Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Unfortunately Zavvi are playing hard ball and I've yet to receive my copy of the game. However it may be a sign as I'm heading away for the summer next week.

I hear the campaign is pretty short on the regular difficulty and may just blow through that. But would I be better off holding out on the game until I get back, seeing as I'll only have a few days to play it? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Could anyone PM me a guest pass so I can see if my rickety old PC can run this? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Unfortunately Zavvi are playing hard ball and I've yet to receive my copy of the game. However it may be a sign as I'm heading away for the summer next week.

I hear the campaign is pretty short on the regular difficulty and may just blow through that. But would I be better off holding out on the game until I get back, seeing as I'll only have a few days to play it? :(

I would not call 20h normal a short campaign. Btw this game is played not for it's campaig, but for inner hoarder in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I would not call 20h normal a short campaign.
    This is whats confusing me. Why do people keep calling it short? I have had more game time on the first play through than I have had in most other recent single player games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

The lag is ruining this game on me >_< just died like 7 in row. :( on normal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

When you die you have to repair your gear, does this get more costly? I'm L24 only it's only costing me 200 gold. Maybe I just have crap gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

grizzly wrote: »
    When you die you have to repair your gear, does this get more costly? I'm L24 only it's only costing me 200 gold. Maybe I just have crap gear.
    Im lv 29 and its costing me around 4-500. I assume this starts to gain more rapidly as you get further and you will probably be dying more often so that should also add to the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yeah Inferno is pretty crazy so far, only had a go last night and killed the Skeleton King but the step up from Hell is massive and Act1 is relatively easy compared to Act2 + from what I see.

Also it's pretty much impossible as a solo Monk. Even on Hell as a Monk all of your abilities needs to be defensive just to survive so your DPS output is quite low. On Inferno you just don't have the DPS to take down packs while maintaining survivability.

I plan on tackling Inferno with friends though so hopefully we can make some progress but alot of gear upgrading needs to be done first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Connavar wrote: »
    Im lv 29 and its costing me around 4-500. I assume this starts to gain more rapidly as you get further and you will probably be dying more often so that should also add to the cost

At 60 it currently costs around 2500 gold If I remember correctly but expect that to go up with better gear as alot of mine is pre 60 gear still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The scroll stuttering is doing my head in. Its particularly bad in Act 4. Anyone else getting stuttering? Lotsa people on the US forums are getting it but Blizzard have yet to reply to the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The scroll stuttering is doing my head in. Its particularly bad in Act 4. Anyone else getting stuttering? Lotsa people on the US forums are getting it but Blizzard have yet to reply to the problem.

I think its a particular effect making peoples rigs lag. I only experience it on one bit and its in the tunnel in act 2 where you find Shen in the barrell. I think its a lighting effect. I dont get it in act 4 though. Have you tried turning v-sync on?

regarding the cost of repair, it does go up. But bear in mind that you get like 400 gold opening a barrel so....it evens out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well, I was right. Looks like Force Armor got a stealth hotfix this afternoon. All the american wizards are reporting it no longer works. :p

Have no idea what they are going to do now to survive on inferno without it. I'm only on hell and am doing fine with my build but im damned sure inferno will chew me up like the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wooo.. just finished hell mode, took just over 50 hours in total so far (Solo, except one boss).

For anyone using a wizard and struggling (Especially on rare packs...) try this build out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#giXROP!YfX!bZZbYZ

Really the only rare packs that really troubled me were some of the ones in the last act (Those incinerators or whatever they're called). For killing diablo himself i swapped a few things about, but most of the damage came from the hydra while i kited and stayed alive ! Took about 5 or 6 tries in the end...

Onto inferno !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I would not call 20h normal a short campaign. Btw this game is played not for it's campaig, but for inner hoarder in you.

Agreed...it's about as short as Diablo II...so about 4000 hours based on my play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Agreed...it's about as short as Diablo II...so about 4000 hours based on my play time.

Bit of a casual player then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Noobish question here but what happens when I complete the campaign on normal? Do I get to keep my gear and gold to pass onto another character on the next difficulty. Or does my character carry onto the next difficulty with his current level?

well AH and weapon unbalanced stats do break game lads.

i was in games for few hours and could not kill diablo hell with very skilled wizzard in team.

i went to AH, bought for 400k a 1 handed xbow with 800dps and 1 shoted diablo hell, because my DPS was just stupidly OP. :(

they really need to sort out this **** as the xbow i have rolls over all the legendary xbox. i am not even talking about natalya's xbox which is a pee shooter compared to my bad boy :(. i was so looking forward to natalyas set

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just killed Diablo hell, nearly had him myself but got a hand off Quetzal. Was'nt too bad in the end. Now onto inferno for some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

level 38 and just got my first legendary, some voodoo mask, got it on a crappy trash mob too!

Gandalph wrote: »
    level 38 and just got my first legendary, some voodoo mask, got it on a crappy trash mob too!

i guess blizzard just hates me.... act 1 inferno and 56hours played, not a single legendary.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, i got my first legendary in hell act 4. Judging by the AH, its only worth about 60-100k tho... sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Magill wrote: »
    Oh yeah, i got my first legendary in hell act 4. Judging by the AH, its only worth about 60-100k tho... sigh.

Who would buy a legendary item if you can get a rare just as good or better for a tiny fraction of the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Please anyone willing to toss me a spare guest key? I badly want to play this but I can't really buy the game until I know for sure my computer can handle it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

the lag can be ridiculus in this game..havent had a decent run at it without having to log off for a while...2400 ms!WTF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

well AH and weapon unbalanced stats do break game lads.

i was in games for few hours and could not kill diablo hell with very skilled wizzard in team.

i went to AH, bought for 400k a 1 handed xbow with 800dps and 1 shoted diablo hell, because my DPS was just stupidly OP. :(

they really need to sort out this **** as the xbow i have rolls over all the legendary xbox. i am not even talking about natalya's xbox which is a pee shooter compared to my bad boy :(. i was so looking forward to natalyas set

Blizzard control the loot so we probably won't see the best items until after the real money AH is open, $$$$
    FullRetard wrote: »
    the lag can be ridiculus in this game..havent had a decent run at it without having to log off for a while...2400 ms!WTF!!

Yeah there is a serious amount of lag at times, lots of people experiencing it and yet they still claim it's not a problem.

Oh and the barbarian class is bad, doubt anyone is going to solo it on inferno.

Gbear wrote: »
    Who would buy a legendary item if you can get a rare just as good or better for a tiny fraction of the price?

I know, really is disappointing.
    FullRetard wrote: »

I've not experienced any lag yet, maybe its your connection ? I've a not noticed my ping go above 220ish, with 50+ hours played already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I haven't had any lag problems either *touches wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Gbear wrote: »

Collectors, Completionists and inexperienced players I assume:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Collectors, Completionists and inexperienced players I assume:D

Wanna buy my legendary? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

Magill wrote: »
    I know, really is disappointing.

I've not experienced any lag yet, maybe its your connection ? I've a not noticed my ping go above 220ish, with 50+ hours played already.

no connection is fine...pinging websites from the command line im getting 33-40ms,I've also pinged foreign websites and hitting about 120 for them,nothing else I do is lagging(CoD,PS3 games etc) and there's no torrents being d/l in the background.Video card drivers are up to date too..

Advertisement