Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Big Knox wrote: »
    He doesen't drop anything standard packs don't. Same as any boss or mini-boss! Did you have your 5 stacks of NV?

You lost me there mate....with the technical mumbo jumbo :p
    I dont play the game much anymore, logged in was told about the glitch with the wizard (bet you all would like to have lvl 60 wiz now lol) and done it for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You lost me there mate....with the technical mumbo jumbo :p
    I dont play the game much anymore, logged in was told about the glitch with the wizard (bet you all would like to have lvl 60 wiz now lol) and done it for the laugh.
    hohoho.

Diablo is indeed a joke! (was with my 375mf gears and go die in every boss fight while 2 wiz mates nuking them down :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

They've not fixed this yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Magill wrote: »
    They've not fixed this yet ?

Only if it affects the RMAH.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Worst game purchase of the year for me, such a waste. Never got bored and vexed by a game so fast before esp one of a genre I love and a fantasy setting I also love to play.

Its up there with SWTOR and the odd 360/PS3 game for the worst purchase of the last several years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Worst game purchase of the year for me, such a waste. Never got bored and vexed by a game so fast before esp one of a genre I love and a fantasy setting I also love to play.

Its up there with SWTOR and the odd 360/PS3 game for the worst purchase of the last several years.

Why?

Sure it is a flawed game but worst purchase of the year? For someone who loves the dungeon crawling genre it seems a bit over the top...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If you love the genre then your comment makes no sense. The game has it's problems, mainly the AH and Blizzards decision making due to the RMAH but as the genre goes the game is pretty much the best out there up until end game where these somewhat trivial issues can come into play.

Blizzard have some questions to answer for definitely but they still made a great game that stayed true to the series and the genre for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Only if it affects the RMAH.

It does. Anything that effects the item economy, effects the AH. Wizards have been farming constantly, for free flooding the market with the top end items. This lowers the prices quite alot and is costing them money.

Thing is, while the elite few have been doing this for months and keeping shtum, blizzard only found out about it a week ago with the rest of the population. A fix is coming because its a big issue but it will likely be a few more days.

On a completely seperate note I now have €180 in my D3 account and I have no idea what i'm going to do with it. Decided to sell my gear so listed the best parts. Ended up selling my weapon, helm, boots and a ring which came to €180. The AH is pretty much dead so couldn't sell the rest.

Turns out once the funds go into your b.net account from a sale you can't refund or retrieve it in anyway, GG Blizzard. :rolleyes:

Was left with most of my gear so just used my remaining gold to rebuy the slots i'd sold so still have a full set of gear but I've no idea what to do with the funds in the account now.

Haven't played in weeks but I'll most likely check out any new content they implement and also give the pvp a go with friends once it's out.

Kirby wrote: »
    It does. Anything that effects the item economy, effects the AH. Wizards have been farming constantly, for free flooding the market with the top end items. This lowers the prices quite alot and is costing them money.

Thing is, while the elite few have been doing this for months and keeping shtum, blizzard only found out about it a week ago with the rest of the population. A fix is coming because its a big issue but it will likely be a few more days.

To be honest mate farming end game isn't really a big deal to be honest. My monk has had Act3/4 on farm since before the Inferno nerf and since then I can do a full Act4 clear in less than 30 minutes.

I can kill the "impossible packs" with no issues and I rarely ever die unless I pull 2 packs by mistake and both of them end up being nasty combo's etc. and it's not like I've farmed crazy gear or made hundreds of millions. The majority of my gold has come from the AH itself buying and reselling gear.

Any wizards who knew about the exploit have had no real advantage over those who have been clearing or farming legit and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

It is disgraceful however that blizzard have let it go on this long. As said if it was something that brought the AH down then you can be sure it would have been fixed within hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The biggest issue that Diablo has for me: the way trading changed from Diablo 2.
    Making it easyer and handyer does not make it improved. Part of diablo 2 fun was jumping from trade 1 to trade 259 and looking for that buriza for your mf AMA. Making your trade inventory for offers. Looking for set of items which was for certain build pvp or pve.
    The whole random nature of items was a very bad move in my opinion. If I was looking for oculus for my sorca, then I knew what stats it's got and how to plan my other items for it.

Now I will admit, I haven't played Diablo 3 in 2 weeks, but that's more to do with 150eu spent on steam sale and a huge selection of games I have on offer to play.
    Diablo still gave me around 200h of game time so far and I am 100% sure it will give at least double that after few patches and pvp patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Turns out once the funds go into your b.net account from a sale you can't refund or retrieve it in anyway, GG Blizzard. :rolleyes:

This is what happens when you don't link your paypal account.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    This is what happens when you don't link your paypal account.

Thank you Captain obvious!! :pac:

You have the option of the sale going straight to Paypal when listing the item but it's ridiculous you can't do it at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

tbh... its free money, can't really complain imo :)

Any wizards who knew about the exploit have had no real advantage over those who have been clearing or farming legit and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I disagree. The difference in dps and Magic Find between a "cant be killed" gearset and a "need to survive" set is quite alot. You can clear twice as fast and have 5 times the MF. It's a big deal.

Regarding the money in your account, you should use it to buy blizzard games. Pick up starcraft 2 now and then Heart of the swarm when it's released. Free games! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thank you Captain obvious!! :pac:
    Then don't blame Blizzard for your own discrepancies.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Then don't blame Blizzard for your own discrepancies.

Please show me where I blamed Blizzard for something? I stated an opinion on their battle.net funding policies. Where exactly does blame come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hate blizzard - they're really ****

SEE!

:pac:

Gbear wrote: »
    SEE!

:pac:

Lies, it's all lies!! No way that's me, there's no capital B in Blizzard. I might not like them but god damn do I respect them!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just wondering where is the cheapest place online that i can pick up a CD key for the game ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just wondering where is the cheapest place online that i can pick up a CD key for the game ?

G2Play are the cheapest at the moment, at €45.99.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/buy-cd-key-diablo-3-213

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

You have the option of the sale going straight to Paypal when listing the item but it's ridiculous you can't do it at a later stage

I believe the issue is something like...

Blizzard holding money with the potential for users to 'cash-out' at a later date, would take the company one step too close to being a bank - with a whole mess of 'bank-law stuff' to worry about.

Huh! My account just got banned for using 3rd party programs. I've not even logged in for weeks.

About time i joined the "I've been hacked!" club :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yup, hacked.

Did you had autohandicator?

Yup, hacked.

Did you had autohandicator?

Nope, though i do now (android app). Would be nice to come back and have a couple million gold, but it looks like they roll back the account to before it was hacked. Not that i really care either way, as i've not played it in weeks.

Quick question though...they've already un-banned me, and it was changed to a warning. That's fine, but i then got an email asking if i wanted to authorize a limited restoration. Do i need to bother with this if my account is already un-banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the limited restoration is only if your missing items/gold etc. but if its all there, then i wouldnt bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Grasshopper89

Diablo 3, I had never played the previous two but I fell into all the hipe and bought it I felt it was so good by the trailers.

It really is a good game, but again there's something about it that doesn't make me want to keep playing it? Like I havent played it in about 3 months or so??

I got sick of looking at the money in my account so I bought some crazy upgrades. Have no interest in the SC expansion.

So I now have the same defensive stats on my Monk, can still facetank the "impossible" combos in Act3/4 but I have almost 40k DPS aswell.

Done one Act3 clear and logged out and I'm back where I started with no interest in playing. :(

• Advertisement

I got sick of looking at the money in my account so I bought some crazy upgrades. Have no interest in the SC expansion.

So I now have the same defensive stats on my Monk, can still facetank the "impossible" combos in Act3/4 but I have almost 40k DPS aswell.

Done one Act3 clear and logged out and I'm back where I started with no interest in playing. :(

If you had no interest in playing, thats a waste of money. Couldn't you have asked a mate to put some stuff up for auction and just transferred your money that way? Paypal is very useful that way.

Advertisement