Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't understand people complaining about "nerfs" in this game.
    It's a new game, I'm sure there will be plenty of fixes/patches in the coming months due to trends/skills they see as OP'd

I can understand complaints in mutilplayer games where people are competing agaisnt one another, or a weapon may be overpowered etc.
    But this for most intents/purposes is a single/coop game.
    Diablo on Inferno is meant to be ridiculously hard anyways, as is Hell, so people at the top complaining, are those who can't solo it and farm all the gold...which was never the intent of Inferno.
    It just means you have to adapt, change your skills, and CO-OPERATE with other people in the higher difficulties.

I'd suggest they stop whinging, and go try 1 of the 4 other classes they haven't played yet.

I for one NEVER intend on playing inferno.
    I might try beat Hell in the coming weeks, but will then just roll a different class

No offense but you can't really comment when you have no idea how it affects you. Both melee classes in the game are broken at the moment, Inferno is not possible no matter how good your gear is.

Nerfing the one ability that allowed you to at least last with other classes is extremely annoying and forces a reroll. Of course it's going to be complained about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Big Knox wrote: »
    No offense but you can't really comment when you have no idea how it affects you. Both melee classes in the game are broken at the moment, Inferno is not possible no matter how good your gear is.
    I think that's the point isn't it? It's meant to be impossible unless you are in a group kitted out with the best gear. I doubt the best stuff you get access top now would be considered in the long run to be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It's the principal of it for me. I'm being asked to pay more (it *is* more expensive than other PC games) for a game that has a far greater chance of being unavailable to me than others. Whether a problem with their servers or my connection, the game would be unavailable to me unlike other games I paid less for. I can't support with a purchase that the more I think about it.

I'm happy for everybody who isn't experiencing connection issues or aren't bothered by them. I hope to be able to share the diablo iii experience in the future after a price drop or patch makes it a justifiable purchase for me.

Wish I didn't buy it. It's an ok game that you supposedly play to gain loot and not for the gameplay or storyline. But I have to ask, what loot?

40 hours later and I have not found any decent loot, don't I equipped anything I found after normal, why spend hours and hours searching for loot when you can go to the Ah and get something way better for just 10,000 gold.

A brief summary to any prospective buyers,
    Online problems with a single player game, mediocre graphics, mind numbing gameplay, a lame story that you have to play 4 times in a row to get the most out of it and crappy loot. The best thing about this game is the addictiveness of buying and selling stuff on the AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Has anybody had to go back and grind a previous difficulty yet?, im getting my ass kicked in Act1 of Hell, level 53 barb.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Wish I didn't buy it. It's an ok game that you supposedly play to gain loot and not for the gameplay or storyline. But I have to ask, what loot?

40 hours later and I have not found any decent loot, don't I equipped anything I found after normal, why spend hours and hours searching for loot when you can go to the Ah and get something way better for just 10,000 gold.

A brief summary to any prospective buyers,
    Online problems with a single player game, mediocre graphics, mind numbing gameplay, a lame story that you have to play 4 times in a row to get the most out of it and crappy loot. The best thing about this game is the addictiveness of buying and selling stuff on the AH.
    If you ignore the auction house then the loot is not so crappy. Don't use it if you feel it makes the game worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

If Boon of protection has been nerfed / removed Monks do not have a hope in Hell (excuse the pun) of being anyway viable in Inferno.

Spirit stacking and boon spamming was the only way to take any kind of hits from Act2+ and it made us worthwhile in a group.

We are now essentially useless, looks like a re-roll it is. Thanks Blizzard nerf a class that is crying out for love, gg.

It's 8 days in. I'd be disappointed if inferno was completed within the first 2 weeks as there would be nowhere left to go.

The 'fixes' they're implementing are introducing some longevity to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nerfing the one ability that allowed you to at least last with other classes is extremely annoying and forces a reroll. Of course it's going to be complained about!!

Yes but thats the point. They nerfed the wizard and Demon hunter aswell. It wasn't just the monk. And they nerfed them hard. Diamond skin and force armor are gone.

They nerfed everybodies survivability on inferno. They don't want people to be able to do it. They want people to spend real money on the best items and that won't happen if "builds" allow it. They only want gear to be able to do it. Inferno is a gearcheck. Thats the way they want it. If people could finish inferno without the best gear, they wont buy any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes but thats the point. They nerfed the wizard and Demon hunter aswell. It wasn't just the monk. And they nerfed them hard. Diamond skin and force armor are gone.

They nerfed everybodies survivability on inferno. They don't want people to be able to do it. They want people to spend real money on the best items and that won't happen if "builds" allow it. They only want gear to be able to do it. Inferno is a gearcheck. Thats the way they want it. If people could finish inferno without the best gear, they wont buy any.

The more i think about it like this the more i think, man. This game sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

Where is this source knowledge coming from?
    So far i haven't seen any barb or monk reach full tier 1 gear yet, it will probably be a few weeks more of grinding before i do see them - welcome to diablo
    When you have full tier 1 and are still struggling on inferno, then you can claim something is broken.
    The people who did complete it on a kite class spent more time corpse running to bosses on inferno then actually playing the game, all they are doing is cheesing the game for personal reputation. Its not how the game is designed at all, inferno is not for the casual and the hardcore melee still need a hell of a lot more time grinding gear because that's how dependent it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think having an AH is a terrible idea for this kind of game. It totally ruins the sense of achievement at getting some good gear. I can pretty much buy better gear for my entire playthrough with the Barbarian, without ever having to worry about drops. Totally against the point of the game. Although i'll admit i've not even cleared normal yet, so maybe it'll be totally different at later levels.

Still enjoying it however, and will do my best to avoid using it entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Would it be fair to say that this game would not hold much interest for a player with limited gaming time available to them, who would not expect to play co-op at all, and who doesn't care at all for loot / hoarding?

I've never played any of these types of games before but want to be sure I'm not missing out on something I'd actually like! It just sounds from what I can pick up that this isn't the game for me, doesn't sound attractive, I just need someone to confirm this :)

I think that's the point isn't it? It's meant to be impossible unless you are in a group kitted out with the best gear. I doubt the best stuff you get access top now would be considered in the long run to be the best.

Yes gear scaling is a big part of it and that's understandable but Monks with the absolute best gear can't get a look in with act2 and that's not right.

Ranged classes will always have solid DPS so they can kite and drop groups. Both melee classes literally have to have nothing but defensive abilities stacked to even try and engage and then your DPS is non exsistant.

I have 50k hp, 5k armour, 35% dodge and 380 in all resists and I can't tank solo in Act2 with the boon nerf. In a group the mobs do 4x the damage, so you can't even engage.

Even with the DH and Wiz nerfs they still have the ability to slowly work their way through Inferno with Kiting when necessary. Melee have no hope of that and are even worse in groups, it needs to be addressed.
    Angeles wrote: »
    So far i haven't seen any barb or monk reach full tier 1 gear yet, it will probably be a few weeks more of grinding before i do see them - welcome to diablo
    When you have full tier 1 and are still struggling on inferno, then you can claim something is broken.
    The people who did complete it on a kite class spent more time corpse running to bosses on inferno then actually playing the game, all they are doing is cheesing the game for personal reputation. Its not how the game is designed at all, inferno is not for the casual and the hardcore melee still need a hell of a lot more time grinding gear because that's how dependent it is.

You say welcome to Diablo and then go on and mention tier 1 gear ha!!! There is no tiered gear in Diablo this isn't WoW. The "tiers" are cosmetic only. The closest thing to WoW style tiers is set items and sets aren't necessarily the best gear available!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Angeles wrote: »

Completely agree with this.
    Coming from a Wow background (not the same as D3 but similar in some ways) and spending some time raiding with a guild who were not too far behind the top tier guilds during Sunwell Plateau.
    Each boss' difficulty rose dramatically and became a gear check, if EVERY member didn't have the best gear you simply would not kill it. End of story.

So 8 days in and people complaining that they can't clear Inferno in their current gear (which I'm going to safely assume are not all good legendaries) is a bit naive

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well inferno is hard solo DH, the nerf of smoke did a number on my survivability :).

very hard. love it! :D even with my cheesed up xbow 800dps from AH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Yes gear scaling is a big part of it and that's understandable but Monks with the absolute best gear can't get a look in with act2 and that's not right.
    You don't have the best gear.
    Ranged classes will always have solid DPS so they can kite and drop groups. Both melee classes literally have to have nothing but defensive abilities stacked to even try and engage and then your DPS is non exsistant.
    Melees are suppose to tank in inferno and protect the glass canons. They're creating a difficulty where you have to actually co-op and not solo.
    I have 50k hp, 5k armour, 35% dodge and 380 in all resists and I can't tank solo in Act2 with the boon nerf. In a group the mobs do 4x the damage, so you can't even engage.
    Again, I don't think they want you to solo.
    Even with the DH and Wiz nerfs they still have the ability to slowly work their way through Inferno with Kiting when necessary. Melee have no hope of that and are even worse in groups, it needs to be addressed.
    Who's done it as DH or Wiz since the nerf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well I can comment, as mine was one of the classes apparently "nerfed"
    And I don't agree with your statement regarding Inferno being impossible.
    I guarantee someone else will do it pretty soon, and I'm sure there are groups doing it too.
    As stated in other posts, it is possible when you have the top-tier gear...e.g. the best Legendary items etc.

If you were able to solo Inferno, after 1 week, people would be complaining that there is no difficulty to the game...what would your end goal be ??
    If you can't solo it...ooohh it's too hard....my char got nerfed...their char is better than mine ;'( QQ TT
    (Well then roll that char !! it doesn't take long )

No pleasing some people. Bunch of whingers tbh

Great game, thank you Blizzard for your efforts, I've already got my moneys worth.

Caliden wrote: »
    Completely agree with this.
    Coming from a Wow background (not the same as D3 but similar in some ways) and spending some time raiding with a guild who were not too far behind the top tier guilds during Sunwell Plateau.
    Each boss' difficulty rose dramatically and became a gear check, if EVERY member didn't have the best gear you simply would not kill it. End of story.

So 8 days in and people complaining that they can't clear Inferno in their current gear (which I'm going to safely assume are not all good legendaries) is a bit naive

Are you even reading my posts? I'm not complaining I can't clear Inferno, i'm pointing out that compared to ranged classes melee are effectively broken. Monks healing and absorbing skills need to scale to be effective in Inferno but they don't, they are set numbers which are worthless in that difficulty and no amount of gear will change that.

And seriously will you leave out the WoW comparisons, they have no bearing here the games are nothing alike bar the auction house!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

And seriously will you leave out the WoW comparisons, they have no bearing here the games are nothing alike bar the auction house!

Completly disagree with you on this tbh. Diablo is just a more frantic version with less community play.

i think people forgeting that this game goes in to category of "carrot on a stick".

if some people expect to solo inferno in a bit more then a week, then you are doing it wrong. thats why i really dislike when people talk in "hours to finish game" about diablo. there is no end in this game, its a constant character building, tweaking.
    wait for PVP introduced and we will get a wave of PVP builds, specs, items etc. diablo is always about: who has the largest cock, which he can use to slap you or mob next to you.

You have a character that levels up , and fight bosses progressively tougher as you level.
    You play from a 3rd person view, and have skills relevant to your class , that you use in conjunction with other classes to beat tougher bosses.
    You collect gold and gear which is dropped by enemies to purchase better items for your character
    You can craft of buy said gear in an auction house.
    You consistently repeat the toughest levels/bosses to get more gold/loot
    When you are bored you re-roll a new class.

Apart from the fact that WoW has many players as opposed to a max of 4, they are "similar". Even someone like myself can see that.

I find it to be extremely like Guild Wars w/4 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ionapaul wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say that this game would not hold much interest for a player with limited gaming time available to them, who would not expect to play co-op at all, and who doesn't care at all for loot / hoarding?

I've never played any of these types of games before but want to be sure I'm not missing out on something I'd actually like! It just sounds from what I can pick up that this isn't the game for me, doesn't sound attractive, I just need someone to confirm this :)

It depends on how you take the game. It's quite casual friendly, though it is one of those "just 5 more minutes" games that you sometimes don't want to put down. Co-op isn't necessary at all, and you can go through it quite happily on your own (which would be benificial if you're just playing small bits at a time).

The thing is, one of the main draws of this type of game is the loot, so if you've no interest in it, it might be wise to give it a miss.

You could probably pick up Torchlight or Diablo 1 or 2 for next to nothing, so you could always try one of those to see if this would be something you'd like to try without having to fork out the full price.

Well I can comment, as mine was one of the classes apparently "nerfed"
    And I don't agree with your statement regarding Inferno being impossible.
    I guarantee someone else will do it pretty soon, and I'm sure there are groups doing it too.
    As stated in other posts, it is possible when you have the top-tier gear...e.g. the best Legendary items etc.

If you were able to solo Inferno, after 1 week, people would be complaining that there is no difficulty to the game...what would your end goal be ??
    If you can't solo it...ooohh it's too hard....my char got nerfed...their char is better than mine ;'( QQ TT
    (Well then roll that char !! it doesn't take long )

No pleasing some people. Bunch of whingers tbh

Great game, thank you Blizzard for your efforts, I've already got my moneys worth.

Ha I love your last post there as if it's a sly dig or something, for the record I love the game it's 10/10 for me and i'm a massive fan of the series since the original as I stated already in this thread I think Blizzard have done a fantastic job.

I'm all for game life through gear progression and difficulty but I also have the right to be annoyed when Blizzard take away the one ability that was our only tool to compete with the other classes and don't replace it...

You have a character that levels up , and fight bosses progressively tougher as you level.
    You play from a 3rd person view, and have skills relevant to your class , that you use in conjunction with other classes to beat tougher bosses.
    You collect gold and gear which is dropped by enemies to purchase better items for your character
    You can craft of buy said gear in an auction house.
    You consistently repeat the toughest levels/bosses to get more gold/loot
    When you are bored you re-roll a new class.

Apart from the fact that WoW has many players as opposed to a max of 4, they are "similar". Even someone like myself can see that.

I find it to be extremely like Guild Wars w/4 people.

dude, if you dont like it, dont play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

They never intended Inferno to be solo-able.
    Inferno is meant to be crazy hard to the point where you need the very best gear to be viable.

But...I remember an interview where they said they might have to nerf Inferno as they felt it might actually be too hard. What that tells me is that they got something very wrong since it was solo-able within a week. And they are now making drastic quick-fix nerfs to try 'fix' it to the way it was intended.

Inferno was a lot easier than they thought it was going to be, and this is due to the AH IMHO. It is meant to take a long time to get really good gear, but people could just gold grind and then buy the best available gear within days. They didn't think this through.

dude, if you dont like it, dont play it.

There is nothing there that says I don't like it.
    I enjoy the game .
    I'm simply pointing out that there is more similarities to both games, than simply the AH.
    In fact I probably enjoy it more than most, as I have no issues with *nerf* or difficulty or high-end loot, so I can enjoy the game for what it is and don't need to whinge like others :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I also have the right to be annoyed when Blizzard take away the one ability that was our only tool to compete with the other classes and don't replace it...

Again, you are only looking at it from a monks view.

Wizards are stacking 50k hp (thats a wizard now)and still getting one shotted. Before, if wizards went ultra defensive and had 4 defensive skills, they could survive 3 hits. Now, there is no build to survive. Even basic mobs in act 2 one shot.

They took away all the survivability. for all classes. They didn't hit the monk with the nerf stick. They hit all survivability with the nerf stick. They don't want any classes soloing inferno. So the monk is competing with the other classes. We are all dying together. Atleast the barbarians are happy now that they aren't the only ones. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Monks got overnerfed imo, they had to fix the quickening bug, they shouldn't have nerfed BoP as well, as without the quickening bug it would have been nerfed by the lack of Spirit generation and it's 50 point cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

What they need to do is make Act 1 doable for all classes with half decent gear, and ramp up the difficulty for the rest of the acts. That would allow people to grind for level 60 gear and then beable to progress through the rest of the acts eventually.

People saying they never intended inferno to be soloable are just wrong. The entire game is suppose to be balanced around solo play, they did say it should take months to clear it in inferno tho, so thats fine.

My biggest problem is that the loot just isn't really that interesting for me now, i just cant be arsed progressing for months only for to be suited in a full set of blue magic items. The bosses don't seem to drop boss gear... just some random magic and the odd ****ty rare, i don't know if this is different for end act bosses in inferno as i've only killed skeleking inferno. People will always whinge over class nerfs/buffs, thats just how it is and has been since WoW !

There is nothing there that says I don't like it.
    I enjoy the game .
    I'm simply pointing out that there is more similarities to both games, than simply the AH.
    In fact I probably enjoy it more than most, as I have no issues with *nerf* or difficulty or high-end loot, so I can enjoy the game for what it is and don't need to whinge like others :cool:

i really enjoy this game. in fact i am trying to farm some gold gear in act1 inferno. i am looking at all skills from utility view and not pure dps now. i started using slow trap and chain arrows. changed bombardment in to stun one too. i am trying to keep everything away from me as much as possible as i will die in 2 hits anyway.
    i die almost on all rare packs now :D. got 2 rare plans droped toom but they need lvl 10 BS and i am only 7 :(. i wonder if i am better of spending some money on proper MF gear first. i sow tal'rashas armor can be bought for handy money and it got nice MF. same goes for IK helm. great mf helm, can be cheap if its dex/int stats too.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Again, you are only looking at it from a monks view.

Wizards are stacking 50k hp (thats a wizard now)and still getting one shotted. Before, if wizards went ultra defensive and had 4 defensive skills, they could survive 3 hits. Now, there is no build to survive. Even basic mobs in act 2 one shot.

They took away all the survivability. for all classes. They didn't hit the monk with the nerf stick. They hit all survivability with the nerf stick. They don't want any classes soloing inferno. So the monk is competing with the other classes. We are all dying together. Atleast the barbarians are happy now that they aren't the only ones. :p

While that is true the problem with Monks is all our heals and absorbs are a set number instead of a percentage or weapon based so on Inferno these defensive heals that are healing for 5k with a 30 second CD are worthless.

I don't mind the difficulty in fact I applaud it but Monk skills need to scale and the only one that was working well and actually worth while in Inferno was taken away. If they rework our heals and absorbs to be percentage based then it would make alot more sense.

It looks like farming Act1 is going to be the norm for the next few months for all classes anyway which is cool by me. :pac:

Advertisement