Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Update in legendary system was the major thing I was looking forward :(. **** it so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Patch Notes.
    Skill Rune – Nether Tentacles
    Tentacles will now only hit each target once

I am now a sad panda:(
    Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Now there is no reason to touch those objects as the drop rate for anything good was already horrendous with a load of MF gear:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not liking the sound of this patch. The nerf on Attack speed is gonna be huge, my DPS is gonna be halved by the sounds of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Not liking the sound of this patch. The nerf on Attack speed is gonna be huge, my DPS is gonna be halved by the sounds of it :(

If you ever played WoW you'd know about Blizz always moving the goal posts, spent so much time and effort gearing a character for blizz to nerf stats completely and you have to start over.
    isn't as bad here, you should only have a couple of items to change unless you got those legendary items with attack speed :(

the tenticle nerf is fecking bad, whats the point of area damage if it only can hit target once. thats just stupid. :( what do you plan to use lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wow they deleted that thread, way to take criticism blizzard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

the tenticle nerf is fecking bad, whats the point of area damage if it only can hit target once. thats just stupid. :( what do you plan to use lads?

Not entirely happy about them nerfing this without buffing something else, but the area damage, I'd have thought, only suggests that it could hit multiple foes - not multiple hits on one enemy.

Also, I only discovered 2 days ago that Smoke Screen makes you invulnerable (Lv. 60 DH, btw). I somehow got the (crazy) idea that it only made you invisible to enemies. Thanks tooltips, Jesus! I was wondering why everyone rated it so highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ah for **** sake. The game's been unplayable today and last night.

I play for about 10 minutes, get my 5 stacks of nephalem valour and it crashes.

Anyone else having any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

No. Just had 3 butcher runs, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Just got kicked off there now. Patch is being applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh, big Demon hunter nerf incoming, bye bye nether tentacles! :(

And just when i was really starting to enjoy progressing in the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay killed Diablo on nightmare on my first try! Especially pleased considering I was killed by Rakanoth around a billion times!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Will check to see how is NT doing after the patch, I've tried Frost Arrow rune earlier.. pretty good but doesnt hit as hard as NT, I should stick with either Ball Lights rune or Frost Arrow rune if they really screwed NT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Fnz wrote: »
    Not entirely happy about them nerfing this without buffing something else,

This is balancing and how Blizz do it, ultimately they get it pretty right, its just a process.

Anyone expecting the game to be perfectly balanced in the first six months are crazy. Id say longer. WoW is over 7 yrs old and still undergoing balancing.

The reason that buffs arnt required to replace, is because they arn't. AttackSpeed was imba, end off.

Going by the post on the official forums the vast majority of the people I see having a cry are

A) New to Diablo and when they hit brick walls think the game is broken
    B) Got boosted in Diablo2 and never hit brick walls

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

wow at the Nether Tentacles nerf, guess I'm switching to Ball Lightning or Lightning Bolts :(

And my attack speed has dropped from 2.42 to 1.97.. DPS from 54k to 44k (96k to 74k with sharpshooter) ,_,

Reckon I'm going to switch to a crossbow and get crit chance/crit dmg/dex everywhere and get an epic quiver with high attack speed..

Are servers back up? I just back from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I was playing very briefly this morning (around 9) just to check auction house items and move stuff from my stash. Very laggy, took a few attempts to resume the game, this seemed to be happening to everyone on the battle.net chat. I assume it has settled down by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah they are back up, dmg wise i didnt take much of a nerf, have been stacking crit dmg on most things anyway, but nether tentacles seems very **** now..

Just like a massive fat ugly piercing arrow :(

Well **** it sideways...

My dps droped from 34k to 27k and nether tentacles are nether testicles now.

Still managed to do my butcher run just with only 1 death. Repair bill for 1 death - 7k... I don't even want to know how much will it be after few deaths...

Attack speed was nerfed on items , but items did not got compensated stat instead.
    I know it's fecking balancing, but is annoying when game is based on gear, you spend millions on it and after next patch it becomes useless, because main stat got nerfed... I need so much new gear now it's not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

TheDoc wrote: »
    This is balancing and how Blizz do it, ultimately they get it pretty right, its just a process.

Perhaps I'm looking for an 'I win' class, but would have liked to see the resource cost of the DH heavy-hitters come down. As it is, it's difficult to justify the awesome-feeling Cluster Arrow, and Multishot seems to have only 1 viable rune loadout (the one that halves the resource cost).

• Advertisement

Nephalem Valour is badly implemented.

It just randomly disappears all the time when you go into certain areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

TheDoc wrote: »

Anyone expecting the game to be perfectly balanced in the first six months are crazy. Id say longer. WoW is over 7 yrs old and still undergoing balancing.

They ruined wow with their balancing though as they based it for the most part around arena pvp whiners and now every class feels more or less the same as every other class, albeit with different spells/abilities. It made the classes quiet boring.
    I'd hope they don't nerf the classes into the ground in D3 and make them all seem the same, I want to enjoy the difference between them and hope it stays that way, otherwise I cba levelling up another class once I'm finished on the Monk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Gbear wrote: »
    Nephalem Valour is badly implemented.

It just randomly disappears all the time when you go into certain areas.

It disappears when you change your skills. made the same mistake for a while before realising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So my Paypal account (that I've had for about 8 years without a problem) gets hacked today, less than a week after I attach it to my Battle.net account. Nothing serious, few transactions, caught it in time and have been onto Paypal to get it sorted.

I've changed all the passwords now, but still. Coincidence? I'd be interested to see if anyone else has had problems.

[edit] Perhaps hacked is the wrong word. Compromised is a better one. I'm partially to blame, from what I can tell, but only partially from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

BKtje wrote: »
    It disappears when you change your skills. made the same mistake for a while before realising.

It also disappears when you change Acts for some weird reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah yeah noticed that as well

It also disappears when you change Acts for some weird reason.

And sometimes after cutscenes, but seemingly not all the time.

Also, I think it's also disrupted by the guy who gives you a "blessing" in town that heals you. I think it might also remove all buffs and debuffs.
    I hope it's a case of a bit of carelessness that they'll patch at some point.

I can't see any reason for disrupting it. Sure, it makes it harder, but in a really petty and annoying way that in no way contributes to the game.

You shouldn't have to worry about accidentally doing something that makes you lose your stack of nephalem valour.

My computer's been acting the bollocks lately - lots of blue screens and crashes and other crap, but only when I'm playing D3 so I'll leave off for a while i'd say.

So what DH you use now? i am back to testicles. they are very ****, but better then nothing... i dont even know what to upgrade anymore. anything that will increase my stats small bit costing millions.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Still managed to do my butcher run just with only 1 death. Repair bill for 1 death - 7k... I don't even want to know how much will it be after few deaths...

You think that is bad? The reason they increased repair costs was to stop ress zerging elites, However melee are being forced to pay high repair costs simple because they have to tank, So even a good player who never dies could potentially spend all their gold because they are unlucky with drops. :pac:

• Advertisement

You think that is bad? The reason they increased repair costs was to stop ress zerging elites, However melee are being forced to pay high repair costs simple because they have to tank, So even a good player who never dies could potentially spend all their gold because they are unlucky with drops. :pac:

as DH all my survivability is smoke screen. If i miss click or just **** up timing - 7k pop. we did few runs with my friend, who is pure barb tank and few times i had 25k repair bills just because i had some ****y groups who would wall me in or mortar me to ****.
    they needed to do some penalty for death and this looks like a good start, though i am considering to go and finish off leveling my barb now as DH is just fecking annoying. i already got good ammy rind legendaries for him and stromshield legendary too.

Advertisement