Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Well once the patch comes out you can farm act 1 all you want and still have a decent chance at getting good gear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Been farming act 2 and made millions from it, MF is 245 and and can kill all trash and most elites with it. very surprised the location i'm using hasn't been nerfed. Not sure on discussing details here but few vids on youtube with it.
    Weapons in act 1/2 are rubbish and 99% time they're vender trash but the armor is decent and can sell for millions if you get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

^ Goblin farming is bboooooring tho.

I don't mind goblin farming when compared to kiting elites or avoiding elites or ress zerging elites or reloading the game because of elites.... I hate inferno:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Spent a bit of gold on some +all res gear, and sacrificed some dps and hp as I am not spending millions on anything just finding lower quality cheap stuff. Still definitely helping alot though! Progressing through act 2 solo. However those elite packs are still a nightmare to handle! Sold a couple of bad stuff on the rmah for 3e each which was a suprise! think I will use that money to buy gold when its available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Source?

I read the FAQ and it doesn't state anything like that.

Various blue posts on the forums state a new paypal account should be made for RMAH. That was when pushing out information when it went live on the US. If you can link your existing one then I guess they keep advising new ones for security measures.

Also their original RMAH FAQ stated a 10% fee for sale over a certain amount, so the making €1/$1/£1 from a sale is actually good news to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

your never gonna get a stormshield...... :(

with 46million gold, i could afford a few of them -_-

done with the game though, and made 280 euro so far, with 46million and a few more items to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

your never gonna get a stormshield...... :(

with 46million gold, i could afford a few of them -_-

done with the game though, and made 280 euro so far, with 46million and a few more items to sell

I meant finding one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Woohoo! Lvl 60.

What kind of resists do you need for late hell - early inferno?
    Currently they're all around 200 and I'm in the Arreat Crater.

Switched back from 1 hander+shield to a really fancy 2-handed axe.

850 dps, 400 life steal, 20% extra attack speed. Less survivability and I'll probably have to take the shield back for Act 4 but mangling everything at the moment.

It's bloody tedious having to hack away at monsters for ages. I'd rather live a bit more dangerously and kill them in less than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Gbear wrote: »
    850 dps, 400 life steal, 20% extra attack speed. Less survivability and I'll probably have to take the shield back for Act 4 but mangling everything at the moment.

It's bloody tedious having to hack away at monsters for ages. I'd rather live a bit more dangerously and kill them in less than 20 minutes.

Not being anywhere near 60 myself, take this with a pinch of salt. However, I'd have thought 850 dps was a bit low for a finishing-Hell-Lvl60 character. Maybe that's why it's taking so long to nail the mobs. From seeing people's previous posts, I assumed a characters DPS would be higher at level 60 - after all, my monk has ~450 DPS and he's only level 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not being anywhere near 60 myself, take this with a pinch of salt. However, I'd have thought 850 dps was a bit low for a finishing-Hell-Lvl60 character. Maybe that's why it's taking so long to nail the mobs. From seeing people's previous posts, I assumed a characters DPS would be higher at level 60 - after all, my monk has ~450 DPS and he's only level 40.

It is abit low, but he seems to have alot of defensive stats. 200 Resist and 400 LOH is alot, so id say he is sacrificing more DPS on his gear somewhere there. To be honest, looks like he is about ready for Act 1 Inferno on Hardcore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gbear wrote: »
    Woohoo! Lvl 60.

What kind of resists do you need for late hell - early inferno?
    Currently they're all around 200 and I'm in the Arreat Crater.

Switched back from 1 hander+shield to a really fancy 2-handed axe.

200 resists and 4.5k armor are ok for Act 1 Inferno. 400 Life on hit is pretty good, but ideally you want that close to 1000 if possible and an attack speed over 2.

850dps is quite low though. What class are you playing? My DH does 13000 base dps at L55. And I know my monk was doing about 3000 dps at around that level. Once you hit L60, you can massively improve your dps output for just a few thousand at the AH.

200 resists and 4.5k armor are ok for Act 1 Inferno. 400 Life on hit is pretty good, but ideally you want that close to 1000 if possible and an attack speed over 2.

850dps is quite low though. What class are you playing? My DH does 13000 base dps at L55. And I know my monk was doing about 3000 dps at around that level. Once you hit L60, you can massively improve your dps output for just a few thousand at the AH.

The weapon does 850 dps. I do 9.5k. :o
    34q3S.png
    This is the pretty axe. It only cost me about 2000 gold.

I've about 3.5k armour and 35k life.

I'm using frenzy as my left-click and charge as my splash.
    It seemed wasteful having cleave and charge so I switched to frenzy to take care of elites and bosses.

With Wrath of the Berzerker and full frenzy i'm hitting well above 2 shots/sec and 28k damage for those particularly tough elites. Usually the cooldown is over by the time I see the next elite pack. If not, I run around thinning out the normal monsters around them until it's ready again.
    Unless they have extra health they're mostly dieing in about 10-15 shots each.

I spend most of the time near death but with one of the passives (relentless I think) I take 50% less damage when I'm below 20% health.

I'm currently using the defensive shout that gives extra dodge%. Should I switch to 50% extra resists for inferno?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The weapon does 850 dps. I do 9.5k

Ah, that makes more sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Guys am currently only starting act2 on hell , i have very little if no resists , 4k dps , 29k health on my lvl 53 barb , finding the freeze mobs hammering me , am i geared totally wrong or what ?

and if so what should i go for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Guys am currently only starting act2 on hell , i have very little if no resists , 4k dps , 29k health on my lvl 53 barb , finding the freeze mobs hammering me , am i geared totally wrong or what ?

Nah act 2 hell just needs you to be wearing whatever you have cobbled together tbh. A weapon upgrade from AH might help your lot though, its the single biggest driver of performance. You should be avoiding the freezes really.

[DF]Lenny wrote: »

With freeze mobs I find that having Furious Charge helps.

If they drop the little freeze bombs either time it that you're charging as they explode or simply charge out of range of them.
    It's also handy for getting out of "jail" from jailer mobs or quickly running away from arcane enchanted mobs if a load of arcane beams are about to kill you.

While you're charging I think you take neither damage, nor can you be hit with any effects.

Also, there's a passive skill unlocked between 50-60 called "Juggernaut". It reduces effects like jail, frozen and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well. me and my buddy started act 2 inferno and now we are at belial. he is barb with no dps and i am glass cannon.

problem is not belial, but trash group that needs to be killed before he gets down. Vipers are just ****ing ****iest mob in game. its cheap, not skillfull on inferno. i get one shoted by air 95% of the time...

my stats are not great, but i am 24k hp with 34k DPS. i dont bother with resists or other stuff as i get one shoted by anything anyway. the only way i can survive if i shoot first. :(

we took a break as we played half evening to get there...

Those snake things need to be changed to the following:

Can go invisible but can still be hit, Once hit lose invisibility.

It isn't fair that they can be both invisible and invulnerable to all attacks:(

Those snake things need to be changed to the following:

Can go invisible but can still be hit, Once hit lose invisibility.

It isn't fair that they can be both invisible and invulnerable to all attacks:(

as a DH i fecking hate them. When there is a lot of **** happening on the screen already, its imposible to see those feckers go near you! they hit while coming out of stealth so you dont even have time to ****. for me so far its 1 shot from everything, so i dont even bother wasting stats on resists or HP.

• Advertisement

Wow, this barb build is absolutely brutal (in a good way) against bosses.

Switched on Wrath of the berzerker, stunned Cydea with a stomp and killed her in about 10 hits, before she even had a chance to run away.

Looking forward to mangling asmodan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Interesting post by an American player here on the us forums, i don't agree with all of it, but he raises some really great points in it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5836595552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

patch 1.0.3 this week it seems. about time!

patch 1.0.3 this week it seems. about time!

Aye, Servers will be down from 4am to 12pm tomorrow to update, It will be live in the US 15 Hours before us:(

Nice! Maybe we will see some good legendaries this time!!!

I wonder howuch balance will be in act 2 and 3 now.

Nice! Maybe we will see some good legendaries this time!!!

I wonder howuch balance will be in act 2 and 3 now.

Legendaries won't be updated until 1.1 AFAIK:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Blue Bitch

Finally got hold of the game, just installed and ready to get stuck in. Beer's in the fridge and the girlfriend's away at a hen night, so it's go time.
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Does anyone have any links to useful tools for calculating how a certain item will affect your damage etc?

Just dinged 60 last night eventually (playing casually and 2 weeks holidays :)) on my Wizard, and haven't been too bothered looking at items that much (concentrating on dps and intelligence mainly), but what should I be looking for on decent lvl 60 weapons firstly?

Legendaries won't be updated until 1.1 AFAIK:(

WTF they clearly said, that they will look in to legendaries to balance them out?

• Advertisement

WTF they clearly said, that they will look in to legendaries to balance them out?

They are working on them but they won't be fixed just yet.
    Legendaries won’t change in 1.0.3, but it’s still something we’re actively working on.

Source

Edit:

Strange, But I checked the AH earlier and one of my items had a 1M bid on it, Just checked again and the bid was gone... Has this happened anyone else?

Advertisement