Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah going for helm, boots, chest and ring, fook the bow..

Got the head and chest last night, the set bonuses to nats set are sick, especially the 4 piece bonus, paired with the nightstalker passive = unlimited discipline.

Check out this guy with the set spamming SP-gloom and tanking with 19khp..

Oh and Nats set looks terrible, well the helmet does anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm. That looks class.

I am thinking of getting full IK set for shots and giggles. Some stuff in the set can be very usefull too. Let alone 2 item bonus is 60 all res.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anybody else think blizzard missed a trick with diablo?

Diablo was always a gear grind game but the climate has changed in the ten years since d2. People have more choice now, and are less patient. Alot of people got their 60 and just stopped playing due to no "new" content.

I think they could have kept everyone playing by having pre-launch, completed DLC style "episodes" they could release every month. Small snippets of new maps every few weeks. Like a new mini-act of content to keep people farming new places. Have it all queued up and ready to go prior to release and eek it out over a year.

As a model for game development I despise this but from a monetary standpoint I think it would have kept alot more people playing and that would mean more people using the Real money Auction house....making them more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah they could have done much better with the end game. Defo should have taken a more wow styled model for it imo, i know people have been saying "Zomg... this is how diablo has always been", but the game would have benefited so much from a more endgame content "Patching" approach. If it didn't have the AH, this wouldn't have been as much of a problem i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hmmm. That looks class.

I am thinking of getting full IK set for shots and giggles. Some stuff in the set can be very usefull too. Let alone 2 item bonus is 60 all res.

Is it worth it?

You could kit out your barb for the cost of 1 of the IK items, each item of which would have 40+ to resists amongst other things.

The whole market for legendaries and set items is insane.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Is it worth it?

You could kit out your barb for the cost of 1 of the IK items, each item of which would have 40+ to resists amongst other things.

The whole market for legendaries and set items is insane.

My barn is already kitted nicely, but with right stats parts of IK can be very nice. I am at that stage where's upgrades cost me millions, not just few hundreds K's.

Plus I would love to have a barb just with full IK for shots and giggles. I never got it in D2 :(. IK armor was just insanely dare and rare! I had full Natalie's thought :D

As for diablo style grind fest? I still love it. I got 2x60, but I am fully focused on my 60 barn now. Those people who just ding 60 and stop playing are doing it wrong. They should not play Diablo at all then, because at 60 game only begins.

One thing that I would change on it. It's removing level cap. Even of all items around 60 level, you should be able to grind your bejaysus if you want to get that extra level. Even if singing past 60 would give you +1 stat all it would be still good. It would not break game stats and it would give grinders To see how high level they can get.

I played diablo freaking a lot and I still never had a 99 level char. It was hard to get and needed a lot of dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Those people who just ding 60 and stop playing are doing it wrong. They should not play Diablo at all then, because at 60 game only begins.

The real game - 200 rare drops, and nothing but crap.

Fnz wrote: »
    The real game - 200 rare drops, and nothing but crap.

Haters_Gonna_Hate_23.jpg

Really nice session there. After two false starts where the game crashed, I did about 60% of act 1 and made about 250k. Got some marginally better armour aswell.

One upside to D3 being online - the amount of blue screens I'm getting with my computer at the moment, i'd probably be constantly losing data if it was stored locally.

Some days seem to better for the AH than others, or maybe some days I stumble across a more effective way of searching for things. Seemed to be good value shields going today.

One thing that the AH is missing is actual stats rather than just magic attributes. In a shied, +% block is far less relevant than the total block%.

It seems odd that there's such a huge swing in the standard block% for shields. It seems to be random for all of them ranging from about 10-20%.
    Not sure why there's such a wide range for it, even in the best shields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭B0 SELECTRA

Its official its a Turd :pac: :pac: :pac:

Fanboys you know it two

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Dives-By-65-According-Gametrics-44420.html

• Advertisement

no, its just wow players realised its not a WOW 2.0. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

has anyone had a problem since the patch? i updated and when i log in the game crashes without warning, i put in my password, then it asks for authenticator and i put that in, it says connecting to battlenet servers and then boom desktop????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Its official its a Turd :pac: :pac: :pac:

Fanboys you know it two

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Dives-By-65-According-Gametrics-44420.html

Yeah complete turd! i only got 120 hours out of this single player game, i want my money back!!! :rolleyes:

KilOit wrote: »
    Yeah complete turd! i only got 120 hours out of this single player game, i want my money back!!! :rolleyes:

only 170 hours between 2 chars. :( what a crap game.

only 170 hours between 2 chars. :( what a crap game.

Imagine if you got the same value for money from going to the cinema?

It'd cost less than €1.

Imagine if you got the same value for money from going to the cinema?

It'd cost less than €1.

but id see the end of the film ;) btw im not not a wow player

The exodus is apparently tangible enough that Blizzard made a statement about players' frustrations with replayability and end-game content, derailing the media buzz over allegedly wrongly banned Linux users who have neither received a detailed response regarding their bans nor a refund. Anyone who caught wind of that fiasco would probably want to steer clear of a game with such poor customer support, that's not including gamers who have and are losing money to the grey areas of the Real-Money Auction House.

enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For my part, I never played Diablo 1 or 2 but pumped a scary amount of time into WoW. I played through Torchlight, thought it was great but once I finished it, that was it, I was finished with it.

Diablo III is a more complex game that feels to me like a cross between Torchlight and WoW. There's all the loot chasing, boss fights and boss tactics of WoW but with the immediacy and simplicity of Torchlight. Again, I know that Diablo II did this and maybe even did it better, but I didn't play it so these are my touchstones.

With WoW, you're on a constant loot chase as you are in Diablo but unlike Diablo there's dozens of options in how you do this. Replaying the same game, with the same story, the same four levels and the same four bosses over and over again is just not something that sounds fun to me - especially when it's lacking the social aspect of an MMO.

Diablo III is a fine game - one of the best I've played in years - but it's not one I'm going to play over and over and over again. It's fundamentally a single player game and if Blizzard are going to extend it's lifespan, they need to give the players more to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The exodus is apparently tangible enough that Blizzard made a statement about players' frustrations with replayability and end-game content, derailing the media buzz over allegedly wrongly banned Linux users who have neither received a detailed response regarding their bans nor a refund. Anyone who caught wind of that fiasco would probably want to steer clear of a game with such poor customer support, that's not including gamers who have and are losing money to the grey areas of the Real-Money Auction House.

enough said

I had to re-read that twice to make sense of it, your sentence structure is appalling, sorry.

What has Blizzard customer support got to do with the quality of the game itself? Also your very first point makes no sense. You are condemning Blizzard for addressing concerns of the player-base and committing to working on a fix?

Also if you actually played the game you would know the AH issues were all resolved, no players lost any real money. You are cherry picking issues with a game that has sold in excess of 7 million copies and trying to make them sound worse than they actually are.

Do us a favour :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain me wtf people are on about with all this End game in Diablo 3?

There is no end game, it's not mmorpg. Why are you looking for it?
    I wonder how many people who moan about end game have fully completed inferno?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

You talking about this stuff?

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/9/3146129/linux-diablo-3-ban

If so note the "Thanks William Usher!" at the end. If it has anything to do with him, it's most likely completely false.

Where is the derailing post you talk off?

enough said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can anyone explain me wtf people are on about with all this End game in Diablo 3?

I think it's more to do with Blizzard's surprise at the drop-off in the player base. I played through the game on normal, dabbled in the Nightmare and then moved on to play something else.

I'm ok with that, it's what I do with most games I finish. I don't have the urge to replay it over and over again at increasingly higher difficulty levels because, well that's just boring for me. It's fundamentally a single player game and if I'm going to go back to it, it has to because there's something new to do.

If there's nothing new to do and I don't go back to it, that's fine too. It'll still be a great game that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I think the concern among some players is that, after the likes of WoW and Starcraft II, they expect Blizzards games to be games they can play for months without getting bored. That's not fair on Diablo III as WoW is an MMO and Starcraft a competitive multi-player game.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

The story is average and the game was hyped too much. It's a good game but it's not great. They intended for the loot chasing and ridiculous inferno difficulty to be the end game challenge but grinding for loot and gold gets boring very quickly, there is no longevity to it. That's why there's a big drop off of players. I can't see how PvP can work either when that comes in eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The story is average and the game was hyped too much. It's a good game but it's not great. They intended for the loot chasing and ridiculous inferno difficulty to be the end game challenge but grinding for loot and gold gets boring very quickly, there is no longevity to it. That's why there's a big drop off of players. I can't see how PvP can work either when that comes in eventually.

I agree with you partially. I think the game lasts exactly as long as you want it to last, at act 4 inferno you know there isn't anything else left to do, so it is indeed a gear a grind and potluck with that too. In fairness to some of the previous posts, there are less public games in my experience and selling stuff on the AH and RMAH is for me another form of proof that people are losing interest. Things that would have sold for a few quid or even the minimum 1.25 just dont sell now, and the gold ah is going that way too. The commodities only went live today in europe, and you still cant sell gold, which is a bit annoying as i wanted to make a few more quid before i gave up entirely. Millions of gold doing nothing there..
    Shame really but what can you do when there is only a finite amount of things you can do within the four acts.

I liked the story, sure it was no bioware plot, but it kept me going for weeks on end, months even.The cinematics (aside from Tyraels enormous mutant hands in the end of act1)were quality!
    I honestly do pity anyone who didn't get their money's worth from D3. 60 quid is expensive, but it was worth it for the amount of time spent on traversing the 4 acts, 4 times with two different characters and not to mention hardcore where i made it to hell twice before being mashed into pulp.
    I still have some reservations about HC and there are issues there that you can overlook in softcore but are lethal and infuriating in hardcore.

Whats really annoying about diablo 3 is that. Im at the End of Inferno Act 3 and the AH is dead no one is buying stuff anymore impossible to get gear of drops you have to sell stuff to get gold to upgrade gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

People should give hardcore a try if they're bored, definitely alot more exciting than just grinding.
    It's the same reason why people still play D2 occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Blizzard themselves have said the endgame is not good enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Whats really annoying about diablo 3 is that. Im at the End of Inferno Act 3 and the AH is dead no one is buying stuff anymore impossible to get gear of drops you have to sell stuff to get gold to upgrade gear.

Nobody is buying the high end stuff on the AH because 98% of them can't afford the stupid prices for items. I reckon that to kit a character out with the really top end items would cost about 200-300 million gold.
    Even gold running, I struggle to bring in €300k per hour....and that is soul-destroying repetitive.

This game would have had a 50 times longer lifespan without the AH. What made D2 fun was finding the good loot that made you feel more powerful. I have 4 level 60's, and not one of them is using any item that I looted. All AH stuff...even when leveling.
    Want a full L60+ set?...just grind enough money and buy it all. What's the fun in that?

Blizzard should set up a way to play without access to the AH. Old school loot whoring would make this game amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Blizzard should set up a way to play without access to the AH.

they need to program out player greed?

and yes I know that loot drops are lowered due to the fact the AH is there but the point still remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Nobody is buying the high end stuff on the AH because 98% of them can't afford the stupid prices for items. I reckon that to kit a character out with the really top end items would cost about 200-300 million gold.
    Even gold running, I struggle to bring in €300k per hour....and that is soul-destroying repetitive.

This game would have had a 50 times longer lifespan without the AH. What made D2 fun was finding the good loot that made you fell more powerful. I have 4 level 60's, and not one of them is using any item that I looted. All AH stuff...even when leveling.
    Want a full L60+ set?...just grind enough money and buy it all. What's the fun in that?

Blizzard should set up a way to play without access to the AH. Old school loot whoring would make this game amazing.

This! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

By now almost everyone is done with D3. This game is fine by the 45euro i paid and some good 200hour+ entertainment but thats about it. In short, they could have done the game so much better and D3 is literally a step back from D2. While all the fixes/patches are targeted to maximize their profit with AH rather than actually making the game better.

Good game nonetheless but not to expect too much if you came from good old bliz games. Bliz North left with their true talent.

Advertisement