Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well bought myself some upgrades from farmed gold in inferno :D. sold few things too. brought my MF to 65% unbuffed on WH. i can clear that zone easyer and easyer now. i even completed crown quest now, but i will still go back to that zone to farm more gold.

damn i love this game! i havent played anything else for more then a week now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone playing on a Mac?

The fps was fine throughout Act 1, but after that it dropped horribly and now I have to wait for a patch before I can play again. Back to Torchlight, I suppose.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As a random question, I;m still waiting on my copy. I think it has been lost at this point, (9 working days) so am going to contact play.com tomorrow to cancel/refund the order.

Does anyone know are the games region encoded? As in is there a N.America/EU/Asian server as in Starcraft 2.

2 mates in the US are getting it and we would like to play D3 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

anyone else's blizzard downloader stuck? has there been something new? I cant login was playing earlier today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Tenger wrote: »
    As a random question, I;m still waiting on my copy. I think it has been lost at this point, (9 working days) so am going to contact play.com tomorrow to cancel/refund the order.

Does anyone know are the games region encoded? As in is there a N.America/EU/Asian server as in Starcraft 2.

2 mates in the US are getting it and we would like to play D3 together.

No region coding. You can change your region any time, but characters are only available on the regional server they were created on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Gandalph wrote: »
    anyone else's blizzard downloader stuck? has there been something new? I cant login was playing earlier today :(
    Happened me last night. I just closed it and restarted it twice and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

humanji wrote: »
    Happened me last night. I just closed it and restarted it twice and it worked.

Happened twice to me this morning and worked on the third go. The second time it reported it couldn't patch the tools and just closed on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Got kicked yesterday at the start of Act 3 when the servers went down. When I returned to the game menu it indicated I was on Act 4! Sure enough, when I resumed the game I was in a completely different location to the one I got kicked from. I was 3 parts into Act 4!

When I went back to the main menu I could select my previous stage correctly. The whole 2nd half of Act 3 was missing from the list but the start of Act 4 WAS there. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

think i will have to dive in and buy this game over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

they were tuning inferno difficulty with a team of hardcore raider / gamers to test its' difficulty. It was at first way too easy. Then they overshot and it was way too hard. I think right now is fine (just finished Hell last night).

Not that I can say much since I am only in ACT 1 but hey ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

No region coding. You can change your region any time, but characters are only available on the regional server they were created on.

Great news. My US mates can buy it and create characters on the EU server. (We find Starcraft too hard to play and have a conversation with at the same time, D3 should suit us a bit more)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I only started on nightmare , only realised what a gold sink the BS and JC are , I can buy better jweels than the flawless for half the cost it takes me to upgrade .

The AH has kinda ruined this game IMO , progression is too easy to inferno compared to amount of farming needed before

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

I heard that the professions are split between Normal/Nightmare and Hell/Inferno, i.e. after Nightmare you start your professions all over again?

I am in Nightmare at the minute and stopped leveling professions because of this. Didn't see the point if its going to reset once I finish Nightmare. Might aswell keep my money for gear and to level them when I hit Hell.

Not really struggling to get through NM so dont need to craft any gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You mean the blacksmith and jeweller? No they keep their level progression through all the difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

CombatCow wrote: »
    You mean the blacksmith and jeweller? No they keep their level progression through all the difficulties.

Yeah that's what I meant, I was told they would reset upon entering Hell, so I just packed them in. I have kept my pages and money though so can power level them if I need to, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

NiallFH wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I meant, I was told they would reset upon entering Hell, so I just packed them in. I have kept my pages and money though so can power level them if I need to, cheers
    Told by who? Resetting the professions makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Magill wrote: »
    haha, i meant as in 1st try :P I'd need some super damage to actually 1 hit the guy ! :D you guys so crazy !

This is sparta, bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    I only started on nightmare , only realised what a gold sink the BS and JC are , I can buy better jweels than the flawless for half the cost it takes me to upgrade .

The AH has kinda ruined this game IMO , progression is too easy to inferno compared to amount of farming needed before

Compared to the amount of farming needed before what?

Progression is fine, normal is a cakewalk, nightmare is an increase but handy once you are utilizing your skills properly, Hell requires some thought and a solid build and right now Inferno is impossible.

Also JC is very viable later on, Star gems can be made for 80k the cheapest you will find one on the AH is 400k...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Big Knox wrote: »
    Compared to the amount of farming needed before what?

Progression is fine, normal is a cakewalk, nightmare is an increase but handy once you are utilizing your skills properly, Hell requires some thought and a solid build and right now Inferno is impossible.

Also JC is very viable later on, Star gems can be made for 80k the cheapest you will find one on the AH is 400k...

They can't though. That's the thing. You have to buy or craft 3 preceeding gems and that's not free. And to even get to that level is expensive. Most people from Normal to hell use the perfect square gems. It costs 20k and 3 square gems to make one......but why would you when you can buy one for 8k off the AH?

They need to sort that out. It's the same with blacksmithing. It's not worth the time, effort and money to level them when people just buy them off the AH for much cheaper when they drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Yeah, I buy my gems now off the AH as well as items!

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    They can't though. That's the thing. You have to buy or craft 3 preceeding gems and that's not free. And to even get to that level is expensive. Most people from Normal to hell use the perfect square gems. It costs 20k and 3 square gems to make one......but why would you when you can buy one for 8k off the AH?

They need to sort that out. It's the same with blacksmithing. It's not worth the time, effort and money to level them when people just buy them off the AH for much cheaper when they drop.

Currently it is cheaper to craft stars even with making radiant squares yourself I was doing it last night but that probably wont last long. You really shouldnt be able to remove gems from items...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

What sort of spec are people leveling like through trash/elites with monk?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Gandalph wrote: »
    What sort of spec are people leveling like through trash/elites with monk?

Depends where you are at in the game, but the only really viable builds for people without ridic gear on inferno center around kiting and survivability.

Currently I use Earth Ally, go into combat with elites using Serenity for 4 sec invul, dish out as much smackdown as possible (not alot) use blind to escape, make my escape, await serenity cd to be back up. and rinse and repeat while recasting Earth Ally as he dies every 2 secs.

Its a deeply unsatisfying play style for a supposed Melee class, as we are essentially adapting the ranged kiting play style, which seems to be the only viable play style for all classes, to melee. This means we spend most of our time running around, and given we do much less dps then DH and Wiz, we need 4-5x as many attack windows to get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hmm going ok so far on my Monk, only lvl 40 though and doing nightmare atm. MY current spec is using the roundhouse kick with stun(often) the first fist atk, and the cylone. It goes through normals pretty easy, not so easy with the blues/yellows depending on the combos.

I have no idea on the names of the stuff, I'll try post my build later. Would be good to get some tips/feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just lost another demonhunter to hardcore, 31 this time, nightmare act 1 :/ devastating, but i just cant go back to normal :D

Inquitus wrote: »
    Depends where you are at in the game, but the only really viable builds for people without ridic gear on inferno center around kiting and survivability.

Currently I use Earth Ally, go into combat with elites using Serenity for 4 sec invul, dish out as much smackdown as possible (not alot) use blind to escape, make my escape, await serenity cd to be back up. and rinse and repeat while recasting Earth Ally as he dies every 2 secs.

Its a deeply unsatisfying play style for a supposed Melee class, as we are essentially adapting the ranged kiting play style, which seems to be the only viable play style for all classes, to melee. This means we spend most of our time running around, and given we do much less dps then DH and Wiz, we need 4-5x as many attack windows to get the job done.

This is my current spec which allows me to Tank in Act1 without any problems and tank normal mobs in Act2.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXgYQ!ZYX!ZZcaYc

I can go for a more DPS centric build for normal mobs but for Tanking elites and champions this is what I go with. I can tank most packs in a 4 man group but it allows for kiting when needed. I would heavily advise you to have an attack speed of over 2.0 for spirit generation using FoT.

Passives and alot of the runes add Dodge and reduce enemy damage. Skillwise I will open with Blinding Flash, see what the initial damage is like and either recast MoH for the spirit heal and increased health regen or if I take heavy damage use Breath of Heaven which also fears and gives some room for breathing. Serenity I save for Oh **** moments where I need to get out or get jailed / frozen and finally Lashing tail kick with the extra knockback room is used for keeping adds off the ranged or if you get stuck and need to clear room or kite. MoH and lashing tail kick can also be used as spirit dumps for the Transcendence heal when needed.

Obviously DPS is an issue with this build but that's melee Inferno you can't really help that. If solo you might want to use Earth Aly instead of Serenity / Blinding Flash and remember recast him for an instant taunt and as a spirit dump.

The main thing to be able to tank and stay in is constant and fast spirit regen so you can keep dumping when your heals are on CD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

just lost another demonhunter to hardcore, 31 this time, nightmare act 1 :/ devastating, but i just cant go back to normal :D

Being honest id say its pretty addictive alright.
    Watching every step as you go etc.
    Im miles away from that myself, im only on act 3 nightmare still trying out different builds on my barb.
    I think ill roll a wizard soon too , at this rate and my habbit for alts i wonder will i ever get to hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are there any bonuses to using hardcore mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

FIRST LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!

bul-kathos's wedding ring:

74 str
    49 dex
    each hit adds 97 life
    4% life
    25% increased crit damage
    socket

not bad stats too. though i dunno what to do with it, do i sell on and buy some MF gear or used it myself. that 97 life steal is very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Big Knox wrote: »
    This is my current spec which allows me to Tank in Act1 without any problems and tank normal mobs in Act2.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXgYQ!ZYX!ZZcaYc

I can go for a more DPS centric build for normal mobs but for Tanking elites and champions this is what I go with. I can tank most packs in a 4 man group but it allows for kiting when needed. I would heavily advise you to have an attack speed of over 2.0 for spirit generation using FoT.

Passives and alot of the runes add Dodge and reduce enemy damage. Skillwise I will open with Blinding Flash, see what the initial damage is like and either recast MoH for the spirit heal and increased health regen or if I take heavy damage use Breath of Heaven which also fears and gives some room for breathing. Serenity I save for Oh **** moments where I need to get out or get jailed / frozen and finally Lashing tail kick with the extra knockback room is used for keeping adds off the ranged or if you get stuck and need to clear room or kite. MoH and lashing tail kick can also be used as spirit dumps for the Transcendence heal when needed.

Obviously DPS is an issue with this build but that's melee Inferno you can't really help that. If solo you might want to use Earth Aly instead of Serenity / Blinding Flash and remember recast him for an instant taunt and as a spirit dump.

The main thing to be able to tank and stay in is constant and fast spirit regen so you can keep dumping when your heals are on CD.

Aye but that build doesn't cut it for soloing really.

Best Monk build is Tank build + DH and Wiz mates :)

Advertisement