Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Magill wrote: »
    What they need to do is make Act 1 doable for all classes with half decent gear, and ramp up the difficulty for the rest of the acts. That would allow people to grind for level 60 gear and then beable to progress through the rest of the acts eventually.

People saying they never intended inferno to be soloable are just wrong. The entire game is suppose to be balanced around solo play, they did say it should take months to clear it in inferno tho, so thats fine.

My biggest problem is that the loot just isn't really that interesting for me now, i just cant be arsed progressing for months only for to be suited in a full set of blue magic items. The bosses don't seem to drop boss gear... just some random magic and the odd ****ty rare, i don't know if this is different for end act bosses in inferno as i've only killed skeleking inferno. People will always whinge over class nerfs/buffs, thats just how it is and has been since WoW !

Bosses, Champions and Elites don't have a different loot table then the normal mobs they just have an increased chance to drop more.

A normal act1 zombie can drop the exact same loot as the Butcher and so forth for each act in each difficulty. Magic find builds will become more popular however as it really does ramp up the amount of blues and rares that drop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone finished act 1 inferno yet? Myself and a mate are stuck there. Farming the rest of act 1 at the moment for money/gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

if some people expect to solo inferno in a bit more then a week, then you are doing it wrong. thats why i really dislike when people talk in "hours to finish game" about diablo.

Yet you consistently keep moaning about how you've no "legendaries" a week and a half after release of a brand new game an keep talking about how many hours you've played...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

n1ck wrote: »
    Yet you consistently keep moaning about how you've no "legendaries" a week and a half after release of a brand new game an keep talking about how many hours you've played...

i am not really moaning, just dissapointed. keep in mind i got 60h played time, i am not lvl 15 barb noob, who expects to steam roll inferno. some people got legenderies just after few hours of play, so my moaning is more about my miss luck, then games fault.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

whats the level cap? nobody has brought anything I put up on the auction house ;'(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

D3 has sold 6.3 million so far, according to Blizzard. That's SERIOUSLY impressive. Diablo III is now the fastest selling PC game of all time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

D3 has sold 6.3 million so far, according to Blizzard. That's SERIOUSLY impressive. Diablo III is now the fastest selling PC game of all time.

Amazing what marketing and hype can do.
    Dont get me wrong, im totally loving the game,its fantastic but the likes of torchlight2 and path of exile are pretty darn good too yet they get nowhere near those numbers.
    Thats business however.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong, im totally loving the game,its fantastic but the likes of torchlight2 and path of exile are pretty darn good too yet they get nowhere near those numbers.
    Thats business however.
    But a lot of that is down to Blizzard releasing quality games with release after release and not as a hit and miss and hence people know that when they pick up the next Blizzard game it will be yet another quality product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats business however.

I have played both of those and they just are not up to the same standard as D3.

I have played both of those and they just are not up to the same standard as D3.

i have to say: path of exile had quite interesting stuff, i liked character development system. though who knows how it will all be in the end.

• Advertisement

AH done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just got kicked off.

Anyone else getting Error 75?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

quarryman wrote: »
    Just got kicked off.

Anyone else getting Error 75?

yip, me and my mate just got kicked.... :(

Getting an error 37 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Error 37 here too quite annoying since I got booted off in the middle of a boss fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Annoying that it's currently inaccessible, considering that the servers were offline for 6 hours today already. :/

i was still playing there now. act1 just after smiths quest. i am farming that area. good practice for killing elites too. still not too much on loot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nody wrote: »
    But a lot of that is down to Blizzard releasing quality games with release after release and not as a hit and miss and hence people know that when they pick up the next Blizzard game it will be yet another quality product.

Quality product my arse another 24hrs of error "WHATEVERTHE****" :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No excuse whatsoever....none. Should be able to play offline HUUUUUUGE MISTAKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

its really starting to bug the sh1te out of me now between lag spikes,error 37 and error 3007 and its defo not on my end.The diablo forums are full of threads relating to these issues here on the european servers and the one in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Finally some luck. Re running Act 2 Hell with WondaBoy.......Just got my first Legendary! Felt like thunderfury all over again :p

It's called Centurion. Shield for level 51. It's decent but it has 5% crit chance on it. None of the other 20 or so centurions on the AH have crit chance so i'm hopefull it will sell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

come on now diablo is by all means not a console game or something that you can clear in days/weeks. People spent months to clear D2 Hell mode, for some people information.

I go in inferno with very reasonably maxed out gears (WD 24k hp with 13k) from Hell, i two shots normal mobs in hell and even elites were highly killable (except some broken affixes which you just cant solo them obv), but when i arrived inferno i get 2 shotted lol.

i like it that way because this is diablo. you are supposed to grind thousands of hours to get the gears to be a king of beating the hardest difficulty. and then they will reset the ladder and then you will do it again.

if you have never played d2 and only play d3 for the hype, please enjoy your time from normal to Hell mode, leave inferno for the not-so-casual players. you dont like being called 'casual'? :pac: but you are if you whines about inferno mode.

also, try hardcore for the taste of being a true hardcore :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

meanwhile :pac:

aPmm1l.jpg

may be 200 mf surely helps.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

bastard :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Act 2 is MENTAL HARD with a wiz on your own...holy error 37 batman!!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

seraphimvc wrote: »
    meanwhile :pac:

aPmm1l.jpg

may be 200 mf surely helps.....

so you will have 300% MF with a 5 stack NV buff?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, they're made by small companies that didn't have 12 years to develop error 37...eh I mean the game. :D

Out of curiosity, do many of you use the auction house? I don't myself, partially because I prefer to use what I find and partially because I can't be arsed spending time looking through it when I could be clicking for my life in-game. I was just wondering if there was a high ratio of users.

I think even casual or rare users of the auction house will by a weapon or two as they level up. Of all the gear slots, the weapon makes the biggest difference. By far. You can double or triple your damage with 10k. Something like that can't be sniffed at.

Kirby wrote: »
    Finally some luck. Re running Act 2 Hell with WondaBoy.......Just got my first Legendary! Felt like thunderfury all over again :p

It's called Centurion. Shield for level 51. It's decent but it has 5% crit chance on it. None of the other 20 or so centurions on the AH have crit chance so i'm hopefull it will sell. :)

It sold for 220k! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Out of curiosity (as I'm still waiting for my copy :( ) how common is the RL cash auctions at the moment? I remember quite a long discussion on it here earlier when it was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

real money AH is not open yet - due 30/05 I believe? though it keeps getting pushed out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cleared game on Nightmare last night in group,

Game is literally so much harder in a group then on solo, which is just a cake walk.

Catching up on the rest of the gang I play with, the three days downtime with my pc killed me, everything currently farming Inferno to get ready to push through it

I've a weird character ,3.5k DPS but only 6k HP :D Drops just dont seem to carry vitality for me, another wizard in the group had 16k and everyone else was above 18k

So it just made things even MORE difficult considering everything hits for 1-2k :D

Advertisement