Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so I played a bit last night and in hindsight I may have been a bit harsh on the patch. It does address some of the issues and the paragon levels do add a little depth to it. As stated at least if you are farming and you don't get any phat lewts it's not a complete waste of time.

My frustration with the game stems from the AH but I guess I have to accept it's never going away but with the paragon levels I think I can kick the stupid habbit of trying to play the AH for wealth and get back to farming and grouping.

We done a full Act3 clear in an hour last night and playing with the group felt good again so hopefully there's a bit more in her yet!! Some of the new legendaries are very nice also, will hold out on picking some up until some better stat roles start showing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so I played a bit last night and in hindsight I may have been a bit harsh on the patch. It does address some of the issues and the paragon levels do add a little depth to it. As stated at least if you are farming and you don't get any phat lewts it's not a complete waste of time.

My frustration with the game stems from the AH but I guess I have to accept it's never going away but with the paragon levels I think I can kick the stupid habbit of trying to play the AH for wealth and get back to farming and grouping.

We done a full Act3 clear in an hour last night and playing with the group felt good again so hopefully there's a bit more in her yet!! Some of the new legendaries are very nice also, will hold out on picking some up until some better stat roles start showing up!

Welcome back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Predictably the value of the legacy legendary items have fallen off a cliff. I'm gonna go legendary hunting later.
    Things like messchersmit's reaver are fairly good and about 10% of the cost they were before.

Gbear wrote: »
    Predictably the value of the legacy legendary items have fallen off a cliff. I'm gonna go legendary hunting later.
    Things like messchersmit's reaver are fairly good and about 10% of the cost they were before.

Yeah I seen that, some of the legacy legendaries can be great.

Skullgrasp and a well rolled Helm of command are excellent additions for a Monk or Barb and Amulets like Ouroborus and Blackthornes are very good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I can see people kitting themselves out in some pretty sweet OP legendaries soon.

Finally blue's and yellow's no longer rule the markets.

• Advertisement

Well another day and I played only d3...

Did some changes to my barb gear. Did not sacrificed nothing but managed to get 60% basic mf now. I did had to spend 2 mil. :( ( I am poor and not a AH stock exchange stalker, so that's a lot for me, I farmed it myself :) ) I can clear act1 inferno by just holding left mouse button like a boss! :)

I am 3 bars away from third level too, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Witch Doctor.
    5 pets.
    Act 1 Inferno.

Dogs last about about 10-15 mins before I need to re-summon.
    Gargantuan...well, I think he's invincible.

Finally, my WD doesn't feel like a 3 legged horse in the Grand National. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

Played it for a week and I think Diablo2 gave me more entertainment than Diablo3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Witch Doctor.
    5 pets.
    Act 1 Inferno.

Dogs last about about 10-15 mins before I need to re-summon.
    Gargantuan...well, I think he's invincible.

Finally, my WD doesn't feel like a 3 legged horse in the Grand National. :D

Lol, you're gonna love Act 2!!

Lol, you're gonna love Act 2!!

So long as the pets can last 45 seconds, I'm happy. I can resummon then. :D

On a side note. I think Spirit Barrage with Manitou Rune might be very useful in later acts. It works out at about 100% of my DPS (per second for 20 seconds), and hits nearby mobs whilst I'm running. Excellent kiting skill. And with Guargantuan throwing out 100% of my dps as well, it should be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So long as the pets can last 45 seconds, I'm happy. I can resummon then. :D

On a side note. I think Spirit Barrage with Manitou Rune might be very useful in later acts. It works out at about 100% of my DPS (per second for 20 seconds), and hits nearby mobs whilst I'm running. Excellent kiting skill. And with Guargantuan throwing out 100% of my dps as well, it should be fun.

I just kill Diablo in hell with this skill. Since he was the only target every projectile hit him, plus i had Haunt, Locust Swarm and Acid Rain with Slowburn rune. Thats alot of damage ticking away on him while i let rip on him with my Darts, he want down pretty fast. That being said i did find a 777 DPS Dagger in Act 3 Hell :rolleyes: But having a build like that in Inferno would be another story.

-Edit-

Spent most of the day playing Diablo and cleared Act 1 Inferno in one sitting with a fresh dinged 60 WD with no AH purchases. Died about 7 times mostly from reflect damage mobs and killed the Butcher on first try. They have really nerfed Inferno. Mobs dont seem as relentless as they where prepatch in their pursuit of my character giving me ample time to create distance between them. I also only have 2 defensive skill on my bar: Spirit Walk and Unbreakable Grasp. No pets. Lotsa yellow drops also but most of them where rubbish, about 2 upgrades for my WD. Some decent gear for other classes but i just vendor most my **** since id rather play the game itself than do the AH thing.

I just kill Diablo in hell with this skill. Since he was the only target every projectile hit him, plus i had Haunt, Locust Swarm and Acid Rain with Slowburn rune. Thats alot of damage ticking away on him while i let rip on him with my Darts, he want down pretty fast. That being said i did find a 777 DPS Dagger in Act 3 Hell :rolleyes: But having a build like that in Inferno would be another story.

-Edit-

Spent most of the day playing Diablo and cleared Act 1 Inferno in one sitting with a fresh dinged 60 WD with no AH purchases. Died about 7 times mostly from reflect damage mobs and killed the Butcher on first try. They have really nerfed Inferno. Mobs dont seem as relentless as they where prepatch in their pursuit of my character giving me ample time to create distance between them. I also only have 2 defensive skill on my bar: Spirit Walk and Unbreakable Grasp. No pets. Lotsa yellow drops also but most of them where rubbish, about 2 upgrades for my WD. Some decent gear for other classes but i just vendor most my **** since id rather play the game itself than do the AH thing.

If you plan on trying to go further than Act1 Inferno without at least spending a small amount of gold on the AH then you will struggle big time. Thing is the AH is so saturated these days you could fully gear up for less than 2 million and be good to go for Act2 and possibly 3.

Trying to do it with found gear however is very very difficult. Act1 Inferno is made to be clearable with underpowered Hell gear but Act2+ is a big jump.

well i finally decided to leave act1 on my barb and see some world! :p

so i killed Belayal just now, which was pretty much hold left mouse button. i did not used a single pot and i was not near deah even once. i was shocked as i really had problems doing that on my DH.
    Act2 really was easy on my barb too. i did first quest in act3. all was fine, but then got one of the elite packs with stupid bonuses. died 3 times on it... :(

btw drop rates are WAY higher on act 2 or 3. i am thinking of leaving butcher farming and go act2. which part is the best for runs lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

btw drop rates are WAY higher on act 2 or 3. i am thinking of leaving butcher farming and go act2. which part is the best for runs lads?

Checkpoint in Vault of the Assassin.

TP back to camp - use portals to clear Black Canyon (2 or 3 packs near portal) /Road to Alcanus (1 or 2 packs across the bridge) - possibly clear the 2 in the sewers - clear VotA with full NV (10-12 packs) rinse and repeat - some can get that done in under 15 mins - 30 mins is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

wheres the best place to get this now, im really enjoying the trial :D

well i finally decided to leave act1 on my barb and see some world! :p

so i killed Belayal just now, which was pretty much hold left mouse button. i did not used a single pot and i was not near deah even once. i was shocked as i really had problems doing that on my DH.
    Act2 really was easy on my barb too. i did first quest in act3. all was fine, but then got one of the elite packs with stupid bonuses. died 3 times on it... :(

I'm up for act 2 farming. might change back to my wiz for a while.

I'm up for act 2 farming. might change back to my wiz for a while.

we might arrange some runs, dunno if tonight though. i just came back from scooby-do-bbq, so i am tired and not good at thinking :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hey lads if your going to be doing some MF/killing runs add me: ktulu#2750

Played a bit since the patch but GW2 is taking up my time now. I meant to ask if anyone would like an Inferno Diablo kill I would be happy to run them through Act3/4. I can take 2 or 3 if needed! Doesn't matter what your gear is like although you might need to take a few deaths along the way from loose adds etc. Also a barb makes things slightly easier as I can go for more DPS gear with shout.

Anyway let me know and I can arrange something for during the week maybe if there's interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

While I've played a fair share of multiplayer games, I've never dipped my toe in the waters of MMORPG's and the like.

Hearing tell of "Auction Houses" confused me at first, and I by no-means would buy a game solely to repetitevely "harvest" money; but, maybe you folks can answer the below for me, as I've got no experience of what goes on in there.

How much "real money" is the average player making from this? Are we talking a matter of cents over many months? Or better still; is the "average player" simply spending their money as per the usual state of play?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm after selling something today for €60 so I've made about €200 from it now. You can't sell any old ****e but most set item's & legendary's will sell for a decent amount. Some rare's are expensive too. I haven't spent money on it myself except for when I made the mistake of forgetting to select PayPal for one of the rings I sold

While I've played a fair share of multiplayer games, I've never dipped my toe in the waters of MMORPG's and the like.

Hearing tell of "Auction Houses" confused me at first, and I by no-means would buy a game solely to repetitevely "harvest" money; but, maybe you folks can answer the below for me, as I've got no experience of what goes on in there.

How much "real money" is the average player making from this? Are we talking a matter of cents over many months? Or better still; is the "average player" simply spending their money as per the usual state of play?

It's random. If lucky with drops, you can get a few items that can sell for a lot of real money. Or, you can play for 2 months and get nothing worth selling. To be honest, the game is not worth playing just to make real money.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Can you "sell" your character?

i.e. you're fed up with the game a few months down the line, and as opposed to never trying it again and just forgetting about it - you recoup a few bob...?

I suppose, as a follow-up question, are you likely to see "charater farming" as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Iv tried selling a few things but nothing yet,just havnt got the right items. Been chancing my arm really but it's not working so I'm going to wait and see if i can get some really good loot.have a few legendaries but they are terrible

Can you "sell" your character?

i.e. you're fed up with the game a few months down the line, and as opposed to never trying it again and just forgetting about it - you recoup a few bob...?

I suppose, as a follow-up question, are you likely to see "charater farming" as well?

Selling your account violates blizzard's TOS.

People were offering to level characters for other's over the last few months, but this involved logging into their account.

If you read blizzard TOS you will know that you don't even own account, you just rent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I dont think he ment it like that, there was a plan to sell characters at one point - actual player made level 60 toons that you spent time levelling and gearing up, then got fed up with etc..

Not sure if they'll ever implement that, but it was on the cards for a while at least, then again, so was pvp..

I dont think he ment it like that, there was a plan to sell characters at one point - actual player made level 60 toons that you spent time levelling and gearing up, then got fed up with etc..

Not sure if they'll ever implement that, but it was on the cards for a while at least, then again, so was pvp..

ah that makes more sense so!

would be handy. I'd love a monk but no way in hell am I leveling another character. a wiz and DH is more than enough for me

lads, what you think of this shield? i cant even find similar to it to have rough idea for how much i put that sucker up.

1045 def
    21% block
    2800-4700 block amount
    163 STR
    140 dex
    43 physical resist
    7% block
    reduced damage from elites by 6
    socked

i am prety sure its quite a good shield. opinions?

• Advertisement

I think you should give that shield to me.

Advertisement