Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

i guess blizzard just hates me.... act 1 inferno and 56hours played, not a single legendary.

Same for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

quarryman wrote: »
    Noobish question here but what happens when I complete the campaign on normal? Do I get to keep my gear and gold to pass onto another character on the next difficulty. Or does my character carry onto the next difficulty with his current level?
    You keep everything but the story restarts with much harder mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ok if anyone up for some hellish pony riding add me we'll do some farming there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

boo to server shut down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gandalph wrote: »
    level 38 and just got my first legendary, some voodoo mask, got it on a crappy trash mob too!
    Just to rub it in....I got 3 legendary items by that level with my WD. And another 2 by L46. Of course, they were mostly crap (decent boots that I used for a few levels).

What I found though is that it's better to buff up the Gold Find stat. My L45 Wizard has it had 84% now and he rakes in the gold, which I then use to buy whatever items I want. He does crazy damage and is kitted out in full Int/Vit/Gold Find gear. Don't even need the vit to be honest...nothing touches me and bosses die in less than a minute.

I said it before...this game is not about Loot like D2...it's all about gold farming. It won't have the same lasting appeal as D2 because of that, even though it is still a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

boo to server shut down!

haha me and a friend were playing the starter editions and just about to reach the skeleton king when the message came up "server shutting down in 15mins"

We were like oh **** oh **** hurry up :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Just to rub it in....I got 3 legendary items by that level with my WD. And another 2 by L46. Of course, they were mostly crap (decent boots that I used for a few levels).

What I found though is that it's better to buff up the Gold Find stat. My L45 Wizard has it had 84% now and he rakes in the gold, which I then use to buy whatever items I want. He does crazy damage and is kitted out in full Int/Vit/Gold Find gear. Don't even need the vit to be honest...nothing touches me and bosses die in less than a minute.

I said it before...this game is not about Loot like D2...it's all about gold farming. It won't have the same lasting appeal as D2 because of that, even though it is still a good game.

The economy is still in the early stages of development, Of course gold farming is viable and you are only level 45 so it isn't exactly difficult or expensive yet!

A few months from now, Gold will be a fraction of it's current value as there are no gold sinks. Gold enters the market with nowhere to go driving the value down. You compare the D2 market which has had 12 years of a constant flow of gold making it worthless(Which means item farming is worthwhile!) with a market that has been open for 8 days. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Server is down in Europe.

But I want to play :sad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Server is down in Europe.
    But I want to play :sad:

Maintenance again?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

I've finally decided I'm not going to buy this game in the foreseeable future.

I'm not a diablo devotee but enjoy a bit of dungeon crawling and was keeping an eye on the game as it approached release. By the time I got caught up in the launch hype and decided to purchase, I could only do so by paying 55 in Gamestop or 60 digital download. I just couldn't justify those prices when other outlets would sell for 45 when they restocked, so I decided to wait despite the frustration of not being able to join in the global launch experience.

However as the hype dies down, I can see more clearly the state of the game and I don't like it. Over a week later, server issues are still regularly preventing single player games from launching. That's a product that some have paid 60 euro for and they can't play an offline local single player experience because some online server is overloaded. Even when people can log in and play, they often experience game breaking lag. In the cold light of day I cannot support that type of product. I only get at most 10 hrs a week to play games on average, and I want any game to be playable whenever I turn to it. I also sometimes game on a laptop while travelling and won't necessarily have an internet connection available so would not be able to play diablo 3 at those times. I know the supposed justifications for 'always online', but they don't justify the situation for me.

So I've gone back to Skyrim, and will satisfy any loot cravings with Torchlight as I await the now day one purchase of torchlight 2, with it's offline single player mode. I refuse to pay full price for what for me is a partial product in Diablo 3. I will not budge on this unless they patch in offline SP, or the price drops to less than 30 euro neither of which I see happening this year.

BTW I'm not judging anyone who has bought the game and is happy having done so. Fair play to anyone in that situation, but this current product just isn't worth it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

This confuses me, as Gold Find on an item already attracts a premium on the AH.

So the journey to level 60 (while you are continually replacing items as you level) you spend (say) 12% more in the AH to get an item with 12%+ gold find whilst you have it you're getting 12% more gold (from monsters) so that when you need to replace it you will pay 12% more for a new item with gold find .... and so on .... :confused: Not sure how this helps achieve anything!

Also gold find is for monster gold drops only. Yes it's a substantial portion of your overall gold income but it has no effect on chest/container loot nor on selling blues and crap yellows to in game vendors nor on AH sales. Monster gold is definitely a large proportion of you overall gold earnings for sure but by no means 100%.

D3 definitely needs gold sinks fast - the fact that you can unsocket gems is monumentally stupid and needs to be removed ASAP - also selling "used" items on the AH is just plain dumb - you'd have thought that in the length of time D3 was in development Blizzard could have used some of their experience with WoW to make a good first stab at an economy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm not a diablo devotee but enjoy a bit of dungeon crawling and was keeping an eye on the game as it approached release. By the time I got caught up in the launch hype and decided to purchase, I could only do so by paying 55 in Gamestop or 60 digital download. I just couldn't justify those prices when other outlets would sell for 45 when they restocked, so I decided to wait despite the frustration of not being able to join in the global launch experience.

However as the hype dies down, I can see more clearly the state of the game and I don't like it. Over a week later, server issues are still regularly preventing single player games from launching. That's a product that some have paid 60 euro for and they can't play an offline local single player experience because some online server is overloaded. Even when people can log in and play, they often experience game breaking lag. In the cold light of day I cannot support that type of product. I only get at most 10 hrs a week to play games on average, and I want any game to be playable whenever I turn to it. I also sometimes game on a laptop while travelling and won't necessarily have an internet connection available so would not be able to play diablo 3 at those times. I know the supposed justifications for 'always online', but they don't justify the situation for me.

So I've gone back to Skyrim, and will satisfy any loot cravings with Torchlight as I await the now day one purchase of torchlight 2, with it's offline single player mode. I refuse to pay full price for what for me is a partial product in Diablo 3. I will not budge on this unless they patch in offline SP, or the price drops to less than 30 euro neither of which I see happening this year.

BTW I'm not judging anyone who has bought the game and is happy having done so. Fair play to anyone in that situation, but this current product just isn't worth it for me.

Ive been able to play the game every time i wanted to.
    Granted i wasnt online when everyone said the servers were down on Sunday last but i have not had a single issue with the game apart from lag on 2 occasions that lasted about 30 seconds.
    I like everyone else is not a fan of this always connected BS but im not going to miss out and a great game because i dont like that element of the game.
    I picked up the game for €45 in hmv on launch day,epic game so far ,id say its unmissable to anyone even remotely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

And low the Nerf bat was swung far and wide, sweeping across the Monk, the DH and the Wizard and they were sad as they were laid low and sent from Inferno back to Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

wha nerf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Inquitus wrote: »
    And low the Nerf bat was swung far and wide, sweeping across the Monk, the DH and the Wizard and they were sad as they were laid low and sent from Inferno back to Hell.
    If you die in inferno do you go back to hell? Do you have to finish hell then again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If you die in inferno do you go back to hell? Do you have to finish hell then again?

No lol, he means that people will have to back to hell mode as inferno will be too hard now that they've nerf'd some of the character abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You won't be missing much. It's a fun game and all, but it doesn't offer much that you won't get with the other arpg's that are coming out. And I don't imagine a SP patch will come at any point though. More and more games will probably use this model. It's too lucrative to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Magill wrote: »
    No lol, he means that people will have to back to hell mode as inferno will be too hard now that they've nerf'd some of the character abilities.

What abilities were nerfed? Hopefully not my WIzard's Hydra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Most new games are this price.

And most of those on my friends list are level 60 or close, so there hasn't been too much downtime.

A lot of it is just the whinge factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Was cruising through the game last night, turned it on this morning and I was getting killed every second pack! I can honestly say as a monk I think the heralds of pestilence are the most annoying mobs in game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

dorgasm wrote: »
    What abilities were nerfed? Hopefully not my WIzard's Hydra :)

It's not the Hydra you need to worry about - it's the Force Armor Rune that was silently nerfed to ****s. Now you get jumped in Inferno and one shotted like Barbs and Monks are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The nerfs are:

1) Wizard Force Armor and Diamond skin nerfed/fixed to feck
    2) Monks quickening nerfed/fixed to feck and Boon of Protection effectively removed from the game.
    3) DH smokescreen nerfed by 50%

All pretty massive changes that will make inferno far more difficult than some classes were finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dude, its nowhere near as bad as everybody is making it out to be, the fun experience vastly outweighs any DC issues which arise and to me are very minimal, usually its my connection that's at fault anyway.

I got my copy in gamestop BUT, i dug up all games i could to trade in, so i swapped 4 DS games and FFXIII (piece of ****) on the PS3 and got it for 20 bucks, winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Was cruising through the game last night, turned it on this morning and I was getting killed every second pack! I can honestly say as a monk I think the heralds of pestilence are the most annoying mobs in game

Was this on Inferno? I am not yet there a buddy of mine and myself are taking things slowly - we are currently in ACT III Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

nix wrote: »
    Dude, its nowhere near as bad as everybody is making it out to be, the fun experience vastly outweighs any DC issues which arise and to me are very minimal, usually its my connection that's at fault anyway.

I got my copy in gamestop BUT, i dug up all games i could to trade in, so i swapped 4 DS games and FFXIII (piece of ****) on the PS3 and got it for 20 bucks, winner!

It's the principal of it for me. I'm being asked to pay more (it *is* more expensive than other PC games) for a game that has a far greater chance of being unavailable to me than others. Whether a problem with their servers or my connection, the game would be unavailable to me unlike other games I paid less for. I can't support with a purchase that the more I think about it.

I'm happy for everybody who isn't experiencing connection issues or aren't bothered by them. I hope to be able to share the diablo iii experience in the future after a price drop or patch makes it a justifiable purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Diamond Skin too !?!? :( If they nerf that, they should reduce the retrdedly slow cooldown on teleport, it's bloody useless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thank you for not judging me, just because you don't want to buy a game....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So Blizzards phone queues weren't rediculous this morning so I managed to call them. Turns out they aren't offering refunds for people who bought the digital edition who were waiting for the CE.

They are sending me a CD key which is something but now I have to try and sell it which is just a pain and I am going to lose money. I knew this would backfire ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't understand people complaining about "nerfs" in this game.
    It's a new game, I'm sure there will be plenty of fixes/patches in the coming months due to trends/skills they see as OP'd

I can understand complaints in mutilplayer games where people are competing agaisnt one another, or a weapon may be overpowered etc.
    But this for most intents/purposes is a single/coop game.
    Diablo on Inferno is meant to be ridiculously hard anyways, as is Hell, so people at the top complaining, are those who can't solo it and farm all the gold...which was never the intent of Inferno.
    It just means you have to adapt, change your skills, and CO-OPERATE with other people in the higher difficulties.

I'd suggest they stop whinging, and go try 1 of the 4 other classes they haven't played yet.

I for one NEVER intend on playing inferno.
    I might try beat Hell in the coming weeks, but will then just roll a different class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If Boon of protection has been nerfed / removed Monks do not have a hope in Hell (excuse the pun) of being anyway viable in Inferno.

Spirit stacking and boon spamming was the only way to take any kind of hits from Act2+ and it made us worthwhile in a group.

We are now essentially useless, looks like a re-roll it is. Thanks Blizzard nerf a class that is crying out for love, gg.

Advertisement