Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think you should give that shield to me.

Funny enough it might be even better them my legendary one... Still though, I wonder howuch it would be worth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Put the stats into the AH and see if theres anything that compares. It does look like a really good shield though

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Put the stats into the AH and see if theres anything that compares. It does look like a really good shield though

Nothing really even close to it when I checked last time. That's the problem. This is sort of better then my shield by a lot, but my shield got 28% block and I got that block helm too. It's fierce handy setup with lots of block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I am no expert but if you were a potential buyer would you not want either Str or Dex rather than both? Have you searched while excluding one or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

lads, what you think of this shield? i cant even find similar to it to have rough idea for how much i put that sucker up.

1045 def
    21% block
    2800-4700 block amount
    163 STR
    140 dex
    43 physical resist
    7% block
    reduced damage from elites by 6
    socked

i am prety sure its quite a good shield. opinions?

Sorry
    For it to be good it needs:
    - block of 27%/28% +
    - critical chance
    - 200+ main stat
    - nice vit roll

Foe GODLY - Add some All resist/Magic Find/Gold find

21% block shields aren't going to sell for much sorry.

My best find so far:

bAPgnKuH_original.jpg

Sold it on the RMAH for €250.00 - went in a few minutes was well underpriced probably worth 400 million+

Total made from D3 now €500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

250? ye serious? ye have to screenshot that in your auction log dude or nobody will believe ye :D

on the other hand i sold a scoundrel trinket with 233 dex on it for 3euro last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I hate when you get a really good item but are in the middle of a run, So leaving means wasting time but not leaving means not knowing how much richer you will get:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

pH wrote: »
    Sorry
    For it to be good it needs:
    - block of 27%/28% +
    - critical chance
    - 200+ main stat
    - nice vit roll

Foe GODLY - Add some All resist/Magic Find/Gold find

21% block shields aren't going to sell for much sorry.

My best find so far:

bAPgnKuH_original.jpg

Sold it on the RMAH for €250.00 - went in a few minutes was well underpriced probably worth 400 million+

Total made from D3 now €500

Where did that drop for you exactly? Do you play with much MF on?

Oh ye of little faith!

+CtrUuZz_original.png

PLEASE NOTE THAT IS AN IMAGE - I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING HERE, ALL THE ABOVE ARE SOLD ALREADY - PLEASE DON'T REPORT OR INFRACT ME LIKE LAST TIME :)
    nix wrote: »
    Where did that drop for you exactly? Do you play with much MF on?

Act II - not sure exactly where - I just pickup 61/62/63 yellows and leave the rest and ID at the end. Off hand I think I start at about 260% MF (280+ with Templar for soloing) ... probably a bit more now with Paragon.

Cap is 300mf now. No point stacking up more.

I will need to setup PayPal account for d3 now too. Is it painfull process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm still in shock, i cant believe someone would actually pay that much on the european servers for one item.. and with that i'm off to sell everything my barb is wearing again :D

Cap is 300mf now. No point stacking up more.

I will need to setup PayPal account for d3 now too. Is it painfull process?

Technically the current cap is 400% (this may or may not be a bug)

Your Paragon and gear can provide 300%, NV goes up to 375% but your follower and/or Shrines can add another 25% up to 400% - Blizzard may fix this and nerf it back down to 375% max - making fortune shrines redundant for max MF players.

As for PayPal I can't remember it being painful but I had SMS and an authenticator already on the account - not sure which of those is actually necessary for PayPal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

*takes MF gear down from the auction house....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Your Paragon and gear can provide 300%, NV goes up to 375% but your follower and/or Shrines can add another 25% up to 400% - Blizzard may fix this and nerf it back down to 375% max - making fortune shrines redundant for max MF players.

As for PayPal I can't remember it being painful but I had SMS and an authenticator already on the account - not sure which of those is actually necessary for PayPal though.
    How many hours have you played?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there a considerable difference in loot from act 1 to act 2. Iv been farming act 1 but hardly ever get any items worth keeping but as soon as I step into act 2 I get slaughtered

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is there a considerable difference in loot from act 1 to act 2. Iv been farming act 1 but hardly ever get any items worth keeping but as soon as I step into act 2 I get slaughtered

Its random, sometimes when clearing an act you can find nothing but mostly lvl 50ish junk, then on some runs you can find alot of lvl 62-63 ****.

But yeah the loot gets better at a more frequent level the more you progress through the acts.

Its random, sometimes when clearing an act you can find nothing but mostly lvl 50ish junk, then on some runs you can find alot of lvl 62-63 ****.

But yeah the loot gets better at a more frequent level the more you progress through the acts.

Think it's time to spend some of my gold on the AH I think and brave act 2.

Aye bump up your resistance if ya wanna take more hits in act 2, aim for 500+ to all resists.

What class are you playing?

AFAIK this is the current loot table (scroll down a bit)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

so basically for the gear that really matters (63) there's twice as much on Act II and it doubles again on Act III

Aye bump up your resistance if ya wanna take more hits in act 2, aim for 500+ to all resists.

What class are you playing?

I'm a demon hunter. Any suggestions as to what to get? Does cheat armour have the most defence points

• Advertisement

Try my demon hunters build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nix-2343/hero/4720933

Instead of choking gas rune on smoke screen try lingering fog to increase your survivability, when smoke screen is active, you are invulnerable to any damage and can escape frozen orbs/jails with it, its OP. Get used to hitting it as fast as you can, and make sure you have a decent discipline pool when taking o big mobs, use prep if necessary.

Ignore the set items i have and go for items which boost dex/vit/res all, try get crit dmg/hit on gloves. And try get a decent two hander bow, i found a nice 1k dmg bow with dex on it if ya want it, pm me your blizz id and ill add ya.

This is my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ktulu-2750/hero/9341970

I go for all out damage and don't bother with resists. I've upped my vitality recently as I was a complete glass cannon. I can survive a couple hits now. I can farm act 3 & 4 easily with no real issue. The only mobs that I sometimes have difficulty with are the reflect damage ones. I bought a couple rings & an amulet when combined give me just under 2k life on hit which helps.

Edit: Its now vital to have vault with trail of cinders. It does unreal damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

changed my build around lately.

DH btw.

Trail of cinders is sick OP. I can kill elite pack in act 1 and 2 with just using one trail of cinders and a trap.

I've gone the glass cannon build myself. currently have 40% crit chance with 386% crit damage.
    but only 13k life, 3.2k armour and 300 all resist.

But I can one shot almost anything in act 1 & 2 inc elites.

Still need to upgrade my gems so I can add another 20% crit damage with my xbox.
    But id love a double socket manticore... 500% crit damage... I can only dream.

I've found 1 decent drop which I sold for 8.5 mill since 1.0.4 was released :(
    I wish I had MF on my gear... with 5 stacks and my level 10 paragon, I think I end up with about 140% MF...

Can you link to your character. Im liking your 40% crit chance. 31 myself and wana improve that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It's not a bug. They stated that the 300% cap did not include the NV buff. And shrines are temporary so I guess it is intended for them to add to MF beyond this cap as well.

As for Paypal, I set mine up years ago and it was easy until I tried to link it directly to my bank account. But, it's probably easier now.

It's not a bug. They stated that the 300% cap did not include the NV buff. And shrines are temporary so I guess it is intended for them to add to MF beyond this cap as well.

"The Magic Find and Gold Find percentages for both follower contributions and Fortune Shrine bonuses are intended to respect the 300% MF/GF cap. Nephalem Valor bonuses will continue to stack beyond this cap, however.

That said, we’ve seen some posts that MF/GF contributions from followers may currently be stacking above the cap, and we’re looking into those reports."

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/10/1/40/819/181109/can-a-blue-settle-this-max-mf-dispute

That's currently my understanding of Blizzard's position - have you got later news (a link) from blizzard on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just a though on someone who mentioned that they had lots of money in their account but it wasn't linked to their bank account so the money was sitting there doing nothing.

Could you buy games and so forth for other people? So buy your friend SC2 and he pays you for it? Or is that not above board?

Gbear wrote: »
    Just a though on someone who mentioned that they had lots of money in their account but it wasn't linked to their bank account so the money was sitting there doing nothing.

Could you buy games and so forth for other people? So buy your friend SC2 and he pays you for it? Or is that not above board?

I think i saw somewhere,maybe on here where you just 'buy' an item from a friend and boom money is in a bank account and not with blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

"The Magic Find and Gold Find percentages for both follower contributions and Fortune Shrine bonuses are intended to respect the 300% MF/GF cap. Nephalem Valor bonuses will continue to stack beyond this cap, however.

That said, we’ve seen some posts that MF/GF contributions from followers may currently be stacking above the cap, and we’re looking into those reports."

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/10/1/40/819/181109/can-a-blue-settle-this-max-mf-dispute

That's currently my understanding of Blizzard's position - have you got later news (a link) from blizzard on this?

Nope. As I said, it was just a guess about the shrines, but I was 100% sure about the NV buff stacking.

• Advertisement

I changed my chest last night, just before going to bed. ( Royalmarine cough me on it :D ). More dps, but dropped my hp a wee bit. More mf though. I think I got 101% mf base now and I can easily steam roll act 2. ( at least I could with my old chest ).

Still no legendary drops for 4 days now :(. Quite disappointed.

Advertisement