Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

haha we prob be running again tonight when i get home. about 9pm if anyone else is up for joining in.

We run act 2, but can do act 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm having terrible luck with legendaries, im running around with 55k dps and 300% MF and i havent got anything in ages, i got two legendaries the same since patch was released, these gloves: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets

Twice they dropped! Why not 2 x manticors? haha :D

DE both of em, total ****!

and last one i got was bul kathos ring, total ****, that was about last week actually.

But yeah, hard to make gold, ive inspected alot of players with godly gear and they have killed 1/4 the elites i have, they are either getting the total opposite of luck im getting or alot of players spend alot of money on the RMAH.. :(

reading the eu.battle.net forums, ive seen the same thing. some players saying they have killed 10k elites and got sweet F all.

while others claiming they have gotten 20+ decent-great legendaries/set items and have only killed 3-4k elites. they have sick gear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

haha we prob be running again tonight when i get home. about 9pm if anyone else is up for joining in.

We run act 2, but can do act 3 too.

its a shame i cant do these :( i am mostly in bed at 9:00. damn work!

though i can join you on weekends. 3 of us had some fun. i enjoyed watching you two paperskin boys drop like flies! :D

btw, is it me or the more MF i stack the ****ier drops get...

no longer a glass cannon now :p

• Advertisement

Just got a drop, it made me nearly cry.. :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/giant-skull

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nix wrote: »
    Just got a drop, it made me nearly cry.. :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/giant-skull

got two of those on my hc barb :) one was very decent, the other was so-so. havent had a legendary drop since i hit 60, am paragon 8 now on hc :/

I still would like to know what way legendarily drops are calculated. All loot is server side. Could they be mixing up drop rates? ( just wild idea) Let's say have some invisible for public cap, where only certain amount of legendaries drop per day? To stop overflowing of AH with stuff?
    I really don't understand legendary drop rate system currently. Is there any MF translation already? In Diablo 2 it was simple 100mf = 1% item to be legendary. In Diablo 3 it looks like a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I still would like to know what way legendarily drops are calculated. All loot is server side. Could they be mixing up drop rates? ( just wild idea) Let's say have some invisible for public cap, where only certain amount of legendaries drop per day? To stop overflowing of AH with stuff?
    I really don't understand legendary drop rate system currently. Is there any MF translation already? In Diablo 2 it was simple 100mf = 1% item to be legendary. In Diablo 3 it looks like a lot less.
    They have to be controlled or else the AH would be worthless.

I done a act3 run with a group of 4 last night and the drops all felt really solid, heck i even got a legendary off the first elite in and then a second of the next elite ;D

They weren't the best legendaries but atleast weren't total crap..

Does the loot improve if your playing with 4 instead of solo or duo playing?

As soon as 2 players left the loot reverted back to lvl 50 crap, was weird.

• Advertisement

yeah that was weird, but I reckon its just down to luck.

edit: at least you found something... everything I picked up was vendor material :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

afaik it's all determined by a roll.
    trash mobs/standard chests/weapon racks/champs/elites/named etc.. all have their own values, your mf increases the % chance that you'll get a grey/white/blue/gold/brown.
    NV works with that on specific mobs like bosses and packs etc..
    Also, once the item is on the floor it has already rolled without being identifed, at least that's what blizzard said before this patch about unidentified legendaries being kept til the buff patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

yeah that was weird, but I reckon its just down to luck.

edit: at least you found something... everything I picked up was vendor material :(

Added you in Diablo there. Get some act 3 loot runs done sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I downloaded the Starter Edition demo of this yesterday to see if I'd like it, buying the game today :D, can I continue on playing from the demo I have or do I need to start a new game?

You can continue on, just login to the diablo3 website under the details you login to the game with and you should see an option within your account to activate a game key for the game. So its just a matter of you buying the full game and get the code and submitting it on their site to gain access to the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If there is one piece of advice that I can give to new players it is this:

The first playthrough is effectively a tutorial. It's actually too easy, and hence you can get bored. But stick with it.
    By the time you get to Hell mode, the game will actually be fairly challenging. And Inferno mode is where the game really gets good. It becomes a whole different game when you hit L60 and enter Inferno. So you just have to be patient enough to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I downloaded the Starter Edition demo of this yesterday to see if I'd like it, buying the game today :D, can I continue on playing from the demo I have or do I need to start a new game?

The only advice I'd give you (and maybe it was me being stupid) is to pay attention to the server region. My starter edition defaulted to US, I didn't notice and all progress on it was then useless (you can't transfer heroes between regions for some idiotic reason). You could of course continue the full game on the US region too but as you wouldn't be able to add friends, etc, it doesn't make much sense. Easier to just start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If there is one piece of advice that I can give to new players it is this:

The first playthrough is effectively a tutorial. It's actually too easy, and hence you can get bored. But stick with it.
    By the time you get to Hell mode, the game will actually be fairly challenging. And Inferno mode is where the game really gets good. It becomes a whole different game when you hit L60 and enter Inferno. So you just have to be patient enough to get there.

Just to put forth a contrasting opinion, take your time on normal. It's the best part of the game. Don't rush it. All the content is fresh and new and you can enjoy the story and the thrill of exploring dungeons and new areas.

That thrill will be gone soon as You will be re-running the same content 900 times so just enjoy it while you can.

Thanks for all the info guys :)

Loving the game so far (looks brilliant in 3D), last time I played a game like this was Neverwinter Nights and that's a good few years back. Sure makes a big change from the FPS.

Think I'll be getting myself Guild Wars 2 next :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

whats the story with this crazy stutter I'm getting in game?

I haven't played that much since I finished normal on release. My spec is:
    - CPU: Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz Clarkdale overclocked to 4.20GHz
    - RAM: Geil Value 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
    - Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 "Modern Warfare 2" 1024MB GDDR5

• Advertisement

Try turning off the max background FPS setting in the options menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kirby wrote: »
    Just to put forth a contrasting opinion, take your time on normal. It's the best part of the game. Don't rush it. All the content is fresh and new and you can enjoy the story and the thrill of exploring dungeons and new areas.

That thrill will be gone soon as You will be re-running the same content 900 times so just enjoy it while you can.

Have been considering buying this, I think you just made my mind up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

First play through was great. Its just collecting dust now after only 3 months.

A solid 12-20 hours game play if you don't rush it. Anyone who says different is a crazed lunatic yokel slack-jawed farmer :P

Taylor365 wrote: »
    First play through was great. Its just collecting dust now after only 3 months.

A solid 12-20 hours game play if you don't rush it. Anyone who says different is a crazed lunatic yokel slack-jawed farmer :P

You don't buy a farm, tractor and a shovel if you don't expect to farm. Just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hellboy99 wrote: »

Try turning off the max background FPS setting in the options menu.

I messed around with them and got it sorted. I also enable triple buffering through my card so that seems to make it run better.

It was like the recent wow patch. FPS sky rocketing all over the place.

Well well well!!

Some really interesting updates to D3 announced today!!!!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5871624/Patch_105_Sneak_Peek-13_09_2012
    We’ll have articles in the coming days providing all the details on the upcoming patch, but we wanted to give you a sneak peek at what major features to expect.

Defensive Skill Changes
    In our eternal quest to promote build diversity; we’ll be making changes to defensive skills across the board while simultaneously reducing incoming damage. The net result is a survivability buff for players, and an increase in build options as defensive abilities become less “mandatory.”

New Event: Infernal Machine
    The Infernal Machine is a device that will allow level-60 players to battle “uber” versions of some of Sanctuary’s most nefarious bosses. While the rewards for defeating these bosses will be great, some assembly is required.

New System: Monster Power
    Similar to the “Players 8” command in Diablo II, the Monster Power system is designed to give players more control over how challenging enemies are in each difficulty.

This and more is coming in Patch 1.0.5! Stay tuned for all the gory details.

Sweet!! Was hoping that something like the Infernal Machine would come out!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Sweet!! Was hoping that something like the Infernal Machine would come out!

I reckon myself, you and Nix need to gear up for this and set our skills so we can work in a group faster than our regular runs at the moment

Yup deffo, saving up for 20 attack speed dead mans & a better bow so that will help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Monster Power will be great. Everyone can adjust the difficulty to their ability...and the rewards. I only ever played D2 with the /player 8 command active. It made for a nice challenge.

Advertisement