Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

XVII wrote: »
    Just checked out euro AH, laughing hard at the prices.

Won't buy anything on it, but I'll try and sell most of the decent stuff I find. Have a rake of items there for 1/2 quid each.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

anyone who's selling stuff at crazy prices, keep us posted on how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Won't buy anything on it, but I'll try and sell most of the decent stuff I find. Have a rake of items there for 1/2 quid each.

Blizzard take the first euro (or pound) of the sale - the minimum price is €1.25 so you'd only get 0.25 - if you want to take that cash away with you then there's another 15% on top.

This makes low value items hardly worth selling on the RMAH.

Given that gold (on external markets) is currently €4.63 per 1,000,000 it means that if something has a gold value of much under 300,000 it's hardly worth putting it on the RMAH - you're just paying Blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

humanji wrote: »
    Could you not store all the money in your account and then create a second account, have that auction off an incredibly common, low level piece of kit for the amount that you have stored, buy it with the first account, and have the second account withdraw to Paypal?

Blizzard take 10% of the transaction fees, and then you get hit with a 15% withdraw fee by paypal.

And there are measures in place to stop this. They will open paypal movements later on, just not at the moment. You have to make a paypal account EXCLUSIVELY for the RMAH, you cant use an existing one, its a unique account that syncs with your BNET account

Then when you stack up that unqiue paypal account, you can transfer it over to your exisitng paypal

More fees.

I dont see myself extracting money unless I get a massive amount of money. Just gonna store it up for future blizz products

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

TheDoc wrote: »
    Blizzard take 10% of the transaction fees, and then you get hit with a 15% withdraw fee by paypal.

And there are measures in place to stop this. They will open paypal movements later on, just not at the moment. You have to make a paypal account EXCLUSIVELY for the RMAH, you cant use an existing one, its a unique account that syncs with your BNET account

Then when you stack up that unqiue paypal account, you can transfer it over to your exisitng paypal

More fees.

I dont see myself extracting money unless I get a massive amount of money. Just gonna store it up for future blizz products

Are you sure about that? I've linked my existing paypal account to my Battle.net account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

thought they just take 1 euro?

I'm using my pp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

pH wrote: »
    Blizzard take the first euro (or pound) of the sale - the minimum price is €1.25 so you'd only get 0.25 - if you want to take that cash away with you then there's another 15% on top.

This makes low value items hardly worth selling on the RMAH.

Given that gold (on external markets) is currently €4.63 per 1,000,000 it means that if something has a gold value of much under 300,000 it's hardly worth putting it on the RMAH - you're just paying Blizzard.

Guess I'll increase the prices so, and hope someone's an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Source?

I read the FAQ and it doesn't state anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So tempted to make a softcore Demon Hunter and farm stuff for cash moneh, but by the time i hit 60 im sure the prices will drop hard. I mean. Someone actually bought a rare 1.1k 1h Axe for $250? Seriously? I know i would be farming hardcore if i didnt have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

this.

played for fun, found some great stuff, most of it is now in the RMAH. sold my for 120, and my crossbow should sell too.
    gloves went for 80.

delighted!
    now just waiting to sell commodities.. have a rake of good gems/plans and 38 mill gold to flog.

Spent 200 hours playing the game
    Make 200 euros
    Profit
    er maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is the drop rate on hardcore increased slightly? i remember it was on diablo 2 lod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

is the drop rate on hardcore increased slightly? i remember it was on diablo 2 lod.

Nope. Same game as softcore. Although sometimes when playing if felt like the drop chance of rares was higher, but i was just getting lucky is all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone make much money on the RMAH yet? Not going well for me, have made loads on the gold AH but it seems people aren't buying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Anyone make much money on the RMAH yet? Not going well for me, have made loads on the gold AH but it seems people aren't buying

Bout £100ish so far (5 Items), think i priced a few of my best items to steeply, should beable to get another 200 or so i reckon once the time runs up on them. My wizard is naked tho, don't really feel like playing the game much atm.

I think the Auction House is pretty damn awesome, got 150 fun hours out of the game (And im sure i'll come back to it) and i'll make 4/5 times what i paid for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Inquitus wrote: »
    this.

played for fun, found some great stuff, most of it is now in the RMAH. sold my for 120, and my crossbow should sell too.
    gloves went for 80.

delighted!
    now just waiting to sell commodities.. have a rake of good gems/plans and 38 mill gold to flog.

Spent 200 hours playing the game
    Make 200 euros
    Profit
    er maybe not

agree 100% but what else will I do with it? I still have very good gear on my char and I'm still able to farm as much as I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317359/Cheating_in_Diablo%C2%AE_III-6_11_2012

^^
    For those of you tempted to use the private trainers floating around in order to farm/level faster to subsequently sell stuff on the RMAH.

Won't stop it being exploited though.

Not an awful lot available in more public trainers, like this from a certain site...
    Note that the trainer makes EVERY EFFORT to detect that you are
    PLAYING A PRIVATE GAME. If you try to join a public server or
    OPEN YOUR PRIVATE GAME to the PUBLIC, the trainer will quit
    functioning and will close itself.

Numpad 1: Enhanced Speed - toggle on and off to allow
    your character to move quicker.

Numpad 2: Reveal Map - toggle this on and when you enter new zones
    or move into new areas, parts of the map will be revealed
    ahead of time so you can plan better where to move.

Numpad 3: Quick Close Game - if you are near death, press this
    key and the game will instantly crash.

Numpad 4: Minimap Monsters - monsters will shop up as red dots
    on the minimap. You can use this to gauge how dangerous
    it is to move into certain areas.

Numpad 5: Escape Monsters - this allows you to run directly through
    most monsters and some items as if they were not there.
    You won't get trapped again by a horde of monsters!

^^ Not that amazing tbh.

There's others though (private) with no clipping, teleporting etc., probably able to farm bosses in minutes in order to get drops to sell on the RMAH.

I saw a mental 250 euro weapon go, but that's it. I think there are a few chumps who will pay that amount, and there are some exceptional items, but mostly, weapons in the top 10 of each category will prob go for between 15 and 70 euros depending on stats.

Anyway the market will stabilise after a few days, and I just expect good legendaries to sell solidly. I doubt there will be many making a living off the thing.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I saw a mental 250 euro weapon go, but that's it. I think there are a few chumps who will pay that amount, and there are some exceptional items, but mostly, weapons in the top 10 of each category will prob go for between 15 and 70 euros depending on stats.

Anyway the market will stabilise after a few days, and I just expect good legendaries to sell solidly. I doubt there will be many making a living off the thing.

I still think that the best of the best items will go for €100+, That's only a few hours of work versus how many weeks of farming hoping to get the items/gold to buy it. The people who buy them are not your average joe or some kid who gets a weekly allowance, It is doctors, lawyers and such who are paid decently and don't have the time to invest in farming but instead can just spend a small amount of money to get what they need.

Yes I see the prices of most items falling but they will keep up with the price of gold. Someone isn't going to sell an item for €5 when it sells for 10 Million gold until the price of gold is €.50/Million.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

agree 100% but what else will I do with it? I still have very good gear on my char and I'm still able to farm as much as I want.

Sure you might as well sell what you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Man i havent played this in ages and i was just talking to a guy who makes a few hundred euro a week just by using a bot to buy stuff on the AH. so jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Spunge wrote: »
    Man i havent played this in ages and i was just talking to a guy who makes a few hundred euro a week just by using a bot to buy stuff on the AH. so jealous.

Did his nose grow larger as he spoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

nslxW.jpg

If only it wasnt the worst possible block rate you'd be up 250, the socket might help a little.

If only it wasnt the worst possible block rate you'd be up 250, the socket might help a little.

your never gonna get a stormshield...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

KilOit wrote: »
    Did his nose grow larger as he spoke?

nah he showed me a link of his sales on AH. Said it was better just selling gold on ebay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

How do you guys value items when selling in the AH? I mean the normal one, not really money?

Any factor of the in-game selling price?

Here is the datamined notes for 1.0.3

IAS takes a massive hit with up to 2/3 reduction:(

quarryman wrote: »
    How do you guys value items when selling in the AH? I mean the normal one, not really money?

I search for the best stats on the item, lowering they value by 5-10 to get a better picture of what is for sale. Organise by buyout and undercut the lowest item with similar stats.

Don't pay attention to in game sale value.

quarryman wrote: »

I search for nearest item matching my one, find the cheapest and knock 10% off. nearly always sells pretty quick.
    on items of worth, it's a bit harder as you don't want to price too high as it won't sell.

Well I decided to advance a bit on diabl and not just farm act 1. Killed magda on inferno. Killing her was easy, but getting to her was quite annoying. I was getting one shoted prety much all the time. So if I **** up a tiny bit - death.

Still **** geared :(. Got only 3.7mil ATM and a lot of stuff cost a fecking fortune. Stupidly enough if legendary drops, it's always useless weapon! :( got hellrack with 800dps ....

Well I decided to advance a bit on diabl and not just farm act 1. Killed magda on inferno. Killing her was easy, but getting to her was quite annoying. I was getting one shoted prety much all the time. So if I **** up a tiny bit - death.

Still **** geared :(. Got only 3.7mil ATM and a lot of stuff cost a fecking fortune. Stupidly enough if legendary drops, it's always useless weapon! :( got hellrack with 800dps ....

The farming is on act 3, the drops are not good on act 1

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    The farming is on act 3, the drops are not good on act 1

Well I need to get to act 3 lol. I am not looking forward to belialal. I hate that fight!

Advertisement