Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much - AH seems stable now but beforehand, about 3 of my 10 items just seemingly 'vanished' from AH (On those two occasions I could check it before they went back down again) but once the AH issue was resolved my items reappeared again and had been bought or returned to stash as per normal so I assume others could see them.

On a different note, having an absolute blast on A1 Inferno - Trying to get past the Coven / Spider Cave / Fields of Misery stage but it's a bit harsh for me at the moment even with my 26k DPS WD (Her gear aint optimal) but I can sure as hell farm the f0ck out of the Skeleton King side of things, blowing hordes apon hordes of zombies apart with Corpse Explosion is just stupidly hilarious and fun and actually quite profitable - Found some nice L60 stuff and the occasional nice rare plus I need to grind my Followers that last level to 60 so I can threw on some awesome items on them as well - Weird how I hit 60 on the Templar but it doesn't seem to auto-ding the other followers like it did all through the game but no matter, any excuse to blow shít up is fine with me.

Dont bother with your followers, just load them up with magic find. They will die alot and do piss poor damage. Some of them have cool abilities but the AI on them is ****.

The only ones i found useful were the scoundrel if your a range class, give him the multi shot ability and a bow with ice damage and he can constantly slow. And the enchantress is good if your melee, the aoe chicken saves a few hits, its an aoe poloymorph and if you're ranged she aint hitting anything as your kiting and its like a 5yard radius and she casts it on you.

And then theres the templar, a useless bucket of ****, good for: blocking narrow doorways till he dies. His heals would be useful if he didnt take alot of damage himself and just waste them on himself anyway and then die...

Rope ive got a nice WD helm and offhand if ya want it, cant sell them for much but i predict they will be a welcome upgrade for you, pm your real id if ya want em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I updated my barbarian again.

I have almost no mf, but I steam roll act 1 so far. I remember it was/is very dodgy with my DH and she is way better geared then my barb!
    I just wonder if mf gear even worth it over higher dps/survivability gear on barb? I am not o butcher yet, but damn she owns everything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Actually, i've got a few offbits left that i hadn't managed to sell on the AH if anyone wants.

Pretty sweet offhand for wizard (Magic item 105-395 dmg,50int)
    Decent neck/belt + okish boots/shoulders (Wizard/WD). Free for anyone that plans on using them, or can trade for some barb stuff if ya have anything.

I'm using the templar at the minute as hes the best to load up with MF gear, he dies fairly quickly for me and only heals me when he gets back up off his knee from being KO'd if im still fighting. So i just play like hes not there..

The reason i favour the scoundrel is that if your fighting mobs and you run off screen to start kiting, the templar will stop fighting and run to your side, so hes next to useless for kiters. But the scoundrel you can have constantly multi shotting and slowing the targets running at you, and hes always by your side due to followers resetting when you run off screen..

And yeah the items i have would be deemed upgrades for you, unless ya wanna keep the MF on the helm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This may be a stupid question but if you equip the follower with magic find gear is that the same as if i have it on?

• Advertisement

You get a certain % of it from your follower, right now my templar has like 68% MF but it only gives me 14%, **** but better than nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do you think it makes a huge difference. I was just playing on nightmare and was getting a few rares,i changed my gear for more HP and lost almost all MF gear and still found rare items

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do you think it makes a huge difference. I was just playing on nightmare and was getting a few rares,i changed my gear for more HP and lost almost all MF gear and still found rare items

after today i am dumping all MF gear. I got my barb to 60 and updated my gear a wee bit. i steam rolled all act 1 and act 2 so far is piss easy. The amount of stats i sacroficed for MF on my DH made it really shiet.
    From now on i will take better dps/survivability gear over MF, so i can get up on higher act for higher item drop.

if MF works same way it worked in d2, then 100% mf = 1% of higher quality item drop. at your level i would not even bother with MF.

The whole idea of magic find is that you swap it out when the mob/boss is near dead. Doesn't work well for melee but ranged its pretty easy.

Ah thats just annoying though and hard to do against most elites without dying, bring in a gear swap button! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Magill wrote: »
    The whole idea of magic find is that you swap it out when the mob/boss is near dead. Doesn't work well for melee but ranged its pretty easy.

You shouldn't be able to swap armour in combat, It just does not make sense. I hate doing it, Stopping combat running away and quickly changing all my gear is idiotic and is definitely not intended. Does anyone actually like doing it? I assume most only do it because it is so god damn effective and you would be shooting yourself in the foot by avoiding it.

I should have to chose before entering a fight if I want my lower damage gear with high MF or my high damage gear with low MF(Example sets). Having a good MF set should be everyone's goal and not just spending 100k on the highest MF stats you can find and ignoring all other stats because it is only going to be used for the last hit.

If I clear inferno, Great! But then I can work towards getting a MF set I can clear Inferno with as well.

They either need to remove the ability all together or add the ability to hot swap between armour sets in combat, Otherwise it is just a clunky mechanic that is borderline abusive.

I am not saying the ability to swap weapons should be removed, Some classes require multiple weapons in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

MF gear is actually pointless now with how Valor works. I couldn't be arsed even swapping it out and sacrificing stats for it is crazy being honest.

If you can kill quicker you get loot quicker and if you can farm act3 with no MF you are going to get far better drops than farming Act1 with a full set of MF gear.

I've got to the point now where to upgrade even one piece of gear is going to cost me the bones of 10 million so I'm going to take a break from my Monk for awhile, he's steam rolling Act4 now anyway so I'm going to get my DH to 60 and spend my remaining gold on gearing him up.

Hardcore is calling aswell...

You shouldn't be able to swap armour in combat, It just does not make sense. I hate doing it, Stopping combat running away and quickly changing all my gear is idiotic and is definitely not intended. Does anyone actually like doing it? I assume most only do it because it is so god damn effective and you would be shooting yourself in the foot by avoiding it.

I should have to chose before entering a fight if I want my lower damage gear with high MF or my high damage gear with low MF(Example sets). Having a good MF set should be everyone's goal and not just spending 100k on the highest MF stats you can find and ignoring all other stats because it is only going to be used for the last hit.

If I clear inferno, Great! But then I can work towards getting a MF set I can clear Inferno with as well.

They either need to remove the ability all together or add the ability to hot swap between armour sets in combat, Otherwise it is just a clunky mechanic that is borderline abusive.

I am not saying the ability to swap weapons should be removed, Some classes require multiple weapons in a fight.

Im pretty sure thats how it used to work in Diablo 2 aswel tho, so it kind of is how they intended people to use MF. Not that big a deal anyway, like others have said theres no real reason to use MF anymore with how the buffs work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

finished normal with the monk(lvl34) and have decided to go with a ranged player...like the look of the DM.does dex give a bonus to DPS?and should have 2 quick firing bows or go for a 2 handed one??

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Tonight I had another duo session of A1 Inferno and got a look at A2 (Good god that was a huge step up in difficulty) and despite my lacking MF stat we had a constant 5xBuff stack and we all found rares galore on our speed run (Found some pretty nifty stuff I'm waiting to sell... Bloody AH been down all night again) and I don't think it'd have made all too major a difference if I had stacked MF gear or not.

I donno, i haven't really played properly since they patched the nephalem buffs so can't really say if its still the same, but swapping to a 250% MF set made a HUGE difference for me. Especially when i had < 5 stacks. Not on the quality of items, but quantity. Its probably not as noticable when your killing 10+ packs a run and therefore have 5 stacks for half of the kills.

But when you get into act 3 farming, the best way to do it was/is 5 stack seigebreaker runs. So you'd get 5 stacks of the buff and go kill seigebreaker and repeat, so it helps a lot with that.

Funny that this came up on here as blizard posted about this on the D3 facebook thing today.

"Since release it has become an increasingly common practice to keep a Magic Find (MF) set in your inventory, and swap it in shortly before a kill. Philosophically we don't have a problem with the practice. While players getting more Magic Find for their kills isn't a game breaker for us, many players have said they don't enjoy doing it but feel the benefit is too large to ignore. Since the call for a solution really comes from all of you, we'd like to invite you to chime in with your opinion on what the solution could be."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Just on the point of followers, dont forget the buffs they give, they are pretty good.

Enchantress gives attack speed and armor, Scoundrel gives crit.

For me(playing a monk) the enchantress is the best of the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

FullRetard wrote: »
    I put up 2 legendary items in the AH but they arent showing in my list.The list says I have 5 iems up for auction but only 3 rare items are visible.

Is there a filter or something??

iirc there was a similar issue a while back, not being able to see your own auctions. Might be back atm with all the other troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Quickie noob question but is there any way to respec your follower from skills you've chosen for them ?
    I hadn't a clue when I started and chose random stuff for them without really thinking it through. Not a biggie I know, just wondering is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

oxo_ wrote: »
    Quickie noob question but is there any way to respec your follower from skills you've chosen for them ?
    I hadn't a clue when I started and chose random stuff for them without really thinking it through. Not a biggie I know, just wondering is all.

rightclick on their icon; top left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

How do you sell crafting materials and other items like that?

• Advertisement

On the auction house....When its working

nix wrote: »
    On the auction house....When its working

Should you only sell them in small quantities then? Not exactly sure how the process works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

list as many as you want. there's no time constraint so you can cancel commodities auctions when ever you like.

To be honest lads I would recommend vendoring all blues / rares below item level 61 as normal -> hell mats aren't worth anything on the AH. (Unless you plan on making gear for alts but buying from the AH is better value even at lower levels).

Inferno mats do sell however and can be useful and it's gear with item level 61 - 63 that gives these. I started out salvaging everything I picked up but it's just not worth it. I have a ridiculous amount of lower level mats and nothing to do with them. Selling the gear to a vendor would have netted me some gold which would have been more beneficial in the long run.

Big Knox wrote: »
    To be honest lads I would recommend vendoring all blues / rares below item level 61 as normal -> hell mats aren't worth anything on the AH. (Unless you plan on making gear for alts but buying from the AH is better value even at lower levels).

Inferno mats do sell however and can be useful and it's gear with item level 61 - 63 that gives these. I started out salvaging everything I picked up but it's just not worth it. I have a ridiculous amount of lower level mats and nothing to do with them. Selling the gear to a vendor would have netted me some gold which would have been more beneficial in the long run.

I was going with, more or less, what yer man from the 500k and 200k challenges did.

I sell anything below 60 and, because Inferno crafting gear seems to sell for a fair bit, even if I seem to smell and nobody wants to buy my stuff :pac:, I salvage anything above 60 that would sell for less than the crafting components.
    Everything else is either sold to a vendor or in the AH.

With about 175% MF with NV (bit worried how I just spent about 300k on new gear with MFs and people suggested that it's useless) I'm just starting to find some decent gear in late Act 1.

My stash is full though so I can't play with my Barb until the AH allows me to sell some stuff again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

gbear, if your stash is full, why not create more characters and use them as storage.

Gbear wrote: »
    I was going with, more or less, what yer man from the 500k and 200k challenges did.

I sell anything below 60 and, because Inferno crafting gear seems to sell for a fair bit, even if I seem to smell and nobody wants to buy my stuff :pac:, I salvage anything above 60 that would sell for less than the crafting components.
    Everything else is either sold to a vendor or in the AH.

With about 175% MF with NV (bit worried how I just spent about 300k on new gear with MFs and people suggested that it's useless) I'm just starting to find some decent gear in late Act 1.

My stash is full though so I can't play with my Barb until the AH allows me to sell some stuff again.

Well to be fair 300k is fine, at least you didn't spend millions on it. Farming Act1 with MF is still a decent way to bring in the loot. It's just alot more beneficial to spend your money on proper upgrades and farm Act3 as the drop rate of i-level 61+ more than makes up for any amount of MF you have in Act1.

I just missed out on an absolutely godly weapon, it had a 20 million buyout and I hesitated as I only have 26 mil on me. By the time I realised it was more than worth it, it was gone. Could have picked it up if I just went with my instincts and didn't hesitate.

As Tony Soprano said, more is lost by indecision than wrong decision. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I am starting to farm Act1 with my barb , biggest prob I have is finding a good 1 hander (currently using a 840dps with 200 LoH) .
    currently have roughly 350 resist all ,4k armour ,29k HP , I just cant get my dps over 10k , is the 2h build a better option ?
    BTW all my stuff is found , or very low priced AH gear

any tips on how to get act2 gear?

Anybody know a good link that explains magic find and how loot drops work in general?

I farm act2 mostly solo as its cost effective, i got frequent lrare lvl63 drops. Today i was running act2 with Rope and i just kept finding lvl 50ish rare junk, think i found one helion rare xbow but it sucked, but other than that i didnt find much... I would have assumed seeing as the mobs are harder the loot would be atleast on par or better than if soloing..

I'm stumped.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nix wrote: »
    Anybody know a good link that explains magic find and how loot drops work in general?

I farm act2 mostly solo as its cost effective, i got frequent lrare lvl63 drops. Today i was running act2 with Rope and i just kept finding lvl 50ish rare junk, think i found one helion rare xbow but it sucked, but other than that i didnt find much... I would have assumed seeing as the mobs are harder the loot would be atleast on par or better than if soloing..

I'm stumped.. :(

Note to self: Rope is a bad luck charm.

Advertisement