Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Magill wrote: »
    Its just a way for them to make money, people WILL buy gear, infact theres videos with pretty average items selling for $10-$15. Im gonna put my best items for sale at a ridiculous price just to see if they do sell anyway !

But yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

Steve, buy my three-handed battleaxe of pwnzor, only $250!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Steve, buy my three-handed battleaxe of pwnzor, only $250!

HA ! Sounds like a bargain !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I just lodged a tenner into my battle net account to use in the RMAH when its released. Just want to buy some gold for LV60+ gear for Inferno so that I'm not getting killed every 2 minutes or playing for hours farming gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

A Streamer sold all his main characters items, And made around ~$700(I think, Quality is ****e). 2 of his items sold for the max amount. Madness:pac:

HUOVK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

CAN I SELL MY LAG ASS COPY OF D3 IN "AH" FFS!!!!!

:mad::mad:

:P

• Advertisement

Just got my second legendary:D

nslxW.jpg

Will be throwing it up on the RMAH, Should hopefully recoup the cost of Diablo 3 from it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Who needs a summer job when i can make that sort of money just from playing diablo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Before the inevitable dribble posts arrive

Can we all agree to understand that this is optional, and that Blizzard isn't forcing anyone to buy things with real money, and that there are people in the world who are happy to spend some money on their games they enjoy.

Cause I know 10000% someone is going to post some bollox about the RMAH being a joke or ruining the game or some pony.

Its actually a brilliant idea, I'm not forced to BUY anything, yet I have the opportunity get some really good drops and sell them on for money. To buy what you say?

I can let that balance acrue and pay for blizzard products from the store. Save up for SC2 Heart of the swarm? Save up and buy Mists of pandara, save up for WoW subs, its a great option to have.

The only downside is that you cant let your account build up then withdraw through paypal. You need to decide after the point of the sale if you want to store in your account or withdraw through paypal, which is a bit lame. And there is a 15% transaction charge on the withdrawl, which is also lame.

Hopefully can get a few bits that will make me a few bob to put towards upcoming Blizzard titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

TheDoc wrote: »
    The only downside is that you cant let your account build up then withdraw through paypal. You need to decide after the point of the sale if you want to store in your account or withdraw through paypal, which is a bit lame. And there is a 15% transaction charge on the withdrawl, which is also lame.
    Could you not store all the money in your account and then create a second account, have that auction off an incredibly common, low level piece of kit for the amount that you have stored, buy it with the first account, and have the second account withdraw to Paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

or just get a friend to buy something and give them the money you'd have withdrawn.

All just in theory for the moment because first you need to sell off the gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Got some legendary armour there. Cindercoat.
    Decent enough, but I'd just bought armour on the AH for pittance and it was slightly better in every way.

When I was putting it up for auction I compared it to other versions. It seems fairly good by comparison to most of them.

Incidentally, the armour I got was pretty good - bonues to all resits, bonuses 50 odd to each attribute and came with 3 amethysts for an extra 90 vitality. If I hadn't just bought it the legendary would've been ok to use for a while.

It just seems like legendaries are almost never very good. You invariably have something better already or can get something better for a pittance.

*Gets ready for a poke around (in new RMAH)/late nighter to be greeted with the message, maintenance from 2 to 6am. Balls. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Aaaaarrrggghhh:mad: Time for a pedal.:p

So the RMAH will be up at 5am? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Jonny7 wrote: »

Obviously after any stand-alone game initially sells then there is a huge drop in revenue. They could release DLC, expansions etc, but the Auction House appears to be Blizzard testing new ground in gaining revenue.

Blizzard got people to pay money for pets in the most successful mmo ever whilst paying a sub, they know their marketplace after dumbing down d3...

RMAH is up, not much in it yet and couldn't find any gold either.

I'm just going to have to restrain myself until prices become sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just got my second legendary:D

nslxW.jpg

Will be throwing it up on the RMAH, Should hopefully recoup the cost of Diablo 3 from it:pac:

Jesus, seriously put that up for the max ammount!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Is there anywhere I can download (buy & download) Diablo from? Steam doesn't have it :(
    I want it tonight.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Zulu wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can download (buy & download) Diablo from? Steam doesn't have it :(
    I want it tonight.
    Thanks

Battle.net

• Registered Users Posts: 14 danmur

any word on the Rmah? stuck in work for next 2 days..
    is it true they are selling gold on it?

• Advertisement

danmur wrote: »
    any word on the Rmah? stuck in work for next 2 days..
    is it true they are selling gold on it?

The feature is present but I don't think It is enabled yet as there is no one selling any.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 danmur

any playing a witch doctor? what spell combos you liking to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Hey, is the starter edition release to the public yet i thought it was available from the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Some people have too much money lol ! Already made back my investment on the game.

jhgh6p.jpg

Still have some of my best items up for sale aswel.... Can see some people making an absolute killing on this tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's insane. I'd love to see overall stats on how much money people have spent in a months time, but i doubt Blizz will release that data.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Found a legendary this afternoon. $$$ rang up in my eyes, was a pos. sigh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

BKtje wrote: »
    Most are :rolleyes:

Spent a good 30 hours farming to buy decent MF gear and raked up 20 millions in the process but if i spent that time doing over time in work i'd get way more. so unless you get a godly item by playing the game for fun, it isn't really worth it.
    I only do it because i love grinding for items and gear, i grinded same mobs in wow for ages, i'm pretty weird :pac: not doing it for the real cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

KilOit wrote: »
    BKtje wrote: »
    Most are :rolleyes:

Spent a good 30 hours farming to buy decent MF gear and raked up 20 millions in the process but if i spent that time doing over time in work i'd get way more. so unless you get a godly item by playing the game for fun, it isn't really worth it.
    I only do it because i love grinding for items and gear, i grinded same mobs in wow for ages, i'm pretty weird :pac: not doing it for the real cash

this.

played for fun, found some great stuff, most of it is now in the RMAH. sold my for 120, and my crossbow should sell too.
    gloves went for 80.

delighted!
    now just waiting to sell commodities.. have a rake of good gems/plans and 38 mill gold to flog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

A friend of mine used to sell D2 items and said it's mostly well paid people buying his items who only have a couple of hours a week to play the game.

In my opinion, a few quid on an item is fine but it's the items selling for $200+ that I find unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Just checked out euro AH, laughing hard at the prices.

Advertisement