Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Anyone wrote: »
    Yes, I know the basic stats to aim for, but getting it is another matter. Farm items, or farm gold? If so where? Go back to Hell Act 4? or try to muddle through Act 1 Inferno.

I redid my build, gone more defensive and managed to get a few packs down. Some still kill me, and ones in dungeons are really tough because I cant kite them.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I have targets to aim for.

Today I got my DH up to 1200 Life on Hit for less than 800k on AH (600k of that was for an amulet). I can now stand still and tank 90% of the elite/champion packs in Act 1 Inferno. Monks can take a hell of a lot more damage.

Even with basic gear you should be able to get through Act 1 with little difficulty and just farm money/items as you progress. Halls of Agony/Butcher runs are easy and decent ways to make gold. You should be able to farm 800k of gold in a day or two...or three. If having problems, group with others.

For skills I went with:
    Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
    Serenity - Peaceful Repose
    Mantra of Healing - Time of need
    Mystic Ally - Earth Ally (recast to taunt 1 mob...1 less elite hitting you)

LMB : Deadly Reach -Keen Eye if you have no/low LoH or Fist of Thunder - Lightning Flash if you have good LoH.

RMB: Blinding Flash - Searing Light.

Lots of healing/defensive abilities & LoH recovers lost life when something does hit you.

Use a 1h + Shield for extra armor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

if anyone's interested, every now and then I do a semi full run / farm of nearly all elites in act 1. usually takes 25-30 mins.
    rofl stomp them.

more than welcome to jump in. end up with a lot of junk, but earlier today I found a pretty sweet shoulders with 80 all res / 38 fire res, 240 life regen and 135 vit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi all,

I'm opening up my mumble server for more public use. The server can hold up to 10k users so figure I best put it to some use.

To gain access and auth to the server, simply mail mumblecommunity@gmail.com with the following

Desired Nick :
    Desired Contact email :

Your contact e-mail will only be used when sending out server related notifications like maintenance, downtime and terms of use.

An opportunity for guys to band together and play some games,farm or simply hang out and chat. Absolutely no cost or catches either, I just want use of the server.

Cheers,
    Doc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Today I got my DH up to 1200 Life on Hit for less than 800k on AH (600k of that was for an amulet). I can now stand still and tank 90% of the elite/champion packs in Act 1 Inferno. Monks can take a hell of a lot more damage.

Even with basic gear you should be able to get through Act 1 with little difficulty and just farm money/items as you progress. Halls of Agony/Butcher runs are easy and decent ways to make gold. You should be able to farm 800k of gold in a day or two...or three. If having problems, group with others.

For skills I went with:
    Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
    Serenity - Peaceful Repose
    Mantra of Healing - Time of need
    Mystic Ally - Earth Ally (recast to taunt 1 mob...1 less elite hitting you)

LMB : Deadly Reach -Keen Eye if you have no/low LoH or Fist of Thunder - Lightning Flash if you have good LoH.

RMB: Blinding Flash - Searing Light.

Lots of healing/defensive abilities & LoH recovers lost life when something does hit you.

Use a 1h + Shield for extra armor.

Rabbit just incase you want to give it a try i've been experimenting with a new build post patch and it works great due to the reduced mob damage in the later acts.

My biggest problem was DPS so I tried out a few things to try boost it while maintaining as much survivability as possible and found a very solid build that I can solo Act3/4 with now including all bosses.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aTgijh!ZXU!aYYZba

Serenity / FoT / Mantra no need for explanation.

Sweeping Wind, I have found this to be fantastic in Act3 and 4 where you are constantly fighting hordes of mobs. The AoE damage is really nice and it's relatively easy to keep up with the FoT teleport. It's really good sustained single target DPS for bosses also and will give the biggest overall boost to DPS. It also procs resolve so basically everything around you will be doing 25% less damage even when kiting.

Mystic Aly - I swapped out the Earth Aly as again mob damage reduction means Earth might not be necessary anymore and Airs own sweeping wind AoE stacks great with yours plus the 100 spirit chance on hit can be a livesaver. I would say though depending on gear Earth might be better but try it out.

Seven-Sided Strike - I've recently found out this is without a doubt the most underrated skill Monks have. The obvious is it's single target DPS is absolutely huge especially on bosses but what's overlooked is that it is basically another 3 second Invulnerability. It can be used to get out of molten / plagued and to dodge arcane beams and frozen but more importantly it can even be used when frozen or jailed to get out of it. Combined with Serenity you have 2 escapes and it really makes things easier for those annoying Elite packs. So overall great burst DPS and another invul / save tool. Also it procs life on hit so overall it can actually heal for around the same amount and more than BoH.

Obviously for this build you need to drop BoH and Blind but to be honest I found myself rarely using BoH anymore with good life on hit and also with SSS procing LoH it's an easy swap for me.

Blind I wasn't too happy about dropping but the DPS gain of sweeping wind is just too good to turn down when solo and the resolve stack works wonders.

Again it's all situational but give it a try, one thing to note is that it is of course more spirit intense than the original build so decent IaS or spirit regen might be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

CombatCow wrote: »
    Still getting my ass kicked by trash mobs in Act II, while the difficulty may have been reduced the attack speed nerf has raised the difficulty back to the same level before the patch :confused: Guess i'll continue to farm act 1 :rolleyes:

Had managed to get as far as the scorched sands pre patch (with a lot of res zerging of elites). Did it again the last couple of days with no major problems anymore (think there was one pack I decided to avoid after they stomped me a few times. Fast, Extra health, jailer, Mortar just argh for me).

I only lost about 3k dps due to IAS nerf so wasn't too badly affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nooooooooooo, i just died at level 56 on my Hardcore Monk. Was a pack of those Whirlwind guys in Act 2 with Desecrator, Nightmare and Arcane. Was fine till they managed to pin me to a wall after fearing me and i couldnt move. That will teach me to not use knockback/Whirling Staff thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Did they make Belial impossible to kill after recent patch? At the end of act2 now and he enrages too quickly. Can't get to act3. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

My computer's stopped being broken so I finished hell and had a bash off Inferno act 1.

Got mangled by my first elite mob.
    Other than the odd Fallen Angel elites with particularly nasty combos Act IV hell was a walkover. Huge jump between the two acts.

I'll probably need 2 rings, an amulet, a belt and a new shield, all of which give bonus to all resists, life on hit where applicable and lots of extra vitality.
    Going to get bloody expensive and I've only 600k in the bank. :(

Several hours of farming act IV runs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Gbear wrote: »
    My computer's stopped being broken so I finished hell and had a bash off Inferno act 1.

Got mangled by my first elite mob.
    Other than the odd Fallen Angel elites with particularly nasty combos Act IV hell was a walkover. Huge jump between the two acts.

I'll probably need 2 rings, an amulet, a belt and a new shield, all of which give bonus to all resists, life on hit where applicable and lots of extra vitality.
    Going to get bloody expensive and I've only 600k in the bank. :(

Several hours of farming act IV runs?

Public Act 1 Inferno games..play with others until you have the gear to solo.

• Advertisement

Funny how this game works. Have had Act 3 and 4 on farm for the last 2 weeks now but I help a friend run through Act2 last night and I get a set of gloves that sell for 20 million, by far my best find.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Did they make Belial impossible to kill after recent patch? At the end of act2 now and he enrages too quickly. Can't get to act3. Hmmm.

Kind of. The Attack speed nerf coupled with the much faster enrage timers means only the best geared can do alot of the bosses. They said they will probably tweak it some more.

Public Act 1 Inferno games..play with others until you have the gear to solo.

Meh... idea doesn't appeal to me much.

Wasn't there some suggestion that public games were responsible for some of the hacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Wasn't there some suggestion that public games were responsible for some of the hacks?

Was rumours of that but nothing was proven, All the hacks came from a stockpile of user login details that were obtained over a period of time from fan sites and key loggers obtained from fan sites that hackers sat on until D3 launched.

Absolute rubbish rumours. Scaremongering from non-techies who are guessing as to how their accounts got hacked. Keyloggers, dodgy websites, poor passwords and shared ID's/Passwords are mostly to blame. Once you have an authenticator you are pretty safe. But you should change your password as soon as you attach the authenticator. Anyone logging into your account from a different IP address will be prompted for the authenticator key. Hard to beat that unless you figure out the algorithm used by the authenticators.

If you don't like playing public games, and you can't solo act 1 Inferno, then you have no choice but to go back to Hell.

The standard of public play on Inferno is pretty bad. I got a group of 3 from act3 all the way to Diablo the other night and it was their first kill so they were all delighted, lots of thanks and friend adds etc. One of them, the DH, I swear every-time i'm online he joins my games when i'm farming and all he does is run around dying constantly. He must have ALOT of gold for repairs as he dies literally about 4 or 5 times per elite pack. I wouldn't mind but I keep them grouped pretty well he just seems to run into frozen / mortar / arcane etc. constantly.

It's kind of funny and he's a nice guy so I don't have the heart to de-friend him but it's getting annoying he's just slowing me down making the mobs harder!!!

On a seperate note the gold AH has been completely ruined since the release of the RMAH (Intentional by blizzard :mad:) but prices have literally gone up 5x+.

Gear that would have cost 500k pre RMAH is now selling for 5 million etc. I was hoping to avoid the RMAH as the prices are laughable and probably will be for some time but Blizzards tactics have been a disgrace so far and it's very off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

did they silently buffed up DH?

i just changed few things in my gear and passive, but i can easily do butcher runs again.
    in fact my first set item droped: tal rashas chest. that chest looks way better for babas with 650 armor and 60 all resists... i might use it on my barb untill i get something nicer.

i just changed few things in my gear and passive, but i can easily do butcher runs again.
    I think that's what done it ;)

Absolute rubbish rumours. Scaremongering from non-techies who are guessing as to how their accounts got hacked. Keyloggers, dodgy websites, poor passwords and shared ID's/Passwords are mostly to blame. Once you have an authenticator you are pretty safe. But you should change your password as soon as you attach the authenticator. Anyone logging into your account from a different IP address will be prompted for the authenticator key. Hard to beat that unless you figure out the algorithm used by the authenticators.

Or presumably just having one password that you only ever use when logging into blizzard.
    If you don't like playing public games, and you can't solo act 1 Inferno, then you have no choice but to go back to Hell.

Well **** you too! :pac:

I think i'll just do act IV runs. It's a fun act anyway.
    Playing with randomers isn't terribly appealing to me.

BKtje wrote: »
    I think that's what done it ;)

thing is those were not major changes i did to my gear or talents!

my dps still droped from 34k to 27k and i dont use nether testicles anymore too!

• Advertisement

My luck must be changing. Solo'ing Act 1 yesterday with my DH and I got 2 legendary drops + 1 set item. All in the space of 3 Butcher runs! Can't remember the names of the legendary items, but the set item was the Immortal Kings helm (L60 Barb item).

Having lots of MF (before Valor buff) really helps.

I'm also up to 1450 LoH with attack speed of 1.82. That plus Life per second means I can recover 2800 HP per second. I think Act 2 should be doable now.

thing is those were not major changes i did to my gear or talents!

my dps still droped from 34k to 27k and i dont use nether testicles anymore too!

I haven't noticed any stealth buffs since the patch. I changed my talents pre patch to up my survivability and since the patch I lost some dps but since the mobs are a hell of a lot easier it's overall much easier. About to go in for a session now so will see if I notice anything. I imagine though that you've just improved at the game so it seems easier :)

My luck must be changing. Solo'ing Act 1 yesterday with my DH and I got 2 legendary drops + 1 set item. All in the space of 3 Butcher runs! Can't remember the names of the legendary items, but the set item was the Immortal Kings helm (L60 Barb item).

Having lots of MF (before Valor buff) really helps.

I'm also up to 1450 LoH with attack speed of 1.82. That plus Life per second means I can recover 2800 HP per second. I think Act 2 should be doable now.

That's very nice LoH and attack speed mate, that's enough for Act3/4 no joke, you won't need to go any higher than that i'm really surprised you can't do Act2. What's your Armour / Resists like now?

Big Knox wrote: »
    That's very nice LoH and attack speed mate, that's enough for Act3/4 no joke, you won't need to go any higher than that i'm really surprised you can't do Act2. What's your Armour / Resists like now?

Oh it was my monk having problems with Act 2. My DH is soo much stronger (about 6 times more damage and decent resists/armor). I just haven't tried Act 2/3 with DH yet.

I've roughly about 300-350 resists for all, and 3700 armor without Enchantress buff.

Monk has about 600 resists and 5700 armor I think....oh and about 30k more HP than DH.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

I'm looking for people who want to play with me, as I am a DH it helps me a lot to have someone else and I find quite boring to play on my own, so feel free to add me in game!

robertowjr#2116

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Mod's can move this if I'm not allowed but..

I have kind of grown bored of diablo and I'm looking to pick up ARMA for the dayz mod.

If anyone wants to buy an account off me including the retail box and all that send me a pm.

I can switch the account over to your email and all that. So its handy if you don't have a battle.net account.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

If you read fine print then you would know that you don't own account, just rent it. You can't sell it legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Tried a bit of public/random multiplayer yesterday. Some good fun, but bit annoying when people just leave.

Managed to kill the Skeleton King on Inferno with a group anyway, was 3 of us, well 2 really, as one of the DH's was dead/ressed/dead/ressed/dead.

Had another, I just hit Act 1, joined, and clicked on a banner without looking, ended up in Wimsyshire Inferno, where I got 1 shotted my a white mob! I lol'd, explained I shouldnt be here and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Is there a way to change your home region for autopatching? My client autopatched this morning when the american servers where going through maintenance, now when I start the client and try to connect to the euro servers it tries to restart the client and patch.. Pretty annoying when I just want to play with euro's and euro maintenance isn't for quite awehile more.. Checked on battle.net and my region is set to Global.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

possibly a noob question here but when my items dont sell on the auction house they get stored in 'completed items' list. is there anyway of trying to resell those or do i have to put them back in my stash and re auction them again, is there no short cut around it as my stash is almost full anyway.thanks

Advertisement