Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    possibly a noob question here but when my items dont sell on the auction house they get stored in 'completed items' list. is there anyway of trying to resell those or do i have to put them back in my stash and re auction them again, is there no short cut around it as my stash is almost full anyway.thanks

No it has to go back to your Stash before you can re-list it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Big Knox wrote: »
    No it has to go back to your Stash before you can re-list it unfortunately.

And you have to try remember how much you had them listed for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i-kQPnpgp-X3.jpg

So i've kind of being wondering this. Has anyone spent any money on the RMAH yet? Like serious money, €50+? Come on own up so we can make fun (and be jealous) of your wealth!! :p

I've sold some items on it and just have the funds sitting in the account at the moment but I can't justify using it. I've been sticking to the Gold AH for now but prices on it are just insane.

OSI wrote: »
    I've just stuck to the Gold AH for now. The hassle of the RMAH doesn't seem worth it, and I don't have the energy or patience to farm the game to make it worth my while.

I also think it's a tad shit that they charge a transaction fee on Gold Auction House sales. What the hell is the excuse for that?

It's basically a dump to help take some gold out of circulation. As it's essentially an endless commodity the longer the game is out the more worthless gold starts to become as more and more comes into circulation and the economy takes a hit as a result.

It is rather harsh however to see 1 million of a 10 million sale disappear into nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I love how my DH is getting back up from her knees. ( yup, she sucked a lot after patch )
    I can farm very easy act 1 butcher. I can even kill invulnerable elites.
    I am still poor as ****, only 6mil with few legendaries in bank, but I am happy enough with my DHs gear now. 151 mf amd still good at surviving.
    I switched from attack speed to increased crit strike dage amd it works damn well!

Well I love how my DH is getting back up from her knees. ( yup, she sucked a lot after patch )
    I can farm very easy act 1 butcher. I can even kill invulnerable elites.
    I am still poor as ****, only 6mil with few legendaries in bank, but I am happy enough with my DHs gear now. 151 mf amd still good at surviving.
    I switched from attack speed to increased crit strike dage amd it works damn well!

Shadow how are you still stuck in Act1 mate? Take the stabilisers off and get going with Act2+ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

This might be of interest to a few people

Goes to show that you don't need 50 million to progress in Inferno.
    The guy buys a complete set of gear for < 500k.

Shadow how are you still stuck in Act1 mate? Take the stabilisers off and get going with Act2+ :p

Dunno m8. I did cleared up to belial, but I never even tried him solo. Just sticked farming now and then butcher and levelling my barbarian. Somehow I don't play as much as I would like to. :(
    But I do get a hint, I need to get finger out :D. My DH should be back up after a nerf, so I should give belial a go. Who knows, I might kill him, but I really hated that fight...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

So i've kind of being wondering this. Has anyone spent any money on the RMAH yet? Like serious money, €50+? Come on own up so we can make fun (and be jealous) of your wealth!! :p

I've sold some items on it and just have the funds sitting in the account at the moment but I can't justify using it. I've been sticking to the Gold AH for now but prices on it are just insane.

I couldn't justify spending anything like that on the RMAH. I'm delighted people do though as there's a bid of €90 on a ring I put up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Caliden wrote: »

That seems a bit mental. Is there far better value on the US servers?

That seems to bear no resemblance to what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ktulu123 wrote: »

I couldn't justify spending anything like that on the RMAH. I'm delighted people do though as there's a bid of €90 on a ring I put up :)

What kind of stats are on the ring, what was your starting price if you don't mind me asking

Gbear wrote: »
    That seems a bit mental. Is there far better value on the US servers?

That seems to bear no resemblance to what I've seen.

It's pretty spot on actually. You could easily do it, I geared a new barb friend who just dinged 60 with 1 million gold and he could immediatly tank in Act3 with me. His DPS was extremely poor but the gear set allowed him to farm act1 easily and group play act2+

Defensive gear is quite cheap, stack resists to 700+ and with decent armour and a shield and you can do act1 + 2 without much of an issue.

well diablo is a fecking wonderfull place :D

i was cba soloing it as DH so i went for public game. got in to game with 3 people already clearing path to belial. i only realised on last pack that our tank was a DH.... :eek:
    so on first try on belial we wipe and baba nerd rage quits - wow player 100%
    then on second try we get belial half way hp on phase 3 and wizzard starts to moan that its imposible and too hard... :rolleyes:
    wipe 3 and wizzards start moaning even more on how **** this game is and how way to hard it is ... :rolleyes: wow player number 2!
    i just pmed that DH and told him that we can do it together, lets just "run" from here! so we did our own party and we killed belial from second try! :D

thats was really awesome! a TANK DH and a Glass cannon DH ( me ) killing belial so easy! :D great fella! finally a good addition to my friend list! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Akvavit

Great find - makes me thinking about doing something similar...

well diablo is a fecking wonderfull place :D

i was cba soloing it as DH so i went for public game. got in to game with 3 people already clearing path to belial. i only realised on last pack that our tank was a DH.... :eek:
    so on first try on belial we wipe and baba nerd rage quits - wow player 100%
    then on second try we get belial half way hp on phase 3 and wizzard starts to moan that its imposible and too hard... :rolleyes:
    wipe 3 and wizzards start moaning even more on how **** this game is and how way to hard it is ... :rolleyes: wow player number 2!
    i just pmed that DH and told him that we can do it together, lets just "run" from here! so we did our own party and we killed belial from second try! :D

thats was really awesome! a TANK DH and a Glass cannon DH ( me ) killing belial so easy! :D great fella! finally a good addition to my friend list! :D

Yeah...DH can actually tank quite well...fast attack + LoH + good resists/armor and you got a pretty good tank. I have good resists and armor, so just tank most things in Act 1, and even some trash mobs in Act 2. I don't like being 1 shotted by that random mob I didn't see :D

For any DH's...may I suggest trying this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fSYjVX!YeT!bcaZbZ

Very hard for most mobs to hit you, and the build has great damage output. Those traps are lethal if placed right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I would also suggest getting your base crit % up to around 40, Get a decent Cold damage weapon and swap in cull of the weak in place of sharpshooter, Increases your base damage by 15% and seriously helps with crowd control.

Follow on from the <500k challenge comes the <200k challenge for Act 2 inferno

He skips a few packs here (2/3) but clears the rest (20+)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

:confused:

I just cleared Skeleton King on Inferno.

I was getting utterly mangled a few days ago and as far as I can tell, the only difference was swapping the debuff reducing passive Juggernaut with Nerves of steel bringing my armour from about 6k to about 7k.
    Oh, and a weapon with slightly higher dps and attack speed.

I only died twice during the entire run up until the Skeleton King and one of those was againt 4 jailer, waller, desecrator, arcane enchanted Skeletons.

Must've just been at a tipping point of being able to tank enough to stay alive.

• Advertisement

This is great, When is the EU update happening?

Items

The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:

The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

Hell – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%
    iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%
    iLvl 63: 0% (no change)

Inferno – Act I

iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%
    iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%
    iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%

Inferno – Act II

iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
    iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
    iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%

Inferno – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
    iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%
    iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%

Bosses

Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

For any DH's...may I suggest trying this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fSYjVX!YeT!bcaZbZ

Very hard for most mobs to hit you, and the build has great damage output. Those traps are lethal if placed right.

That's quite expensive from a discipline standpoint. :eek:

Also the heavy hitting damage dealer takes 1.2 seconds to arm - does that not screw you when you happen upon fast mobs?

This is great, When is the EU update happening?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/

This has been in place since 1.0.3 although they screwed up the drop rates for Act3 + 4.

Act1 + 2 now have all tiers of gear dropping though. Act1 farming is actually quite good now considering how fast you can clear it!!

This has been in place since 1.0.3 although they screwed up the drop rates for Act3 + 4.

Act1 + 2 now have all tiers of gear dropping though. Act1 farming is actually quite good now considering how fast you can clear it!!

Does this not bump up the percentages again? It's dated 28th June.

Fnz wrote: »
    Does this not bump up the percentages again? It's dated 28th June.

Yeah they're new patch notes.
    Patch 1.0.3b I think

This one now increases the chances even more, For example:

Act 1 Inferno

iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%

It increased from 0% to 2.0% in 1.0.3(The latest patch) and now will increase to 4.8%(The upcoming hot fix).
    Yeah they're new patch notes.
    Patch 1.0.3b I think

Nope, It is a hot fix as patch 1.0.3b was delayed and they decided to release these updates as hotfixes instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've a level 40 monk and a 51 DH, not seen a single legendary drop or set item. Good luck!

I've a level 40 monk and a 51 DH, not seen a single legendary drop or set item. Good luck!

That's about a combined total of 15 hours play, do you think you should have seen one by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That's about a combined total of 15 hours play, do you think you should have seen one by now?

More like 60 for me. I'm painfully slow!

• Advertisement

110 hours playtime. No legendary drops. :D

Not too bothered as seem they seem, for the most part, unworthy of that descriptor.

Advertisement