Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

gbear, if your stash is full, why not create more characters and use them as storage.

Hmm.. good idea.

Bit more space now that the AH seems to be up and running again.

Probably the best way to make space would be to level up the other 4 chars I have so they can equip the stuff waiting for them.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    Well to be fair 300k is fine, at least you didn't spend millions on it.

Particularly seeing as each item was an improvement over that which it replaced.

Managed to get my Armour up to about 7.5k, resists up to about 450 each, LOH up to about 750 and maintaining the same painfully low dps of about 3.5k and fairly comfortable 50k health as before.

Weapons are the main thing and they're bloody expensive. I'll farm a bit more and either find or buy something better.

Current one has about 520 dps, 500 LOH and 1.5 attacks/s.

The barbarians charge skill is terribly implemented. It just doesn't work most of the time.

It's annoying that I have to rely on it to keep me alive and get me out of corners.

They should make it so that it always runs a set distance or at least a minimum distance.
    I'm constantly dying when i need to escape from arcane, plague or something else and I click in a perfectly good point on the screen and it goes 2 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay. i am never ever coming back to my DH. My barbarian is just pure pew pew pew killing machine. i can play with 1 hand and clear my butcher runs with zero death and no pots used. i just basicly left click and point on anything that looks at me funny.

stats so far:

24k DPS ( unbuffed) goes to 31k with rage shout
    6.5k DEF
    35k HP
    400-500 resist ( unbuffed ) goes to 700 with shout.
    36% block

act 2 is easy too so far, only few elites combination give me hassle.

it has zero mf, but i get waaaaaay more profit from farming on barb then a DH ( who dies if i get too late for a second on smoke screen ), which has 170% MF...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i guess im lucky on my DH that ive stacked so much dex and int my dps and dodge are really high. think ive got 45% dodge. coupled with smoke screen and tumble, i very rarely die any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Gbear wrote: »
    The barbarians charge skill is terribly implemented. It just doesn't work most of the time.

It's annoying that I have to rely on it to keep me alive and get me out of corners.

The DH skill 'vault' is the same - it doesn't work reliably. Coupled with the persistent lag, you often end up hitting it twice and burning through your resources faster.

I'm taking a break from the game. At act 2 inferno and not interested in grinding previous acts any longer in the hope of finding upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 harconnor

Might be a poor question to ask considering you all seem to be well weaved in and out of this game at this point(and appear to be enjoying it), but is this game worth the money or should I look/wait for something else....maybe torchlight 2??? (Any suggestions would/opinions would be appreciated). I only ask cause I've read so many bad things about it, nothing too terrible but I really want a game that won't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Here is my 2 cents on it. I came late to the party too and i had never played a diablo game or anything similar before and I'm still really enjoying it. I'm not great and there is still a lot I don't understand stats wise and what everything means but I'm still enjoying it,even though I'm gettin slaughtered at act 1 in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

harconnor wrote: »
    Might be a poor question to ask considering you all seem to be well weaved in and out of this game at this point(and appear to be enjoying it), but is this game worth the money or should I look/wait for something else....maybe torchlight 2??? (Any suggestions would/opinions would be appreciated). I only ask cause I've read so many bad things about it, nothing too terrible but I really want a game that won't disappoint.

it's worth the 60quid, but just don't expect it to last forever. It does get very repetitive, you'll easily get a couple of months out of it :)
    I'm waiting for TL2 myself, if you can wait it's definitely a cheaper alternative to D3, 18quid on steam as opposed to 60euro for D3.. Then TL2 doesn't have a release date yet either.

Thank you very much guys, great responses! I think you had secured Blizz another 60 euro ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Have they changed drop %'s again? Not sure if its a run of bad luck or changes, but last few days drops have been abysmal. Running with 5 stacks through Act 1 and the yellow drops I have been getting have all been really bad, getting bad loot from The Butcher as well as elite packs.

Also, treasure goblins have only been dropping blue items. Anyone else notcie this or is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I get that on and off myself mate, some day im getting nothing but 50ish ****ty rares, and then some days im getting level 63 rares consistently. It's all down to randomness of the loot system i think, out of all the lenendary/set items ive found, id say about 10-12 found at this stage and one of them was sick but i cant use it on my toon so have to try and sell it.

What ive noticed since the RMAH came out, im not making nearly as much gold as i used to, seems ALOT of people use the RMAH which i think is ruining the game for people like me who dont want to include real money into a game. I'm hoping the big patch incoming will fix alot of issues for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The AH in general is ruining the game for me. :(

The sad fact is, learning the AH and playing it for gold is a much better way to gear up and earn gold than actually farming and this is what I've been doing pretty much constantly and it's pretty stupid to be honest.

The problem, I can't bring myself to farm knowing this is a much superior method. I get frustrated with bad runs knowing i'm losing out on potential gold from not staying on the AH.

I know this sounds stupid but that's the way it is for me unfortunately. I'm going to take a break for awhile, my monk is geared to the point I can do a full Act4 clear without skipping a single pack in under an hour so I don't feel that need to keep looking for upgrades. I'll wait for the new patch and see if anything changes but that bloody AH will always be there taunting me and I don't think that will ever change unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I've heard D3, unkindly, referred to as "Auction house simulator". :D

I didn't want to put in time monitoring prices in the ah in order to get me past the brick wall I was hitting. The 3 million gold I earned (through minimal 'farming') seems pretty insignificant when looking for meaningful upgrades.

I was enjoying the game when I could dispatch enemies at decent pace - getting into trouble when, having such a good time killing things, I would wade into too large a pack of enemies. Now progress has ground to a halt.

Hey guys, can anyone give me a list of suggestions for graphic cards ranging in value and performance that will be capable of running D3. My laptop is an "Acer Aspire 5733" and it seems it just lacks in dedicated video ram. Am I looking at a substantial investment here? Thank you for your time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hey guys, can anyone give me a list of suggestions for graphic cards ranging in value and performance that will be capable of running D3. My laptop is an "Acer Aspire 5733" and it seems it just lacks in dedicated video ram. Am I looking at a substantial investment here? Thank you for your time :)
    You can't really install a new graphic card in a laptop; there are some external options but they quite expensive and limited in scope.

ohh thats really annoying lol, back to ****ty console I guess : /. Thanks for the info!

ohh thats really annoying lol, back to ****ty console I guess : /. Thanks for the info!

The Laptops forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529

The PC upgrading and building Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

and the graphics forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=596

They're probably your best bet for queries of a technical nature.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I admit, the AH is a somewhat detracting factor to a moderate degree but not enough for me to stop enjoying it, at least either until I get one character capable of clearing Inferno, or have another 1-2 60's to mess about with - At that point it'll probably become a little stale.

Someone like me still gets that little spark of enjoyment getting an upgrade, mostly because even while mostly grinding in Inferno now on my WD, I'm still not exactly swimming in cash, so I can't just kit my character out in godlike gear or play the AH to get stinking rich - Infact, even if I was stinking rich I wouldn't know the first thing about playing the AH - AH in games like Allods, WoW and D3 for me are places of mere convienience so I rarely visit it and don't pay it much attention - This is probably better for me because reaching above mentioned point 'quicker' would just make the game staler, faster, from an enjoyment perspective.

So, I spend less time in the AH and more time running around with my favourite WD build and blowing shít up with Corpse Bomb in Inferno praying for those lovely items to drop, which never do :)

Today I'm finding a lot of 62-63 level items, more than I did in the last two days of farming, all in Act1 - In the words of Nix "It makes you wonder if Blizz just flip a switch".

Trust me, it's better to be poor and still enjoying farming runs then stinking rich and knowing how to play the AH.

I've conceded Diablo is completely ruined for me. :(

Right, I have absolutely no idea how you're supposed to sell things on the AH.

Do people literally only ever buy things for buyouts?

I've been trying to sell a load of reasonably decent gear by starting it off at a low bid. I'd be happy to get 5-25k for most of it.

There's plenty of items that are started at say 100 gold and quickly the bid approaches something closer to the items actual worth. The buyout might be 1,000,000. Often that's just an arbitrary number and the item might be bought for a bid of well short of half the buyout.

Nobody's even making the original 100 gold bid for mine, except with 2 or 3 items which i've promptly ended up only getting 85 gold for when they were worth far more.
    It feels like I'm taking crazy pills. If I saw any of these items going for that amount I'd be happy to throw 1000 gold at them, never mind 100, at no risk if someone else bids higher. It just seems insane.
    I wouldn't mind if it was a case that I was overestimating the value of some items but there's no ****ing way people are looking at these things and saying "yep, that's not even worth 100 gold".

AH seems totally dead, i cant even sell the bitching blackthorne neck piece i found, ive reduced the price numerous times and no bites, went from 16mil down to 8 mil buyout and still nothing..

I'm certain its all because of the RMAH, sad times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nix wrote: »
    AH seems totally dead, i cant even sell the bitching blackthorne neck piece i found, ive reduced the price numerous times and no bites, went from 16mil down to 8 mil buyout and still nothing..

Well there's that and the fact that the vast majority of players don't have 8-16 million.

Far too many overpriced items in the AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Decent grear are so plentiful that they will never sell unless you put in a buyout that undercuts the nearest comparable item. Even if it's good value, there are always better gear out there, why pay 25k for something when I can pay 50k for something that's much better? Why pay 50k for something when I can get something even better for 100k etc etc. Low value level 60 items won't sell. There are not enough new level 60s to buy the low value decent gear. Any existing level 60 players will want really good gear worth millions.

I don't know about other people but I know that I only ever bother with bidding on auctions is when the buyout is too big and I spotted a good item with a low current bid I need. There's no point wasting time bidding on low value items that's worth less than 1mil. This depends on how much you have I suppose. I will also always loose unless the item is way overpriced so I don't do that anymore. Way to winning auctions is look for items that's almost expiring, wait til last 10sec. Put in a bid roughly 25% higher than current bid so your competition won't have time to out bid you. You pick up lots of decent items at a bargain this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Its because of the RMAH that items are priced at 16m. Its a joke. People buying gold has screwed up prices, as a result those who actually want the items cant afford them. Well unless they go buy gold, which then ofc inflates items yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The AH is definitely a weird new introduction to the Diablo universe.

But im getting ok with it now that I know its purpose. Basically you buy your gear there to use in progression.

Farming gesr to use is pointless and a waste of time. Forming is simply just for me to sell gear and replenish my gold.

Its quick enough to just check what an item sells for then go and post. At the point where I can buy nice gear and replenish my gold quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hit 60 at last! Only took me 52 hours :D

I'm in Act 4 Hell so hopefully I won't have any trouble killing Diablo and then I can see what Inferno is like.

I so loled last night.

I got a level 62 bow, which has 600++ dps and 1.5k bleed on it.
    Now the best part: it was -10 level requirement!!!
    So it is a 600dps bow for level 50 DH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

I so loled last night.

I got a level 62 bow, which has 600++ dps and 1.5k bleed on it.
    Now the best part: it was -10 level requirement!!!
    So it is a 600dps bow for level 50 DH :D

I'm leveling a barb, at level 46 I bought a 1hand sword -14 level req, 540dps. Got for 100k.

If you look at AH you can find some insane items -15 level req and like 1200dps, can you imagine? Level 45 running nightmare with a 1200dps weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

robertowjr wrote: »
    I'm leveling a barb, at level 46 I bought a 1hand sword -14 level req, 540dps. Got for 100k.

If you look at AH you can find some insane items -15 level req and like 1200dps, can you imagine? Level 45 running nightmare with a 1200dps weapon?

It doesn't help that the AH still doesn't treat reduced level requirement correctly, you have to select 60 as the Item Level then add "reduced level requirement 10" in one of the drop downs to find gear for your level 50 char (and then level 59 - reduced 9 etc etc) which is a pain in the ass - most players haven't figured this out/can't be arsed so there are bargains to be had.

Played most of hell with an 820 dps 1h spear on my barb - bought it for next to nothing sold it on the RMAH for a tenner when I was done.

The only problem is the hell run 50-60 is irrelevant - it's a few hours (if you have diablo 3 friends) it's kind of fun to have an OP weapon but it's not needed.

Anyway - if they haven't nerfed it by then the dual WW Barb is freekingly amazing - probably more fun than any video game should allow (and this is D3 where anything fun is almost bannable) - if you get to 60 and have some cash give it a go it's just so much fun seeing a whole screen full of critical hits!

Managed to sell my MF amulet last night, put it up for a mil, no buyout. Was nervous as only one bid was put on it for 1.2mil, in the last 20mins it went up to 5mil and within the last 2-3mins it jumped all the way up to over 15mil, the transaction fee on the AH is silly amount, paying 3mil for a transaction..:rolleyes:

Anyway i made a good bid of gold since ages, going towards Nats set now, just 2 more pieces to go, 2 more expensive pieces :(

• Advertisement

Managed to sell my MF amulet last night, put it up for a mil, no buyout. Was nervous as only one bid was put on it for 1.2mil, in the last 20mins it went up to 5mil and within the last 2-3mins it jumped all the way up to over 15mil, the transaction fee on the AH is silly amount, paying 3mil for a transaction..:rolleyes:

Anyway i made a good bid of gold since ages, going towards Nats set now, just 2 more pieces to go, 2 more expensive pieces :(

Getting nat set just for looks and ****s and giggles?
    I was prety sure sets are prety much crap! Specially with that crapy nat 1 xbow

Advertisement