Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yup it is, its brings in monster power levels 1-10 & it also brings in the infernal machine which is an item you can craft that brings you to zones with very powerful versions of the bosses in game.

For farming purposes, presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

To farm what?

5 months no set/legendary items.

..i don't even

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Taylor365 wrote: »
    To farm what?

5 months no set/legendary items.

..i don't even

Well the rate for those to drop has now been doubled, That along with all the other forms of magic find(Paragon levels and Monster Power) mean you have a much higher chance of getting them.

To farm for the materials required to make a hellfire ring.

hellfire.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well the rate for those to drop has now been doubled, That along with all the other forms of magic find(Paragon levels and Monster Power) mean you have a much higher chance of getting them.
    hellfire.png
    A higher chance of zero is still zero.

DIII Limited Edition - A Great Door Stop

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i was a bit too brave lol. went with MP4 in to act 1 inferno lol. I am waaaay to weak for that ****! :D

is there a chart somewhere on how much drop improve with each MP?

• Advertisement

well i was a bit too brave lol. went with MP4 in to act 1 inferno lol. I am waaaay to weak for that ****! :D

is there a chart somewhere on how much drop improve with each MP?

diablo-3-monster-power-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

To be fair, this is only going to make the richer players richer!

I had hoped to come back to D3 to check this out but there's too many good games on the go at the monent. I'll probably jump in to see if I can solo MP10 out of curiosity!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Big Knox wrote: »
    To be fair, this is only going to make the richer players richer!

I had hoped to come back to D3 to check this out but there's too many good games on the go at the monent.

This. I've hoped for a reason to come back and get my 54 char to 60 and go from there. If it's just more of the same, just more difficult... nah. I'm good.

But Diablo was always about spending hundreds of hours farming, Why did you buy the game when you didn't want to do just that?:P

Also, MP isn't going to make a difference to the rich players, The fact they have the best gear possible will. Higher MP is much less efficient than farming on the lower levels, If you are not 1 shotting the white mobs then you need to lower the MP otherwise you are wasting time.

MP was introduced in an attempt to bring challenge and a sense of progression back into the game(Which was lost once you could cakewalk Act4 Inferno).

But Diablo was always about spending hundreds of hours farming, Why did you buy the game when you didn't want to do just that?:P

Also, MP isn't going to make a difference to the rich players, The fact they have the best gear possible will. Higher MP is much less efficient than farming on the lower levels, If you are not 1 shotting the white mobs then you need to lower the MP otherwise you are wasting time.

MP was introduced in an attempt to bring challenge and a sense of progression back into the game(Which was lost once you could cakewalk Act4 Inferno).

I've spent thousands of hours farming in Diablo and D2. In D3 instead of farming in game I was farming the AH and making a much much higher profit from it. Was solo farming Act3 before any of the nerfs but I just didn't need or want to due to the AH. It ruined the experience for me.

Playing torchlight2 since has just highlighted even more how much they got wrong and how much they changed that they didn't need to! Torchlight is simply a better game, with loot, skill progression and stat allocation closer to Diablos roots.

As you can probably guess I'm really not a fan of Jay Wilson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I've started playing again since they changed a few things. For one, there's actually a decent chance of useful loot dropping now, with 2-3 legendaries or set items dropping per day. So it's viable to play without using the AH.

I leveled up a Barbarian and have to admit it's a lot more fun. It's great that I can use the Monster Power feature to set the game a reasonable difficulty. Not too easy that I get bored, but not so hard that it's frustrating. It even works in Multiplayer now.

With just 2 items purchased from the AH, my Barbarian is like this now:
    GYkinMwl.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must get back into this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got back into it recently myself but enjoy torchlight 2 and path of exile a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is this still full price everywhere or has it dropped yet? Has it changed much since the release version that people weren't happy with?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

For me Path of Exile completely blows this out of the water. So many more features & end game content in it that you would expect of Diablo 3.

I came back to diablo 3 last month. Loving it. Got barb to paragon 31. Farmed easily act 3 MP3. Yesterday finally got witch doctor to 60 and today got few items and build polished up. So only paragon 3 now. Still did not cleared inferno, but clearing it easy on mp2 so far. Considering my gear is still very cheap.

I tried path of exile and it had some good ideas,but diablo 3 is just a lot more fun for me and feels a lot better. Diablo 3 came a long way since release and each patch makes it better and better. 300h in and it will be more.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    For me Path of Exile completely blows this out of the water. So many more features & end game content in it that you would expect of Diablo 3.

I have to completely agree. Diablo3 is nothing more than a polished turd. As ARPG's go, D3 is like a childrens game compared to the depth, build customisation and itemisation of PoE!

Diablo2 is still the king but PoE has made amazing ground so far and it's not even near an official release as of yet. The constant patches with skills and uniques being added every week is just fantastic work from GGG and if they keep it up and give us all the additional acts they are promising it could very well take the crown from D2... :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah those new skills....Whirlwind...got my HC Marauder killed :(

Lads, if you really hate D3 so much, why you bother coming here and **** on it?
    I did not bind with path of exile, but you don't see me ****ing on it in path of exile thread?
    I am happy you found a game you enjoy, but this moaning starting to get a bit old.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's the Diablo 3 discussion thread. Of course people are going to talk about it, and recommend better (in their opinion) games. Especially considering how disappointed a lot of people are with it.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    It's the Diablo 3 discussion thread. Of course people are going to talk about it, and recommend better (in their opinion) games. Especially considering how disappointed a lot of people are with it.

One thing is to mention other game and other thing detailing it in to other game discussion. I see here more about path of exile then Diablo 3.
    If you want to discuss path of exile, thn feel free to go to path of exile thread and do that.

It's the same as me going to cod forum and say: "lads, call of duty is ****, there are a lot of better option then it. Go play bf3 and don't waste time with ****y cod".

There are games who don't like D3 and are people who do like D3. There are people who like path of exile and other who don't. Though path of exile fans really really really love to moan about D3 and constantly list why path of exile better in D3 thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I guess more people will be in the Diablo 3 thread, as it's a massive IP and would have a bigger name. People come in here, see quite a lot of people disappointed with it, and see a lot of praise of PoE. It's pretty handy to know that a f2p game is as good (or better in some peoples opionions) then Diablo 3.

I don't play either anymore, and probably preferred Diablo 3 while i was playing it.

Kiith wrote: »
    I guess more people will be in the Diablo 3 thread, as it's a massive IP and would have a bigger name. People come in here, see quite a lot of people disappointed with it, and see a lot of praise of PoE. It's pretty handy to know that a f2p game is as good (or better in some peoples opionions) then Diablo 3.

I don't play either anymore, and probably preferred Diablo 3 while i was playing it.

It is still the same as going to Starcraft 2 and talk how good C&C red alert is, because there is bigger community in Starcraft 2 thread, then red alert one.

I am happy they like path of exile, but if they want to discuss it, then there is a thread for it.

The sad thing is, it is not even discussion. It's just glorifying path of exile and ****ting on D3. That's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

it is not even discussion. It's just glorifying path of exile and ****ting on D3. That's it.

And rightly so.

Sorry shadow but I hold the right to discuss D3 and compare it to other games in the genre whether that be good or bad.

I'm calling D3 exactly what I feel it is. Irregardless of PoE I would be in here voicing my opinion. It's something I feel strongly about as it's probably my most anticipated game of all time and has been definitely the biggest disappointment for me.

I will of course draw comparisons with PoE, they are the two biggest ARPG's of the past number of years and comparisons are to be expected as the genre has been quite stale for a long time. If mine seem strong worded well that's because it's exactly how I feel about the games.

PoE was designed to cater for the D2 fans of old, most of which felt severely let down with the many terrible design and dev decisions that plague D3 and the frankly terrible decisions which pulled it away from its roots and caused the game to fail so hard.

With so much of D2 evident and alive in PoE and the current state of D3, comparisons will be drawn for a long time I'm afraid so I would get used to it!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Sorry shadow but I hold the right to discuss D3 and compare it to other games in the genre whether that be good or bad.

I'm calling D3 exactly what I feel it is. Irregardless of PoE I would be in here voicing my opinion. It's something I feel strongly about as it's probably my most anticipated game of all time and has been definitely the biggest disappointment for me.

I will of course draw comparisons with PoE, they are the two biggest ARPG's of the past number of years and comparisons are to be expected as the genre has been quite stale for a long time. If mine seem strong worded well that's because it's exactly how I feel about the games.

PoE was designed to cater for the D2 fans of old, most of which felt severely let down with the many terrible design and dev decisions that plague D3 and the frankly terrible decisions which pulled it away from its roots and caused the game to fail so hard.

With so much of D2 evident and alive in PoE and the current state of D3, comparisons will be drawn for a long time I'm afraid so I would get used to it!

I am a huge fan of D2 and PoE does feck all to me. I find Diablo 3 in current state a lot more fun and better.

You can compare as much as you want, but then again we might as well call this D3 vs PoE thread then, because thats all i hear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

D3 is fun for a while on and off where as Torchlight 2 and Path Of Exile are fun non stop.
    I could debate all day why this is for me but more than anything else its the infinite replayability.
    Torchlight 2 has NG+ and maps,thanks to synergies mod it has raid content and new classes.
    POE has a fantastic maps system.
    Both games have genuine randomly generated content too, so for example you play a map that has stats connected to it of say

+15%electric damage to all mobs
    +5% magic find
    +10% elemental damage to all players

Each time you play this map it will have these stats but the layout,loot etc will be totally different.
    All D3 has is the same levels over and over and over and over again.

Dont get me wrong i thoroughly enjoyed leveling up in D3 but once you finish the story every level after that is just the same with increased mob health,damage etc.
    I think i was lvl 30 or so when i got to the end of the story then it was just grinding of acts over and over again to 60 and now after 60 its the paragon system which is practically the same over and over again.
    Im sorry but that gets very tiresome for me very quick,each to their own and all that but nobody can debate in favour of D3 compared to T2 and POE for replayability and content.

Forgot to say i still enjoy D3 to a certain extent, mainly the on-the-fly skills system.
    Sometimes ill boot up the game to try out a new build and the class can feel and play very different.

Dcully wrote: »
    D3 is fun for a while on and off where as Torchlight 2 and Path Of Exile are fun non stop.
    I could debate all day why this is for me but more than anything else its the infinite replayability.
    Torchlight 2 has NG+ and maps,thanks to synergies mod it has raid content and new classes.
    POE has a fantastic maps system.
    Both games have genuine randomly generated content too, so for example you play a map that has stats connected to it of say

+15%electric damage to all mobs
    +5% magic find
    +10% elemental damage to all players

Each time you play this map it will have these stats but the layout,loot etc will be totally different.
    All D3 has is the same levels over and over and over and over again.

Dont get me wrong i thoroughly enjoyed leveling up in D3 but once you finish the story every level after that is just the same with increased mob health,damage etc.
    I think i was lvl 30 or so when i got to the end of the story then it was just grinding of acts over and over again to 60 and now after 60 its the paragon system which is practically the same over and over again.
    Im sorry but that gets very tiresome for me very quick,each to their own and all that but nobody can debate in favour of D3 compared to T2 and POE for replayability and content.

Forgot to say i still enjoy D3 to a certain extent, mainly the on-the-fly skills system.
    Sometimes ill boot up the game to try out a new build and the class can feel and play very different.

I dont have problem with people liking the or disliking the game. I have a problem with "fanboism" and this is what i see here now. Come to think of it what i see here from some people is as bad as Cod vs BF fanboism.
    As i said before, i am glad when people find the game they love and enjoy. Though what is happening here starts to get silly.
    Some people fired up diablo 3 on launch, got pissed of its not a diablo 2.1.1. Threw a few "blizzard are assholes" post on Blizzard forums and went other ways. Fair enough. Blizzard did not made it self any favours to it self with game launched incomplete and way over untested.
    Now a year later we got a good few patches, which made diablo 3 a lot more enjoyable and fun. A lot of class rebalances, item rebalances, made crafting interesting, added infernal machine. Huge difficulty range and a lot of other stuff. It is getting there. I do respect it for being Diablo 3, not diablo 2.1 too.
    Your proper fanboy, did not even bothered to try Diablo 3 now, but still is a very strong "Moaner club member" and will Mix Diablo 3 with ****. Yes, it is an opinion. We all have right to it, but they forget that there are people who enjoy Diablo 3 as a game.
    I Love Diablo 3 as it is now. I am happy to play it again. I am happy there is PoE game out there, which gives different experience to the same genre.
    I am very happy that we have 2 different flavoured Pies and i can choose to eat the one I like.
    What I dont Like, is that a fan of other Pie is coming to my favourite Coffee shop and constantly telling me how My pie is ****, and i should like the other Pie instead. All i want to say is, just go and eat the pie you like and leave me alone. ( sorry, i went a bit OT with this example, I like Pie! :P )

Gaming is becoming worse then Music Snobbery. "You do like those sound in your ear? Well those are wrong sounds, you should like these sounds instead!"

I Personally have a lot of reasons, why i Prefer D3 over PoE. I choose the game I like and I respect other gamers choice. Though I always forget that i am on "internet"... :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Now a year later we got a good few patches, which made diablo 3 a lot more enjoyable and fun. A lot of class rebalances, item rebalances, made crafting interesting, added infernal machine. Huge difficulty range and a lot of other stuff. It is getting there. I do respect it for being Diablo 3, not diablo 2.1 too.

You respect Diablo 3 for being its own game, yet you did not respect RE6 and DS3 for being there own games. You implied DS3 wasn't a true DS game.
    Your proper fanboy, did not even bothered to try Diablo 3 now, but still is a very strong "Moaner club member" and will Mix Diablo 3 with ****. Yes, it is an opinion. We all have right to it, but they forget that there are people who enjoy Diablo 3 as a game.

A previous post of yours in another thread.
    And yes, Dead space and Resident evil went to ****.

You quickly admitted in the same thread to not having played RE6 and I know when you posted that you hadn't played Dead Space 3 either.

A little hypocritical don't you think?.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    You respect Diablo 3 for being its own game, yet you did not respect RE6 and DS3 for being there own games. You implied DS3 wasn't a true DS game.

A previous post of yours in another thread.

You quickly admitted in the same thread to not having played RE6 and I know when you posted that you hadn't played Dead Space 3 either.

A little hypocritical don't you think?.

Completely changing the genre is one thing. Making same genre with different taste is a completely different thing. If there would be an alternative to RE6 and DS3 then then we could talk.

Are you stalking me with resident evil thing? Because I feel like you sitting in a bush and fallowing my comments and then bring some old shiet. It's actually not the first time I see you get stuck with me. Do you have some issues with me m8? So instead of playing this bull**** up and down game just get to the point?

Advertisement