Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I wonder where people get the time to pump in so many hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm wondering that too.

Hoping to get a few hours in tonight, have only really played it in ones and twos so far. Nothing planned this evening, other than making soup. Roll on act II (Normal too, how sad is that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it bad that all this hype and talk make me want to buy diablo even though I can't afford it.
    just out of interest where is cheapest place to get it, bricks and mortar or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

seraphimvc wrote: »
    come on now diablo is by all means not a console game or something that you can clear in days/weeks. People spent months to clear D2 Hell mode, for some people information.

I go in inferno with very reasonably maxed out gears (WD 24k hp with 13k) from Hell, i two shots normal mobs in hell and even elites were highly killable (except some broken affixes which you just cant solo them obv), but when i arrived inferno i get 2 shotted lol.

i like it that way because this is diablo. you are supposed to grind thousands of hours to get the gears to be a king of beating the hardest difficulty. and then they will reset the ladder and then you will do it again.

if you have never played d2 and only play d3 for the hype, please enjoy your time from normal to Hell mode, leave inferno for the not-so-casual players. you dont like being called 'casual'? :pac: but you are if you whines about inferno mode.

also, try hardcore for the taste of being a true hardcore :D

For the record D2 Hell did not take months to beat, you just needed to be 80+ with the right build. Diablo Clone was tough however and needed decent gear alright but Inferno is a completely different animal this time.

Slowly working through Act2 with a Wizard friend and its tough going but were doing alright. Alot of champion packs are just not doable at the moment tough and you have to avoid them. Funnily enough the bosses themselves are not that bad its just the champions and elites. Alot of kiting invloved :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So has anyone gotten near 100k dps as a DH yet?

Seen a stream last night and the fella had 100k dps in it!:eek:

Currently on 20k myself, Yet have more dex(1700) than he did:/

I assume I will need to stack attack speed to get anywhere near the 100k mark...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

So has anyone gotten near 100k dps as a DH yet?

Seen a stream last night and the fella had 100k dps in it!:eek:

Currently on 20k myself, Yet have more dex(1700) than he did:/

I assume I will need to stack attack speed to get anywhere near the 100k mark...

Dexterity doesn't scale well the higher it gets. What you're looking for is + dmg weapons/rings/amulets etc. Of course, weapons with 900+ DPS also help =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

cleared Act 1 inferno last night (Solo).... actually 1 shotted the butcher which was surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Magill wrote: »
    cleared Act 1 inferno last night (Solo).... actually 1 shotted the butcher which was surprising.

LMFAO one shotted the butcher!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I wish they'd tone down the loot, I would rather get 5x less loot with a 5x better chance for it to be good, effectively keeping things the same, then have to go to town every 5 minutes to fecking empty my bags and cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Dexterity doesn't scale well the higher it gets. What you're looking for is + dmg weapons/rings/amulets etc. Of course, weapons with 900+ DPS also help =)

Are you sure? I had a 9-18 damage amulet and a dex 60 amulet

The dex 60 amulet added more damage.

Both had the same attack speed. Cost wise it was easier to get dex amulet than the damage amulet (even 9-18 is in heavy demand, and crazy demand for 10-22 and higher)

That's my take on it as a budget buyer, maybe at much higher spend amounts then the damage comes into play. I do about 55k damage with sharpshooter and I have a **** bow.

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »

Both had the same attack speed. Cost wise it was easier to get dex amulet than the damage amulet (even 9-18 is in heavy demand, and crazy demand for 10-22 and higher)

That's my take on it as a budget buyer, maybe at much higher spend amounts then the damage comes into play. I do about 55k damage with sharpshooter and I have a **** bow.

Yes, but what level were you and what level of Dexterity were you at. I said the higher you go the less it begins to scale. The more DMG you have the better the DMG/DPS stat scales in comparison to Dexterity.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Hit level 40 last night on my Barb and got my first Legendary. On Act 2 Nightmare playing a long side a monk.

Havent decided how good the Legendary is, has some nice resistance on it but I lose Vit, Str and another stat, can't remember what it was.

How good is resistance? The belt gives me roughly +5% to all resistances. Is that worth a loss of around 800 HP and 50 Str?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Magill wrote: »

how did you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Grabbed a 882 DPS + socket 2h xbow from the AH for 76k a few days back:D

I had +dmg rings/amulets but when I obtained my new gear the dps gain from the +dexterity was rather large.

Is it possible to search for the +dmg stat in the AH?

NiallFH wrote: »
    Hit level 40 last night on my Barb and got my first Legendary. On Act 2 Nightmare playing a long side a monk.

Havent decided how good the Legendary is, has some nice resistance on it but I lose Vit, Str and another stat, can't remember what it was.

How good is resistance? The belt gives me roughly +5% to all resistances. Is that worth a loss of around 800 HP and 50 Str?

You don't need Resistance yet. Don't worry about it until Hell/Inferno.

Is it possible to search for the +dmg stat in the AH?

Not as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

how did you manage that?

He probably men't that he killed the Butcher on his first attempt. Not actually killed him with a single blow

The damage amulet will add far more damage than the straight dex as your own dex works as a percentage modifier for that damage. The best amulets atm have your main stat, vit, +damage and attack speed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He probably men't that he killed the Butcher on his first attempt. Not actually killed him with a single blow

oh fair enough so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dcully wrote: »
    I wonder where people get the time to pump in so many hours.

During work. You just need to have the right job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMFAO one shotted the butcher!!!

:eek:
    how did you manage that?

haha, i meant as in 1st try :P I'd need some super damage to actually 1 hit the guy ! :D you guys so crazy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Inquitus wrote: »
    I wish they'd tone down the loot, I would rather get 5x less loot with a 5x better chance for it to be good, effectively keeping things the same, then have to go to town every 5 minutes to fecking empty my bags and cash in.

Torchlight 2 has a nice feature for this where you can dump all the junk loot you collect onto your Pet's inventory and send your pet back to town to sell it for you.

I think a Pet would feel out of place in the Diablo world though. I've just stopped collecting most loot at this stage as 99% of it worthless and I'll only pick up the rare or magic items.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you havnt, watched Kungen stream on twitch.tv

Old Raid leader for Ensidia,

He's currently farming for Inferno.....hardcore....

Hes pretty much a 24/7 streamer, informative and just a nice guy to watch, unlike the American dross streamers who typically think they are great and spout more pony then I care to take in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

What's the link to the stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

TheDoc wrote: »

Hes pretty much a 24/7 streamer, informative and just a nice guy to watch, unlike the American dross streamers who typically think they are great and spout more pony then I care to take in

Feck me he has come soo close to dying killing the white trash in Act 1 Inferno twice in the 10 mins I have been watching.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »

yeah ive being watching him

link http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I really hope they leave Inferno as is.

There are very little 'hard' games out there and in recent years people seem to think playing 100 hours should mean the game is complete and when it isn't it's some how the developers fault.
    As it is now, it means only those who are truly serious about it can get through inferno within the first few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Big Knox wrote: »
    The damage amulet will add far more damage than the straight dex as your own dex works as a percentage modifier for that damage. The best amulets atm have your main stat, vit, +damage and attack speed!

I am level 60 and I don't find this the case

I sold some of the earlier rings I was experimenting with but this is how it goes at the mo

turned off sharpshooter

My damage is 30220

I put on a 8-16 damage ring with 15% attack speed my damage increases to 33755

I replace it with a 66 dex ring with 14% attack speed (which sell for less relatively) and my damage is 34307

If something has good dex you don't necessarily need the damage (blues), obviously all stats are desirable, but people seem to be sinking too much into damage over dex. Dex also adds dodge etc.

Caliden wrote: »
    I really hope they leave Inferno as is.

There are very little 'hard' games out there and in recent years people seem to think playing 100 hours should mean the game is complete and when it isn't it's some how the developers fault.
    As it is now, it means only those who are truly serious about it can get through inferno within the first few weeks.

They definitely won't change it, if anything they will make it harder as Blizzard didn't want Inferno to be cleared for months after release. It's why they are throwing nerfs out now to stop progress.

Can't wait to finally get Diablo down whether it's sooner or later!! Back on to continue Act2 tonight, slow and steady is the name of the game... :pac:

I am level 60 and I don't find this the case

I sold some of the earlier rings I was experimenting with but this is how it goes at the mo

turned off sharpshooter

My damage is 30220

I put on a 8-16 damage ring with 15% attack speed my damage increases to 33755

I replace it with a 66 dex ring with 14% attack speed (which sell for less relatively) and my damage is 34307

If something has good dex you don't necessarily need the damage (blues), obviously all stats are desirable, but people seem to be sinking too much into damage over dex. Dex also adds dodge etc.

Really you want to have Dex on all your gear but as + damage is only available on Amulets and Rings ideally you want it on them as well as your main stat + attack speed!! Those rings and amulets are extremely expensive however...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yay. Beat Diablo solo on Hell and unlocked Inferno. I'm also only a couple bars from 60 :)

Loving my wizard. Despite what whiners on the forum would have you believe, there are several viable builds on hell. Now inferno might be a different kettle of fish. We shall see.

Advertisement