Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 :D If anyone has any spare codes, or temp accounts i would really appreciate a PM. I know the game is gonna be good, but i just want a taste, just a taste of things to come.

Cheers

I too would appreciate it lads and ladies : ) dying to give this A go just to make sure I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

ShaneU wrote: »
    Standard version is cheapest on amazon
    How about collectors? any idea?
    (I really want that dragon!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I too would appreciate it lads and ladies : ) dying to give this A go just to make sure I like it

+1 :D If anyone has any spare codes, or temp accounts i would really appreciate a PM. I know the game is gonna be good, but i just want a taste, just a taste of things to come.

Cheers

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Would anyone like to share their temp account with me? Really wana give the game a shot before it's out

I sent you all a pm with my login details, enjoy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thanks so much! Downloading now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I still havent played D3 in any form yet,looking forward to release.
    Meanwhile ive been playing some old classics like D2,BG etc but this weekend ill be playing Path of Exile, its public test this weekend and so far i must say its pretty darn impressive.
    For anyone longing for some Diablo style gameplay that also looks fantastic its worth a look.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Groinshot wrote: »
    How about collectors? any idea?
    (I really want that dragon!)
    Gamestop.ie, no stock though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dermighty wrote: »
    I sent you all a pm with my login details, enjoy.

are you being serious? =D,If you are I didn't receive any pm ;-(

Actually, Does anyone fancy sharing an account with me for a day or two?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Couldn't find a collectors edition in brick and mortar so decided to order normal version on battle.net. Is there any confirmation if we can start playing 00:00 gmt or is it based on us eastern or western time?

Thanks

I sent you my login details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Couldn't find a collectors edition in brick and mortar so decided to order normal version on battle.net. Is there any confirmation if we can start playing 00:00 gmt or is it based on us eastern or western time?

Pretty sure its based on your local time. I know i bought Mass Effect 3 online and it unlocked at 00:00gmt

Thanks

.........You're welcome.........

Changed the password on my account. Access has completed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Hey,

Since the release is incoming soon enough I was wondering is there anyone kind enough to loan me access to their beta account for a few days? Just wanna give the game a shot pre-release(mainly for performance, but obviously to have a go!)

Cheers,
    Nick

n1ck wrote: »
    Hey,

Since the release is incoming soon enough I was wondering is there anyone kind enough to loan me access to their beta account for a few days? Just wanna give the game a shot pre-release(mainly for performance, but obviously to have a go!)

Cheers,
    Nick

Sent you my login details

Feck this i may as well join the begging party :P
    Anyone minds loaning me access please :) only on an account set up for beta.

Dcully wrote: »
    Feck this i may as well join the begging party :P
    Anyone minds loaning me access please :) only on an account set up for beta.

Sent you the login details.

Play nice the two of you!

Much appreciated .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Blizzard are doing a sort of pre launch event for diablo 3. For this you can unlock some unique in game sigils that are used for your ingame banner. There is one unique sigil per class so to get them all you have to do this every time a new class is features on the website. Its very simple and takes couple of mins. Link below:

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_EU

Sorry for not thanking you earlier, but I never got a pm :( and also had to take a few days off the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Check your accounts
    We’re in the process of sending out 275,000 Diablo III beta invites to our opt-in testers. As it’ll take us a while to notify all the lucky invitees, we recommend heading to your Battle.net Account Management and seeing if you’ve received a Diablo III beta license. If you have, you’re good to go! Download the beta client and use your Battle.net account and password to log in once it’s installed. While you’re logged into your Account Management page though, don’t forget to create your BattleTag. You can choose this permanent account-wide nickname by clicking on the BattleTag “Create one now” link on the left side of your main Battle.net Account page. Choose wisely as there’s no current ability to change it. A BattleTag is required to play Diablo III, and so whether you get into beta or not you should pick one while you’re there.

Keep in mind that with such a large amount of invites for our test hardware we fully expect a strong possibility of stress test issues, such as an inability to log in, disconnections, and potential lag/latency. We’ll also be testing our queuing system ,which you may see when attempting to enter a game.

Thank you for your continued help, feedback, and patience as we approach the May 15 release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am hyped for this game again... FFs can't wait for may!!!!

Come on!!!!

* I am paffetic, I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

PATHETIC? ME NO UNDERSTAND.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

gizmo wrote: »
    PATHETIC? ME NO UNDERSTAND.

:pac:

God dammit I want to play a Barbarian now... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Barbarian for me as well, with a Wizard alt i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I am hyped for this game again... FFs can't wait for may!!!!

Come on!!!!

* I am paffetic, I know :)

I thought you weren't even bothered about it anymore :D

Im in the same boat tho, can't bloody wait. Finish my last exam the day before release.... whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Magill wrote: »
    I thought you weren't even bothered about it anymore :D

Im in the same boat tho, can't bloody wait. Finish my last exam the day before release.... whoop.

i said that will happen ! :D

Kiith wrote: »
    Barbarian for me as well, with a Wizard alt i think.

My initial choice was and probably still is the Monk but i'm having my doubts now!! The barbarian is the safe choice you can't go wrong really and you know what you're getting. Loot just seems better with a Barbarian also, so many options and you get your choice of pretty much all melee weapons but I found the Barbarian the most boring of the classes combat wise in D2.

I'm gutted they didn't bring the Paladin back, was really hoping they would but the Monk seems to be his replacement. I'll roll Monk for the first Act, see if I like it and if not i'll reroll Wizard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    My initial choice was and probably still is the Monk but i'm having my doubts now!! The barbarian is the safe choice you can't go wrong really and you know what you're getting. Loot just seems better with a Barbarian also, so many options and you get your choice of pretty much all melee weapons but I found the Barbarian the most boring of the classes combat wise in D2.

I'm gutted they didn't bring the Paladin back, was really hoping they would but the Monk seems to be his replacement. I'll roll Monk for the first Act, see if I like it and if not i'll reroll Wizard!!

All classes can use all weapons and they benefit directly from weapon damage and speed. Like the Wizard shock spell casts faster or slower depending on the speed of your weapon and the spell gains its DMG modifiers from a % of your weapon DMG. All classes are like this. At first i didnt like it, but it works in the case of class balance.

The monk is supposed to be a Paladin-Assassin hybrid, both classes being my top two played in D2, but for some reason the monk appeals to me the least out of all the classes available :confused: Im gonna be playing a Witch Doctor myself on launch, i really like the untraditional style of his spells (attacking with frogs and insect swarms)

Look at that Barbarian showcase there is one thing that bothers me. The amount of AOE in the game is insane. All classes seems to have massive amounts of AOE abilities and it just seems......i cant find words for it, to easy maybe? Plus the fact that one AOE from the Barb there seems to kill all mobs on the screen with ease. Hoping he is a lvl 50 Char in Normal mode :P I really really want this game to be a challenge

ShaneU wrote: »
    Check your accounts

*sigh* none for me anyway

• Advertisement

All classes can use all weapons and they benefit directly from weapon damage and speed. Like the Wizard shock spell casts faster or slower depending on the speed of your weapon and the spell gains its DMG modifiers from a % of your weapon DMG. All classes are like this. At first i didnt like it, but it works in the case of class balance.

The monk is supposed to be a Paladin-Assassin hybrid, both classes being my top two played in D2, but for some reason the monk appeals to me the least out of all the classes available :confused: Im gonna be playing a Witch Doctor myself on launch, i really like the untraditional style of his spells (attacking with frogs and insect swarms)

Look at that Barbarian showcase there is one thing that bothers me. The amount of AOE in the game is insane. All classes seems to have massive amounts of AOE abilities and it just seems......i cant find words for it, to easy maybe? Plus the fact that one AOE from the Barb there seems to kill all mobs on the screen with ease. Hoping he is a lvl 50 Char in Normal mode :P I really really want this game to be a challenge

Yeah I get that with the weapons but realistically the higher level and unique items are going to be very class specific with their bonuses, I seriously doubt we will see Wizards running around with 2 handed swords and the likes. Weird system though, time will tell the benefits / limitations. My guess would be it's there to help with early levels / difficulties but won't be much use late game!!

Yeah the monk is most definitely a paladin / assasin mix alright, going to see how it goes but like you there's something I can't put my finger on that i'm not sure about. The Witch Doctor does look good, seems to be a sort of Necro / Warlock(wow) mix up and I would say it will be fun to play with some weird build variations available.

On the difficulty thing this is something I really hope they just lift straight out of D2. Normal is not a challenge solo, Nightmare is a definite step up but still doable with the right set-up and decent gear and finishing Hell is a must group unless you are max level, have a very strong build and have pretty much the best gear available for your set-up / class.

Can't wait for next month!!!!

Advertisement