Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This is great, When is the EU update happening?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/

It's a hotfix...already live.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Digitally bought, downloaded and installed D3 today... Completed it on Normal... Today... Yep, sat the hell down for one serious D3 session.

As an avid player of D1 & D2 I knew the drill... I didn't buy the game for a long lasting story, I bought it to crawl through dungeons like a slag, unlocking all the difficulties so I can farm the f0ck out of Hell+

So, my level 31 Witch Doctor is now ready for a Nightmare playthrough but after that blitz of a session I need a sleep ;)

Beta proved WDoctor would be my favourite and the full game has only enhanced it further... I love everything about them, from the ridiculous AoE damage to the stupidly annoying sound of my character screaming anytime she throws exploding toads, or that one grunty sound my Gargantuan Giant follower makes which always makes me laugh for some stupid reason.

Lot of fun - Curious to see how long it takes before I find my first item higher quality than rare - Also got to figure out what it takes to unlock the higher levels of Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting, I'm going to hazard a guess those items I need to unlock the next ranks are drops... I certainly hope so...

It's a shame that WD sucks in Inferno. Can't remember the last time I seen one in a public game. Pets are useless from L55 onwards. Dogs die in..oh, 2-3 seconds.

Fnz wrote: »
    110 hours playtime. No legendary drops. :D

Not too bothered as seem they seem, for the most part, unworthy of that descriptor.
    Yup..you are not missing much for the most part. I've had 9 drop so far (I have 4 L60's and played a lot). Got a good quiver that I use and String of Ears dropped today which is worth 1-2 million. The rest had worse stats that some blues.

That's quite expensive from a discipline standpoint. :eek:

Also the heavy hitting damage dealer takes 1.2 seconds to arm - does that not screw you when you happen upon fast mobs?

Wow...that's odd. The link shows a different build now than when I posted it. That was just a test build.

Anyway...this is what I've been testing today:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WSYjVX!YeT!bcaZbZ

Could easily replace Marked for Death with another Hatred spender...fan of knives or something.

Could be a little heavy on discipline I suppose...But I rarely need Smoke Screen, and only use Marked for Death on tough mobs. Caltrops + Traps is my bread and butter (you can plant traps sideways so mobs run over all 3...crazy damage. 80% slow from Caltrops gives time for traps to arm, or I just drop them at my location and mobs run into them.

Most mobs attack in groups. They trigger all 3 traps at once usually and the 3-trap blast radius = dead group. I kill 95% of all mobs like this. 1 hit kills mostly.

For elites...slow, trap, kite, slow trap kite etc. Most go down with considerable ease. Only fast/invulnerable ones can be a pain..but that's the same for all builds I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

It's a hotfix...already live.

You sure? I did a butcher run earlier and it only dropped 1 rare, It states on the link they increased its base drop rate to 2 rares with 5 stacks of nv:/

Anyone have any advice on how I could help my colour blindness? I can't tell the difference between set items(green) and rares(yellow) even when dropped beside each other and examined closely..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You guys still playing this....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

:)

Been enjoying farming Inferno with my Wizard. Was playing other characters just trying to get a few to 60, but have to say read an informative post on Diablo3fans that basically outlined how to farm effectively and its been really enjoyable to do with the lads ( and some users who have been on the public mumble) and has been pretty profitable.

Yesterday in 2 hours Act 1 farming I got a legendary belt, legendary gloves and a legendary set belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Yes and its great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Damn you Doc! I keep finding ****ty weapons and never more than one a day if even...

I did find the legendary witch doc head though last drop, but it rolled weak stats :(

I have my DH at 128kdps, finely tuned, but a new bow is gonna cost me over 50mil its such a long grind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

128k dps? What's your name in diablo? I want to add you so I can have a look at your items and spec. I am barely above 30k without sharpshooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »
    Damn you Doc! I keep finding ****ty weapons and never more than one a day if even...

I did find the legendary witch doc head though last drop, but it rolled weak stats :(

I have my DH at 128kdps, finely tuned, but a new bow is gonna cost me over 50mil its such a long grind :(

My wizard is about 19k DPS, 30k+HP and resilinces are over 600 I think

To be fair not had a bother flying through Act1, which seems to be pretty much the best farming Act, Act3 has potential once resolved. I believe there is an issue with loot not dropping.

I think in total Act 1 total clear is taking me 30-40 mins tops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Aye i can fly through act1, farmed it for weeks, bored of it, i wizz through it too in my MF gear which gives me 70k dps and like near 300MF with buff and i find feck all, alot of rares but **** ones.

I had been playing act2 which im finding gives a more consistent amount of lvl 62+ rares than act1, but i wouldnt do that in my MF gear, die in a hit or two..

Oh and the 128k dps is with SS, no point including dmg without it, as i play with it ;)

nix wrote: »
    Oh and the 128k dps is with SS, no point including dmg without it, as i play with it ;)

Maximum damage in a single shot != overall dps

The in game number is seriously flawed, It fails to take into account the massive drop in dps the moment you crit due to SS resetting, Which can(If your base crit is low enough) take a while to return to the max value.

I really hate SS btw... It fecks up all dps reading. makes it look cool, but only useful for 1 shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I've noticed the fake numbers from SS too. my dps with it turned off is about 75k

All this talk of 120k+ DPS... My WD is about 42 now, halfway through Nightmare playthrough and her DPS is supposedly about 1200 DPS - This must be normal considering she can AoE clear mostly anything from regular mobs to elite packs in 1-3 acid clouds so I can only assume I'm doing alright.

Well I can't comment on that, I only bought it yesterday but as an avid D1 & D2 player (And D3 Beta player) I'm used to all this so trucked through to 50% Nightmare on my second day of play - I'll see how my WF fares in Inferno when I get there, I suspect it'll be 2-3 days more.

I don't see how or why they could suck in Inferno, though... Pets (Dogs at least) are already sacrificial lambs and are purely optional really, but I find their use isn't 'surviving and doing damage' but just being a meatshield / distraction - I feel most of the reason I'm sailing through the game so far is because mobs are so busy chasing 4xDogs and an enraging Gargantuan that I'm just free to AoE everything with splinter darts, groping eels, acid cloud and my multishot scoundrel of death almost uncontended.

Almost everything a WD does is AoE so I don't see what'd be wrong with ditching pet abilities and adding buffs/debuffs or additional AoE stuff and having them sit at the back spewing death all over the gaff rather than sacrificing that for the sake of one-shotted pets...

Ironically this actually encourages me more than it disuades me - I always love a good underdog so if it's true WD's aren't that 'hot' in Inferno I'll strive to prove it wrong... Win or lose ;)

Until then I'll enjoy just free-farming with my meatshield army until Hell/Inferno... Diablo was unfortunately piss easy, but then again, as said, I've played all Diablo's, I know how it works... It'll be absolutely nothing compared to Hell+

now just keep in mind:

there is a diablo 3 pre inferno and diablo 3 after inferno. the whole play style swaps 180 degrees on act 1 inferno. yu are not chaser anymore, you are being chased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Anyone have any advice on how I could help my colour blindness? I can't tell the difference between set items(green) and rares(yellow) even when dropped beside each other and examined closely..:(

Adjust your monitor settings? Hopefully you can find the right combination to differentiate between the drops.

Not as useful as knowing the DPS you'll be doing after the opening attack, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I don't even need to have experienced Inferno to know this... I've played Diablo for donkeys years and have fond memories of being 2 shot in my days of grinding hell in D2 or my Sorcerer dying to his own fireballs against a wall in D1 on the playstation - My point is that, from what I've seen so far, I don't see how a Witch Doctor can't carve out a viable spec for Inferno even if you 'are the chased' - The point put forward by someone was that pets are worthless from level 55 onward but they are technically already worthless as nothing but distractions/meatshields even in Nightmare for me right now at 42 (Dogs, at least - I have a sliver of faith in Gargantuan pet - He's doing awesome so far though I know how it goes, even that will die like toilet paper in the sea in later difficulties but you never know) and the skills can be swapped out on demand.

I'd hate to cut up my current build (Which is heavily pet reliant) but thats purely because I'm used to what has worked for me so far - Maybe this is the problem for some other people - Gotta mix it up if you want to make something work, even if it means going against the grain.

We'll see when I get to Inferno, least then I can actually debate when I have some knowledge - Right now it's just speculation - All I'm saying is that I especially look forward to making a WD work if they are actually regarded as 'weak' in Inferno - It's more encouraging for me knowing this than if I happened to be playing some class that has an easier time - I love a good underdog :p

I had (deleted) a WD that was in Inferno and they are viable, its just that every other is class more viable. The pet build is all about distraction as you mentioned, with the Gargantuan doing decent DPS and it lasted me right up to Act 4 Hell, but once i stepped into Inferno i was shocked when a single zombie two shoted each of my dogs. Your build will switch up to other forms of CC other than the dogs like Spirit Walk, Grasping Arms and Wall O' Zombies. Fetish Army is the only viable pet skill in Inferno in my opinion. Would be nice if your pets scaled with your HP and Resists, or if there was a passive that made such a thing so, but then WD might be the most OP class in the game for survivability :P

Atleast you will get to use the pet build right up to Hell if you like it so much :D

-Edit-
    Actually i saw an interesting video of a WD "Tank" in Act 2 Inferno pre-nerf the other day. He used raid of toads which has a faster than normal cast speed with Life on Hit gear and 20% reduced damage perk and the 20% reduced output on mobs that are taking poison damage. Was very gear dependent obviously but he could stand still and chain cast Toads and not die even when almost swarmed by mobs. He would use Fear(Armour Rune) when things got to hairy.

Adjust your monitor settings? Hopefully you can find the right combination to differentiate between the drops.

Not as useful as knowing the DPS you'll be doing after the opening attack, imo.

I actually tried that, And the only way I can barely see the difference was using settings that would of made the game unplayable for me.

I can't figure out why games are not released with a colour blind option even thought it is always demaded!

WoW supposedly has an amazing array of options for each type of blindness which would be perfect!

Anyway, New monitor arriving Monday which will be replacing my ****ty Samsung so will have a tinker with it and hopefully sort something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You sure? I did a butcher run earlier and it only dropped 1 rare, It states on the link they increased its base drop rate to 2 rares with 5 stacks of nv:/

I'm the very same, can't tell the difference at all. No amount of monitor settings will fix it either, they really should have some kind of colour blind option.

It's not exactly a big issue but it would be nice to have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I came across two packs of Wretched Mothers today.
    They run away far too much. You pretty much cannot kill them in open ground with a barbarian.

The first one was completely impossible.
    They were Horde, Molten, Plagued and Vampiric, I think. They were in an open area so I just gave up rather than chain dying.

The second was a bit easier.
    Horde, Electrical, Fast and Frozen. I found them in the crypts so I could get them to run into a corner 1 by 1 and kill them. It still took about 10 minutes.

They nerfed fleeing monsters a bit already. I think, given how hard some mobs are, Mosquitoes in particular, they're going to have to get nerfed again.

You need to reliably hit monsters to stay alive and that means being able to keep up with them for melee classes.
    If they felt they had to nerf attack speed because it was having a disproportionate effect on things like LoH then I think monsters fleeing which also affects that stat should get another look as well.

• Advertisement

The words "Diablo" and "Melée" never blended well with me - I have fond memories of my mate in D1 playing a Warrior while I was a Sorcerer and... Well, let's just say I always had a much easier time - Same to some degree in D2 where my Necro was having a ball yet I failed miserably with the Druid as either Werewolf or Bear spec.

Well following on from above (and my previous discussion) I'm now in Hell difficulty on Day 3 (One difficulty cleared per day aint too bad) and still with my Witch Doctor, so I never have to worry about the woe's of the Barbarian / Melée folk :P

I've started putting into practice my "AoE like a mong, then run away" playstyle and hoping it'll see me through Hell so I can finally get started on Inferno... But it seems anything on the Forums that mentions Witch Doctors in Inferno are harping on about Tank-Doctor builds... Meh...

I'll enjoy my Acid Cloud spam while I can :(

[ YOUTUBE]p5ZxN7FaHAA[ /YOUTUBE]

Works well against all normal mobs even with a measly 3k DPS (Then again, you practically double that if you get 5 stacks of Soul Harvest) and it melts Elites & Bosses well enough but meh, it's only Act 1, we all know how easy that is... Really hope I can get something working for later.

Unfortunately I'm spending more time unlocking Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing stuff with my gold that I never get to buy decent upgrades - I don't really farm much gold, just Salvage almost everything and never sell anything - Gotta work on that... Bad habit... Must be all those years of playing Diablo without an AH :(

A tanky WD kinda makes sense really. Several of his good skills are short range (like Soul Harvest & Locust Swarm). And I suppose the very fast attack from Rain of Toads + Life On Hit would work well (assuming you have fast weapon).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Unfortunately I'm spending more time unlocking Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing stuff with my gold that I never get to buy decent upgrades - I don't really farm much gold, just Salvage almost everything and never sell anything - Gotta work on that... Bad habit... Must be all those years of playing Diablo without an AH :(

Upgrade the jewel crafting to your hearts content - its quite cheap now and it's worth it to get those top gems. Up to Hell difficulty a ruby in your helm might make sense.
    Once you get a character who routinely fines flawless squares then you can put a ruby in the helm of your younger characters and they get 20% extra experience.
    For farming gear a flawless square topaz gives (I think) 19% extra magic find.

Blacksmiths a waste of oxygen though. At lvl 10 theres a slight chance that something you craft will be fairly good - 5 or 6 different types of lvl 60 armour I can make with 4+ random magical attributes but really the only thing I want is attack speed, resists, health, magic find and a few others... the probability of getting 2 or 3 of the really useful attributes is fairly slim and for 30k a pop + crafting materials you're better off just buying stuff.

I think there'll be another buff to the smith at some point.

As for salvaging, sell everything you find unless you think it'll go on the auction house.
    It's only worth salvaging inferno level gear (level 60+) because the wishful essence you get can generally be sold for more than the item itself - about 1200-1400 per unit at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

finaly went back to playing this after a few weeks as I had a pain in me hole with the lag.Thankfully the lag is gone and realy starting to enjoy it now.

Any tips on what sells in the auction house?what items with stats bonus's sell?

I see that blue weapons with about 40dps go for 5 K but have a load of rare items and not sure if they will sell or not

FullRetard wrote: »
    finaly went back to playing this after a few weeks as I had a pain in me hole with the lag.Thankfully the lag is gone and realy starting to enjoy it now.

I see that blue weapons with about 40dps go for 5 K but have a load of rare items and not sure if they will sell or not

Up until L60, many stats are not important. For weapon, just DPS & having the main char stat (e.g Dex for Monk/DH). For armor, just Vit + main char stat. And Magic/Gold Find would push the price up slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

FullRetard wrote: »

Iv kinda found that nothing really sells unless you are on hell or inferno loot. Iv only just started and am on nightmare now and i think I sold about 5 items for around the 5k mark and that's after I have put an awful lot up for sale and some things even with a very high dps (for my char level) aren't sellin at all

I generally do a full farm run of Act3 once a day but the vast majority of my gold comes from playing the AH. I usually make anything between 1 - 5 million a day depending on how long I spend on it and how lucky I get.

I assume you mean A3 Inferno...

I'm trying to figure out wether it's worth it (In terms of profit) going solo or multi.

Multi generally ensures quicker clearing as far as regular mobs are concerned but occasionally you get these monstrous elites/bosses that are just insanely hard causing big repair-streaks if unlucky. Solo you obviously have slightly less droprate (Not sure if it's drop rate or 'quality' rate, but a loss either way) but typically you can always rely on just yourself.

Seems multiplayer indeed generates more cash but also costs more cash (I use four times as many potions in multiplayer and repair three times as often) but things go twice as quick (progress wise unless above mentioned boss/elites of doom appears during your grind and you have a long wipe-fest).

Of course, this is just Hell and I'm sure there's quite a lot of undergeared folks or inexperienced folks to account for as well - I'm sure it's very different in Inferno or in co-ordinated groups or with friends, compared to just randomly joining some unknowns and hoping for the best.

Also met another WD earlier - Same level as me but had (According to Inspection) double my DPS which was depressing, but I still seem to always be at least 2nd place in terms of damage in groups - Met a lot of Demon Hunters along my travels and there has always, ALWAYS, been one who just seems to do absolutely no damage at all...

Then there are Mages running around who seem invincible and do stupid amounts of damage....

I really need to sort out my Vitality - If it wasn't for a lower CD on Spirit Walk (And a Passive which allows me to die once every 2mins) I'd be dying twice as much as everyone else because I always seem to attract every mob even when I have a Giant roaming around and/or 3 other party members...

Must be that Corpse Explosion spam :D Tried it earlier and boy it's good... Now I can feel even more like I'm playing my delicious D2 Necromancer!

Yeah Inferno. When levelling I wouldn't worry too much about doing it solo or in a group, whichever is the fastest generally as the game changes completely at 60 when you start Inferno.

As for drops you have the same amount of drops in solo as group play but it probably seems like there are more drops as you are clearing faster. Mob health multiplies for every person in the group but they still have a set amount of damage but if you are carrying someone in group play it can be annoying as they aren't making up for the health increase and can make elites very tough if you don't have the DPS to take them down fast enough.

As for the Vitality thing, you generally don't need a high hp pool. Resists and Armour >>> Vitality but really that only starts to be an issue in Inferno. I have to admit I have the least experience with WD's out of all the classes as you just don't see many in Inferno, it looks like they do need some love but what I have seen they seem to go a tank style build so stacking resists is critical for survival as apposed to the glass cannon approach of DH's and Wizards.

Solo WD's are meant to have it very very rough on Inferno tough so I hope it works out and you don't have to re-roll as a friend of mine had to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Gbear wrote: »
    I came across two packs of Wretched Mothers today.
    They run away far too much. You pretty much cannot kill them in open ground with a barbarian.

The first one was completely impossible.
    They were Horde, Molten, Plagued and Vampiric, I think. They were in an open area so I just gave up rather than chain dying.

The second was a bit easier.
    Horde, Electrical, Fast and Frozen. I found them in the crypts so I could get them to run into a corner 1 by 1 and kill them. It still took about 10 minutes.

They nerfed fleeing monsters a bit already. I think, given how hard some mobs are, Mosquitoes in particular, they're going to have to get nerfed again.

You need to reliably hit monsters to stay alive and that means being able to keep up with them for melee classes.
    If they felt they had to nerf attack speed because it was having a disproportionate effect on things like LoH then I think monsters fleeing which also affects that stat should get another look as well.

I haven't noticed it, but there's a thread of people convinced that the Champion/Elite pack affixes are tuned against whatever class they choose.

I hope the affixes are random (within reason). I don't like the idea of fighting more fast/reflect damage enemies.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5913033745

Seems the AH has died, Can't buy, sell or bid on items:(

Also just seem an amazing stormshield with 28% block chance sell for 8m because I couldn't bid on it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Got a rare ring with almost perfect stats earlier...similar ones on AH going for 60-75mil :D No screenshots for you but stats are:
    - 300 life on hit
    - 33 fire resist (prob only useless one unless monk stacks fire resist)
    - 8% attack speed
    - 4% crit chance
    - 1 gem slot

Can't put this up on AH at the moment so using it on my monk.

Advertisement