, auctions have a 2 day timer, personally I dont think its possible for anyone to have 15m gold at this point.

1 of them was a decent belt for a Wizard and a decent 1 handed cross-bow for DH but the other 2 were beyond crap!! The 1 I found I couldn't even sell it for 50k it's so bad. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bearserker

If anyone has an extra guest pass could u pm it to me? I'd really like to try this game

Advertisement