Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So my Paypal account (that I've had for about 8 years without a problem) gets hacked today, less than a week after I attach it to my Battle.net account. Nothing serious, few transactions, caught it in time and have been onto Paypal to get it sorted.

I've changed all the passwords now, but still. Coincidence? I'd be interested to see if anyone else has had problems.

[edit] Perhaps hacked is the wrong word. Compromised is a better one. I'm partially to blame, from what I can tell, but only partially from what I can tell.

I got hacked before the RMAH was released and they took all my gold off my char. Changed all passwords and got an authenticator to boot. I was planning to link my paypal to my Diablo account and sell some items but it seems way to risky. Kinda glad i got hacked before i linked it rather than after :D There has been loads of hearsay about how people are getting hacked, keyloggers on Diablo wiki sites, session spoofing from public games, nobody really knows to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Went on a few farming runs in act 1/2 with 280 mf without nv buff and got loads of greens..... All crap! Low level loot now drops and I was getting lvl 55 weapons, looted about 40 blues/yellows and not one piece was decent and 1 was only ilvl63. So they buffed the quantity and nerfed the quality, farming is much more boring now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So my Paypal account (that I've had for about 8 years without a problem) gets hacked today, less than a week after I attach it to my Battle.net account. Nothing serious, few transactions, caught it in time and have been onto Paypal to get it sorted.

I've changed all the passwords now, but still. Coincidence? I'd be interested to see if anyone else has had problems.

[edit] Perhaps hacked is the wrong word. Compromised is a better one. I'm partially to blame, from what I can tell, but only partially from what I can tell.
    I got hacked before the RMAH was released and they took all my gold off my char. Changed all passwords and got an authenticator to boot. I was planning to link my paypal to my Diablo account and sell some items but it seems way to risky. Kinda glad i got hacked before i linked it rather than after :D There has been loads of hearsay about how people are getting hacked, keyloggers on Diablo wiki sites, session spoofing from public games, nobody really knows to be honest

Did you guys use the same email/password for battlenet and paypal ? Also were you registered with those details to a Diablo fansite, as I hear that are compromised easily and details are used to try on other sites of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So the attack speed nerf has brought my DPS down from 26k to 16k. /sighface

Also it's dropped my survivability by a tonne due to my attack speed not proccing my life on hit fast enough on elite packs anymore. /double sighface

Can still farm act3 but it takes alot longer now. :(

Thinking about selling my gear, reckon I could get around €400 for the lot judging by the current crazy prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

CombatCow wrote: »
    Did you guys use the same email/password for battlenet and paypal ? Also were you registered with those details to a Diablo fansite, as I hear that are compromised easily and details are used to try on other sites of value.

The former was what did it for me. It was stupid of me, lesson learned. And all changed now.

I wasn't registered on any fansites though. I'd be curious as to how the Battle.net credentials were compromised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18532670

Someone just finished inferno on hardcore

D wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18532670

Someone just finished inferno on hardcore

He exploited alot to get that kill. The actual Diablo kill is legit despite his teammate the Wizard chain casting Hydra to instantly get to full health. But the biggest exploit he did was when playing solo and he felt death was imminent he would pause the game and log into his account on his laptop instantly kicking his character from the game. Otherwise it would have taken him much longer re-leveling dead characters. Plus the fact he got massive donations of gold and items from his stream viewers makes it a cheap kill.
    CombatCow wrote: »

No, and my Paypal account wasn't compromised. More curious about how to got my Battle.net details.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

He exploited alot to get that kill. The actual Diablo kill is legit despite his teammate the Wizard chain casting Hydra to instantly get to full health. But the biggest exploit he did was when playing solo and he felt death was imminent he would pause the game and log into his account on his laptop instantly kicking his character from the game. Otherwise it would have taken him much longer re-leveling dead characters. Plus the fact he got massive donations of gold and items from his stream viewers makes it a cheap kill.

Theres always someone who has to give out..

Well if Blizzard say he got the achivment then they obv dont see any problem with this..?
    But the biggest exploit he did was when playing solo and he felt death was imminent he would pause the game and log into his account on his laptop instantly kicking his character from the game

Thats an exploit? Thats ****ing genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Akarinn wrote: »
    Theres always someone who has to give out..

Well if Blizzard say he got the achivment then they obv dont see any problem with this..?

Well technically you're right it's not an exploit but it is very very cheap. Why play hardcore if you are going to cheat each death, it defeats the entire purpose of it.

I would still say fair dues to him as it's no easy feat but it's a cheap world first whatever way you look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

But the biggest exploit he did was when playing solo and he felt death was imminent he would pause the game and log into his account on his laptop instantly kicking his character from the game.

and blizz removed that ability in the patch 1.0.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

pfft, thats shite

at least the mage armour melarky was game/ability mechanics, this is just shameless exploit through and through

certainly wouldnt call it genious - same shit is pulled on numerous other online games

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

He didn't do this alone, there was two guys who did this similary named.

And they also didn't use any exploits, I was watching his stream alot. He even had a very frank discussion with Athene who was asking him about exploits and the ones he said he used weren't even exploits. I might be open to correction, but I watched their group go through most of Act 2-4 and didn't see them do it once...

It should also be noted , As Bashiok stated on his Twitter, they were not the first to receive the actual achievement, they were however the first to gain it legitimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Fair play... i still wouldn't REALLY consider it a proper world first tho. He defo did it the easy way tho, like athene did/does with any world first he goes for. Them big streamers get a LOT of help from fanboys, would have taken him much longer if he was doing it truly solo (Like kungen). Still, he deserves props.. i've not even tried hardcore mode !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

So I managed to get into Inferno with my Monk. Tried it a bit, and every blue/yellow group bar 1 has killed me in under 5 secs.

Now I realise I need better gear, but what should I am for and where should I farm it? Should I go back to Hell and farm Act 4?

Is there anyone that has the RMAH setup to work with paypal ?

I've about £120 on my battlenet account that apparently i can't use for **** all but diablo items and digital copies of games. So just looking for someone who can buy some digital CD keys (Some wow **** or some steam gifts) for maybe 70-80 quids worth(And i'll buy something from you for 120). It'll be a quick 20-30euro i guess.

Drop me a PM anyway, if your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Anyone wrote: »
    So I managed to get into Inferno with my Monk. Tried it a bit, and every blue/yellow group bar 1 has killed me in under 5 secs.

Now I realise I need better gear, but what should I am for and where should I farm it? Should I go back to Hell and farm Act 4?

Get some Life on Hit. Then more Life on Hit, and then throw in some more Life on Hit. Then get your resists to 400 at least, and armor at a minimum of 5000. Then add in some more Life on Hit. Then team up with another player that can actually dish out damage as monks have crappy damage since they have to give up some damage abilities to go full defensive.

Finally, add in lots of prayers and hope you don't get lots of elites/champions with crappy affixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Magill wrote: »
    Is there anyone that has the RMAH setup to work with paypal ?

I've about £120 on my battlenet account that apparently i can't use for **** all but diablo items and digital copies of games. So just looking for someone who can buy some digital CD keys (Some wow **** or some steam gifts) for maybe 70-80 quids worth(And i'll buy something from you for 120). It'll be a quick 20-30euro i guess.

Drop me a PM anyway, if your interest.

Don't think I can as you have £ rather than € but Steam should be having its summer sale in a few days so if you were to wait until then you should be able to get more games.

Don't think I can as you have £ rather than € but Steam should be having its summer sale in a few days so if you were to wait until then you should be able to get more games.

Ahhh good point. I'd imagine the UK and EU server is all one tho, could be wrong.

EDIT... i am wrong... that sucks !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Get some Life on Hit. Then more Life on Hit, and then throw in some more Life on Hit. Then get your resists to 400 at least, and armor at a minimum of 5000. Then add in some more Life on Hit. Then team up with another player that can actually dish out damage as monks have crappy damage since they have to give up some damage abilities to go full defensive.

Finally, add in lots of prayers and hope you don't get lots of elites/champions with crappy affixes.

Yes, I know the basic stats to aim for, but getting it is another matter. Farm items, or farm gold? If so where? Go back to Hell Act 4? or try to muddle through Act 1 Inferno.

I redid my build, gone more defensive and managed to get a few packs down. Some still kill me, and ones in dungeons are really tough because I cant kite them.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I have targets to aim for.

Finally got a set piece, Inna's blessing. No idea where I picked it up.. Do they appear as the same colour as rares as I almost vendored it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

damn it, after patch i barely can do butcher runs with my DH :(. leveling my baba, 51 so far woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What way does the colour grading go in terms of items?

I think its a monk item? Any monks want to judge how valuable it is? There is only 1 more as good as it on the GAH for 26.5M...:D

DEpfA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Magill wrote: »
    Fair play... i still wouldn't REALLY consider it a proper world first tho. He defo did it the easy way tho, like athene did/does with any world first he goes for. Them big streamers get a LOT of help from fanboys, would have taken him much longer if he was doing it truly solo (Like kungen). Still, he deserves props.. i've not even tried hardcore mode !

They did it pretty much together, with some minor help.

Kungen for example, gets alot more help then these two guys do/did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I don't own Diablo, but in hardcore mode if you die your character is gone? Really?

I would never even attempt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Still getting my ass kicked by trash mobs in Act II, while the difficulty may have been reduced the attack speed nerf has raised the difficulty back to the same level before the patch :confused: Guess i'll continue to farm act 1 :rolleyes:

TheDoc wrote: »

I meant as in, he DID get ALOT of help from streamers in terms of donations/gear. It would have taken him a hell of a lot longer to get the gear he has without that help.

TheDoc wrote: »

He and his friend did the actual kill together yes, but the fact that he cheated death more than once with the exploit while he was playing solo (Farming or otherwise) stains the achievement in my opinion. I saw twice on his stream when he would use the exploit. He would cut the stream and go offline, meanwhile the stream chat would be going crazy saying he was dead, then he would go live again and be on the character selection stream. He said he would only use this exploit if he was getting major lag and had a possible DC, but both times i saw him use it was in some very sticky situations.

But fair play to him, hes doing better than me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Akarinn wrote: »

It's part of a trainer doing the rounds also. Rather than just an ALT F4 to force the game to quit, which can still mean your character is logged in as far as the server is aware, the exploit that was used by this guy and by the trainer - logs into the game twice and instant boots you.

It's an exploit/cheat. Makes his achievement worthless imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

I think its a monk item? Any monks want to judge how valuable it is? There is only 1 more as good as it on the GAH for 26.5M...:D

Low Dex on it, the all Resistance is ok though. Rest of the stats are meh :(
    You'd get better from a blue to be honest with you, so I'd just throw it up for someone wanting to complete their set piece bonus cheaply.
    Don't vendor it or anything, just keep putting it up, it's green regardless of the stats, it will still sell but just won't sell high.

Advertisement