Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Path of exile is still in beta. I will give that thing a go too. I liked beta of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

I'm with most others on this. I've slowed down playing in the last couple of days (on Ghom in Act 3 Inferno). I probably could get to the end of Act 4 by the weekend but am losing the will to play it.

The AH has definitely diluted the game. But, it really is Blizz's fault, they've made it absolutely essential to use the AH as the drops are beyond crap. Maybe if they changed the way drops worked so that your characters main attribute (i.e. Intelligence for Wiz's / WD's) was guaranteed to be on the item and then the rest of stats were rolled as normal. Then at least there would be a good chance of finding gear that you could wear.

The lack of options for gearing is poor too. In Inferno (as a Wiz anyway) every piece of gear has to have all resists, there's so little scope to experiment with gear cos of decisions like that.

Think I'll leave it for a while and see what comes with the v1.1 patch. PVP is going to be hillariously unbalanced but at least it might give something to do. Actually, have they said if there'll be 1 v 1 in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

There are 2 things going on with the AH ...

First is the monumentally silly decision to allow "used" items be sold - this means that stuff you found today is competing with literally every item ever found since the game started on the AH - as people upgrade their old stuff goes up on the AH.

As time progresses, more items are (in theory) available for sale - meaning the shiny precious thing you just found needs to be damned awesome (not just good) to ever have a chance of selling.

If things cannot be resold once used then a new item's uniqueness and sellability stays constant over the game's life - if everything ever found is available - over time the chances of finding anything that can be sold falls - and approaches zero.

For a game that's all about loot drops, this is madness as game design.

The second thing is that pretty much the entire player base (what's left) are level 60 gearing for Act3/4 inferno - they all have "OK" inferno gear - they're all just looking for that special item - so "reasonable" ilevel 63 armour no longer has any buyers - and even if there's an influx on new players into the game ... see point one above!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

SK1979 wrote: »
    Think I'll leave it for a while and see what comes with the v1.1 patch. PVP is going to be hillariously unbalanced but at least it might give something to do. Actually, have they said if there'll be 1 v 1 in it?

Is there going to be pvp (and any details how this will be implemented)? I played to 60 and left it there. I didnt like Diablo 1, and this didnt change my mind either, not really my time of game (not a pve-only fan).

Hope they fix up the issues interfering with your enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Welease wrote: »
    Is there going to be pvp (and any details how this will be implemented)? I played to 60 and left it there. I didnt like Diablo 1, and this didnt change my mind either, not really my time of game (not a pve-only fan).

Hope they fix up the issues interfering with your enjoyment.

There is definitely going to be PVP. They have promised that it will be in the first big patch (v1.1). Thus far all they've promised is that it will be out this year (i.e. 2012). However, if I was a betting man I'd imagine that they'll rush it out now and will probably be out by the end of the summer.

Its going to be incredibly unbalanced though. There are so many varieties of builds that some will simply be completely OP. With the right gear (loads of life on hit for example) some char's are practically immortal.

Thanks though, I will finish Inferno definitely I think, but am going to start playing DayZ too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pH wrote: »
    There are 2 things going on with the AH ...

First is the monumentally silly decision to allow "used" items be sold - this means that stuff you found today is competing with literally every item ever found since the game started on the AH - as people upgrade their old stuff goes up on the AH.

Indeed.

A comparison would be in the car trade if cars were always capable of being cheaply repaired and you never needed to get a new one, except to upgrade in quality.

The reason most people buy new cars is because their old ones stop working as well, and in reality there's no magical hammer button that repairs it back to the state that it left the factory in.

Without loot "breaking" there can never be a proper economy on the AH.
    They could possibly have two wear and tear mechanisms in use - one that is the direct result of use and dying, and can be repaired at merchants, the other that decreases linearly over time and when it reaches 0, the weapon cannot be used or repaired anymore.

It would completely pull the rug out from under the market and prices would collapse.
    There'd also be an interesting market of cheap really high quality weapons that might only have 10% of their use left, but the previous owner, just as with a car, wanted to make some money off them.

It'd give entry level 60 characters a way to get decent gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I personally is pissed off by AH actually manipulating the drops. That is confirmed by Bashiok in a blue post awhile ago. Well, it makes sense too. Greedy blizzard is greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I personally is pissed off by AH actually manipulating the drops. That is confirmed by Bashiok in a blue post awhile ago. Well, it makes sense too. Greedy blizzard is greedy.
    Do you have a link to this? I haven't seen such a post from him...would be interesting to read the details.

seraphimvc wrote: »

I'm sure that there was a comment a long while back about gear drops being "balanced" by taking the AH into account - this meant that when deciding the drop rates Blizzard took into account that this game would have an AH (unlike say D2).

Blizzard have explicitly denied there is any link at all between the actual items being a sold.

“The auction house has absolutely no effect on drop rates. There are conspiracy theories and misunderstandings, but I do want to re-iterate: there is NO interaction whatsoever.”
    Blizzard’s Wyatt Cheng
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Diablo-3-s-Auction-House-Has-No-Effect-on-Drop-Rates-276302.shtml

It would completely pull the rug out from under the market and prices would collapse.
    There'd also be an interesting market of cheap really high quality weapons that might only have 10% of their use left, but the previous owner, just as with a car, wanted to make some money off them.

As for price collapse - I'm not sure - new "found" stuff - by players actually playing the game would have a market again for sure - the price for that stuff would actually increase as players spend their money on new finds rather than cast-offs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Gold buying/selling on the RMAH has now been enabled:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

No posts in over 3 days lads, has everyone given up?

I'm seriously regretting not selling all my gear when the RMAH went live. The market is pretty much dead now, wouldn't get a fraction of it now. :(

Big Knox wrote: »
    No posts in over 3 days lads, has everyone given up?

I'm seriously regretting not selling all my gear when the RMAH went live. The market is pretty much dead now, wouldn't get a fraction of it now. :(

I've kinda gone back to Starcraft again (ridiculous the amount of hours I've gotten out of that game - a solid 300-400 hours I'd say and still 2 expansions to come).

I can't solo Act 2 inferno without getting a considerably better weapon and that'd cost the bones of 5 million gold and I cannot be arsed doing that much lewt grinding.

It's strange though, because I got way more game time out of D2 with it's lock-in skill trees. In D3 I can't even be arsed unlocking anyone elses aside from the barb. I've a 42 monk, a 35 wizard, a 24 DH and a 19 WD.
    Even playing normally on the lower difficulty with other characters has just become kinda tedious.

Whatever witchcraft that was woven into D2 that allowed me to replay it dozens of times with 6 out the 7 classes (never took to the druid) seems to have been lost. Or maybe because I did that I'd already made myself bored of D3 before I ever played it.

Thing is, I'm always happy to sink hundreds of hours each time a new Sid Meier's Civ is released.

Gbear wrote: »
    I've kinda gone back to Starcraft again (ridiculous the amount of hours I've gotten out of that game - a solid 300-400 hours I'd say and still 2 expansions to come).

I can't solo Act 2 inferno without getting a considerably better weapon and that'd cost the bones of 5 million gold and I cannot be arsed doing that much lewt grinding.

It's strange though, because I got way more game time out of D2 with it's lock-in skill trees. In D3 I can't even be arsed unlocking anyone elses aside from the barb. I've a 42 monk, a 35 wizard, a 24 DH and a 19 WD.
    Even playing normally on the lower difficulty with other characters has just become kinda tedious.

Whatever witchcraft that was woven into D2 that allowed me to replay it dozens of times with 6 out the 7 classes (never took to the druid) seems to have been lost. Or maybe because I did that I'd already made myself bored of D3 before I ever played it.

Thing is, I'm always happy to sink hundreds of hours each time a new Sid Meier's Civ is released.

well in diablo 2 if you spent 1 skill wrong, you needed to make a new character. then when you wanted to make frost orb sorca you needed to level her up, but if you wanted to get meteor hydra build you could not respec and that ment one more character. it was a pain in a hole. you were leveling 1 chartacter for basicly 1-3 spells to use.
    in diablo 3 they removed that stupitidy so you can have 1 char and all specs when ever you want. thats why you dont power train 5 characters of each class. you just respec your one character.
    diablo 2 was fantastic game, but a lot of stuff is pink glasses stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The AH seems to be getting considerably worse, I'm having trouble selling my old kickass bow for nothing at all.

I first put it up for min bid of 15mil, as its a weapon, no bites, 10mil, no bites, 5mil no bites.. I'm like WTF at this stage, I'm thinking **** it ill put it up for a mil, dont see me playing this game for much longer anyway.

So i got one bite at one mil and 24hrs left on it, its impossible to make consistent gold and farming gold is no fun.

The fake money AH was a bad idea and the real money as they have progressively unlocked each aspect, the game has just lost all appeal to me now pretty much.. Its all grind and feck all reward, and by the look of my friends list, majority are thinking the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Stopped playing myself. Its impossible for me to progress now. I got stuck in Act 2 inferno, I know its my gear, and I know what to upgrade. But I cant sell items, which means I cant buy items, which means I cant progress. So game over!

i still like the game, but havent loged in for awile.

steam sale lol. diablo, feck of you slut! :D

well in diablo 2 if you spent 1 skill wrong, you needed to make a new character. then when you wanted to make frost orb sorca you needed to level her up, but if you wanted to get meteor hydra build you could not respec and that ment one more character. it was a pain in a hole. you were leveling 1 chartacter for basicly 1-3 spells to use.
    in diablo 3 they removed that stupitidy so you can have 1 char and all specs when ever you want. thats why you dont power train 5 characters of each class. you just respec your one character.

I think they possibly fell down too much on the side of flexability.
    In D2 you could replay because you could lewt grind or you could replay to get a different experience with a class.
    They've cut out one of those and I think it's why it has less replayability.

Perhaps if they had a traditional skill tree with free movement between skill runes, or the D3 skill tree but the skill runes had points against them that narrowed your choice a little - a hybrid of the two systems.

Another problem is that, as I've seen it, they've amalgamated the classes too much - DH is Amazon/Assassin, WD is Necro/Druid, Monk is Paladin/Assassin and then you've got the Wizard and Barb fulfilling basically the same roles.

It feels like they're more generic and it certainly leaves less room for new classes later down the road. I think there might be a niche for some sort of swordsman and that's about it.
    diablo 2 was fantastic game, but a lot of stuff is pink glasses stuff too.
    It's not necessarily because D2 was better (it almost certainly wasn't), but it could be as a direct result of D2 that I've gotten bored more quickly because I've basically already played the game for 100's of hours before it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Is anyone here actually making money from selling items? Someone on boards said he funded his steam sale purchases from Diablo 3 :O

Im attempting to sell mine now but it's a slow process. I'm sickened as I could have made a fortune with my gear. Have made €140 from my helm, a ring and my off hand weapon so far but it looks like I'm not gonna make the €500 goal I started out with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Is anyone here actually making money from selling items? Someone on boards said he funded his steam sale purchases from Diablo 3 :O

Yup me, i made 50€ from selling stuff, one was a 20€ crossbow 1236dps 10attack speed 160dex and 2.60 life steal, sold it about 3 weeks ago, sold about 5 items past 4 days but was all 3€ buyout jobbies so get feck all after the cut.
    My paypal is still in the debit after all the games i got from Steam. Funny thing is i can't sell anything on the gold auction house, even good items but if i throw them on the RMAH for 3€ it seems to sell sometimes.
    To make anything decent now you got to find very good set gear almost perfect ilvl63 gear, so don't bother really.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Gbear wrote: »

Same story here. I got up into the end of inferno A3 and then stopped when a friend and myself could'nt progress any further. The game is now officially dead for both of us and we have since moved on and now wait for the launch of GW2.

It's sad to see a great name like Diablo being dragged through the dirt like it is now by the current Dev Team. And the simple reason why we kept playing D2 was: Every Boss Kill was rewarding in one or the other ways. And you would not run into the "impossible Mobpack combo" like you do in D3.

Guess we all have to play TL3 when it hits :) At least these Devs are the ones that made D1 / 2 back in the day and are not as much driven to be a cashcow like the guys at Blizzard.

The only game Blizz has left for them is SC2, WoW is slowly dying and D3 is already dead from looking at feedback etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Taylor365 wrote: »

I've money in my Battlenet account to comfortably fund
    Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm expansion
    World of Warcraft MOP Expansion
    And probably a time card.

I've slacked off massively over the last three weeks with Diablo ( and at present cant login due to getting a different authenticator )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just done beat Inferno....**** ME IT WAS HARD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kinda glad I never bought this now tbh. In the future if it ever goes on the cheap I might get it. Farming is something that I'm just not interested in really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent played the game in many weeks, i got bored about 3 weeks after release and absolutely no interest of going back any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

New Wizard exploit is hilarious. It's so bloody simple I dont believe for a second that it's a recent discovery.

Some smart feckers have been doing this since release and earning thousands once the RMAH went live.

Basically, you mouse over your character and select "Teleport" and "Archon" at the same time. Thats it. You become invincible as no mobs can target you. Clear the full screen of mobs at your leisure and recast when Archon runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Yeah got my inferno complete achievement before the hotfix. Still a pointless grind if you want good equipment even if you can clear act 3 and 4 with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got the ****tiest of drops from diablo on INFERNO....total joke!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Got the ****tiest of drops from diablo on INFERNO....total joke!

He doesen't drop anything standard packs don't. Same as any boss or mini-boss! Did you have your 5 stacks of NV?

Advertisement