Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The only content they need now is pvp and maybe few more legendaries and item sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think each of the companions has a potential for a quest related to their backstory; the Templar getting revenge on his order, the Scoundrel freeing his brother, the enchantress finding other from her order or her master.

One problem I foresee for any expansion is that they've amalgamated a lot of characters for D3 when compared to D2:LoD (Necro+Druid= WD) so there's less options for new classes.
    They've also now wrapped up all the prime evils in a neat bow, unless you're just going to kill Diablo again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Gbear wrote: »
    I think each of the companions has a potential for a quest related to their backstory; the Templar getting revenge on his order, the Scoundrel freeing his brother, the enchantress finding other from her order or her master.

One problem I foresee for any expansion is that they've amalgamated a lot of characters for D3 when compared to D2:LoD (Necro+Druid= WD) so there's less options for new classes.
    They've also now wrapped up all the prime evils in a neat bow, unless you're just going to kill Diablo again.

Haven't watched the final cutscene in a while but did the soulstone not fall from the heavens, And Adria is still out and about:)

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Have to disagree there - I'd be hopeful of a Lord of Destruction type movement which we got with D2, where they add a new Act, even if it has to be completely unrelated to "The Lords Of Hell" post Diablo death... Doesn't even have to be a mission based or plot based act, just 'something' that isn't A1/2/3/4 in the current game.

They can add as many bells and whistles as they want to the current content but it doesn't do much in sparking extra interest in the game.

Don't get me wrong I like that there is changes so far and the minor tweaks they've added in the patch are nice'n'all but doesn't do anything at all to add any flare or spark to the game we are left with right now.

PvP alone won't help this by much and I couldn't care less how many sets or legendaries the game has to offer so long as the AH is in existance to make them easy to obtain over grinding.

Content you talking about is expansion. Expansion like this always have place, but as stand alone Diablo 3 game it has a lot of content for that sort of game. It's not mmorpg, don't expect one more new act in patch 1.05 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

ktulu123 wrote: »
    This is my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ktulu-2750/hero/9341970

I go for all out damage and don't bother with resists. I've upped my vitality recently as I was a complete glass cannon. I can survive a couple hits now. I can farm act 3 & 4 easily with no real issue. The only mobs that I sometimes have difficulty with are the reflect damage ones. I bought a couple rings & an amulet when combined give me just under 2k life on hit which helps.

Edit: Its now vital to have vault with trail of cinders. It does unreal damage

I'm farming act 2 to get better gear as I cant beat Belaile(sp). After reading your post I got a decent enough weapon with about 400 life on hit. That alone has solved having to kite in about 80% of elite fights. The difference is night and day. Just need a bit more and I reckon I can progress to act 3.

• Advertisement

And at what point did I show expectation of a mere patch adding the content I seek, Shadow?

Did I not already say I would hope for something similar to LoD in D2? That is saying I would like to see an expansion forward of current content - I then went on the mention that while I'm happy that they are at least adding something with patches, it will do nothing to change my boredom with what we already have in D3.

I have no idea where you pull your overly defensive responses out of... If I wanted to play an "MMORPG" I'd go back to WoW, or avail of the countless FTP MMORPGs out there... What the hell has that to do with anything in a Diablo thread?

Might try my luck in A3 Inferno on the WD, or clear Hell/Hell on the DH so she can start Inferno. We'll see... Other than that here's hoping for some more content.

so what do you call content in game like diablo 3 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

D3 needs a lot more depth.

Rune-words etc.

Agreed on it being completely broken as it is.

Going through D2 3 times would net you....on average.. maybe 20 set items, 15 unique items, 300 rares.

Going through D3 4 times nets you....on average...maybe 500 rares worth jack to your char.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    D3 needs a lot more depth.

Rune-words etc.

Agreed on it being completely broken as it is.

Going through D2 3 times would net you....on average.. maybe 20 set items, 15 unique items, 300 rares.

Going through D3 4 times nets you....on average...maybe 500 rares worth jack to your char.

It is not a perfect game and they are changing and fixing things, but saying that it is completely broken is just wrong.

I personally gone back to Diablo 90% of my game time after the patch. I am loving it and I take as what it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm enjoying the game more post patch. Little things like elites not regaining full health after a while is great. I'm happy with the loot situation at the moment. There is a lot of shíte that you will never sell/use but every now and then you get something unreal which keeps you playing.

My only gripe would be that I would like more random level design like there was in diablo 2.

It is not a perfect game and they are changing and fixing things, but saying that it is completely broken is just wrong.

I personally gone back to Diablo 90% of my game time after the patch. I am loving it and I take as what it is.

Half the game is based around finding new and cool items. (least i think)

Having the AH control what items you get (even in single player) is ridiculous because you will NEVER see a legendary or set item if your a casual gamer.

In previous games you could be fresh out of the rouge encampment and bejango! A nice little lvl 7 shield set item with cool graphics - think ill play some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Rope we need to group up again, loving my wizard atm.. The patch managed to reboot my interest and enjoying it all alot more also on my new machine :D

Id love to get some boardsie D3 games going, joining public is just pointless, so many randomly afking or just plain sucking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im up for boards.ie groups.

playing a DH atm. pm me on your tags etc and ill add ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Spinning Barb - pHx#2485

Not exactly true, Taylor. After a long ass break of 'boredom' I came back to level my DH from 56 to 60 just as something to do - In that brief window of time she looted a legendary.

Looted two legendary equipment items (as in non-Blacksmith legendary materials, found plenty of those) so far - Both were crap, but hey, they're still 'legendary' and I wasn't even rocking out high MF in the firstplace so the patch just makes the chances higher / easier. Diablo at the end of the day is a game of chance in a wide pool of randomized items, that's pretty much the whole point of the game.

There's every chance that turning a corpse or killing some random unknow lone trash mob can drop anything from a blue to a legendary - As far as I remember I got one just from some trash mob pre-Lord of Gluttony in A3 Hell, which was nice.

Nothing you find will be much like the next drop, so to find an item that completely suits you can be hard going but typically worth it, hence having an AH in the game waters down that element of 'fun' when you don't even have to play through the mystery random mode of drops hoping for that lovely item when you can sit and farm the AH for 10mins and fully kit your character.

I casually bought 2x1100 DPS weps for sod all cash yesterday, something to tie over my DH now that she can go to Inferno - In a game with no AH, having something like that drop (Rather than be bought) would be an "OMG!!!" moment of happiness, now it's just a case of figuring if it's worth bothering to sell.

On the flip side, If that is how the game is going to be then I'd be happier with just a more fleshed out ingame experience to lighten the fact that the grind is so much less fun knowing the AH option is forever there to abuse... And no, saying "Then dont use the AH" is not a valid response.

I feel a fresh Act and a few more tweaks to the ingame experience could get me passed the boredom factor brought on by the AH.

Its not just a case of 'oh i won't buy from the AH and it will be like normal' and 'drops are random chance'.

Drops are filtered using the AH. If it were not the case, blizzard would be out of pocket. Every time an item is put up on the AH for real money, the chance of it dropping again for anyone probably diminish until its sold.

You cant say this is not the case as people have played 1000+ hours without any legend/set drops.

Also I'll throw up my tag when i get home later :)

As someone who's looted two Legendaries within 60 hours on a low MF find alt, yeah, I'm pretty sure I *can* say that.
    So where are the legendaries for the people who have played 1000+ hours?

I've played around 50 :)

So where are the legendaries for the people who have played 1000+ hours?

They're on the GOLD auction house cheap as chips.

Any idea that there is a system link between the AH and actual drops in the game is ludicrous. Blizzard have denied it - it just doesn't make any sense.

Blizzard have designed the game around the AH - if drop rates were any higher nothing would have any value in the game - the AH gives you access to the gear you need - I'm not being smart but if a find your own gear playstyle really appeals to you then there's torchlight II and Borderlands coming pretty soon.

pH wrote: »
    Blizzard have designed the game around the AH - if drop rates were any higher nothing would have any value in the game - the AH gives you access to the gear you need

That's what i just said..... ?

That's what i just said..... ?

No it isn't, you said:
    Drops are filtered using the AH. If it were not the case, blizzard would be out of pocket. Every time an item is put up on the AH for real money, the chance of it dropping again for anyone probably diminish until its sold.

Which is rubbish.

pH wrote: »
    Which is rubbish.

Chances of drops are diminished from AH.

You said so yourself.
    Blizzard have designed the game around the AH - if drop rates were any higher nothing would have any value in the game

• Advertisement

Chances of drops are diminished from AH.

You said so yourself.

No i didn't - Blizzard states the game was "designed" around the AH - when they were calculating drop rates they took into account the fact that you'd be able to gear from the AH - you didn't need everything to drop yourself to gear your char.

Your suggestion there is a direct system link between items on the AH and drop rates in the game - is silly nonsense.

How is it nonsense?

Blizzard want to make money. Why wouldn't they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They would have earned a ****load of money either way, what they done was compromise the integrity of a game to fill their pockets even more.. The auction house should be what it is, a tool to purchase items, it should in no way affect in game drops or the game at all in anyway, which is shit.

ph i added you to f list, try get a boards group goin soon! ;D

Anybody else?

add me up if interested: nix#2343

Let me know in add msg what yer boards name is, incase i get bombed with alot of requests and cant tell who from who! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I wouldnt mind joining up later for some help in act 2. im about half way through but its tough going so can i tag along and get some good loot :D
    Deselby #2982

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

As someone who's looted two Legendaries within 60 hours on a low MF find alt, yeah, I'm pretty sure I *can* say that. I don't care enough about the AH aspect to look into that side of it, though.

I've also looted over a dozen legendary items within 230 hours of play (2 since last patch).

It is completely random, so yes...a person could go for 500 hours without seeing any, or could get 5 in the first 50 hours.

I suspect however that there might be a bug somewhere which just completely removes the possibility for some characters to get legendary drops. That's just the sort of bug you could expect from Blizzard :D

Tag: Legend#2173

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Can you link to your character. Im liking your 40% crit chance. 31 myself and wana improve that

sorry dude, only saw your reply. I'll post link tomorrow when I'm back on.
    currently at 43% crit chance, 350% crit damage, 83k dps, 33k hp but down to 220 res all...
    got 67 mill to buy a nice new weapon hopefully something better than my POS

sorry dude, only saw your reply. I'll post link tomorrow when I'm back on.
    currently at 43% crit chance, 350% crit damage, 83k dps, 33k hp but down to 220 res all...
    got 67 mill to buy a nice new weapon hopefully something better than my POS
    That is a lot of gold man.

I am playing for the last few days and still no decent drops. Just 50-150k rubbish. Haven't seem a legendary all week now.
    Btw act 1 farming on that route is a lot better, at least with current cleave spec, still getting a good wee bit gold out of it.

@ktulu123

here ya go mate.

http://i.imgur.com/gfVPD.jpg
    this is my stats in game.

here's my profile.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RoyalMarine-2579/hero/7738310

added the link of screenshot in game as it shows 43% with follower bonus / base stats as opposed to the profile on eu.battle.net only showing gear bonus.

• Advertisement

god dammit... was doing my run. no legendaries all week. i just killed butcher and got wizzards hat.... fecking ball of shiet!!! i checked AH and those are for sale for around 9k!! :pac:
    freaking great...

anyway, improved my barb a bit more. i cant believe my luck, but i sniped a new version of stormshield with 27% block for only 800k! damn huge upgrade from my legacy stormshield with all stats considered.
    i am lvl 9 paragon now, almost 10. i cant believe RM and Nix are freaking 15+++! Ya no life bastards!

Advertisement