Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Completely changing the genre is one thing. Making same genre with different taste is a completely different thing. If there would be an alternative to RE6 and DS3 then then we could talk.

Are you stalking me with resident evil thing? Because I feel like you sitting in a bush and fallowing my comments and then bring some old shiet. It's actually not the first time I see you get stuck with me. Do you have some issues with me m8? So instead of playing this bull**** up and down game just get to the point?

On your fist point why do you get to decide what is a signficant or acceptable change to a game series is and others do not? I'm sure some long time Diablo fans feel some of the changes in 3 are pretty significant and affected the game negatively.

On your second point your on a public forum, post hypocritical comments and you can be called on it.

Nice dodge by the way!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You have a problem with me, them Pm me, love. Don't just fallow my posts and pick on words. I see you doing it.

If I would be still going on re6 threads and constantly talk on how bad and **** it is, then you can call me a hypocritical. From what I can remember I haven't been there for ages.

So like I said, if you got something personal to discuss, you are welcome to pm me, other then that, I would suggest kindly fecking off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

On a lighter note: some guy found an echoing fury a long time ago and it sold for €7,000 or so.

Some other guy found a very similar one, and it's been estimated to be worth 40 billion gold.
    that's the equivilant of €10,000 based on gold prices on the RMAH.. (which still sell very often btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I like both games (D3/PoE). Both have different appeals i find, D3 is all about the AH.. you aren't searching for specific upgrades for yourself while playing.. every item is a potential upgrade once you sell it etc. I've always found game economies interesting so probably why i played it as much as i have. PoE is much more challenging (Unless you go full retard and follow the easy mode builds that people have come up with) and the economy can be awkward (Its still really nice)... a lot less polished tho.

Torchlight is **** and boring imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

D3 = Arcade game. It's a more casual ARPG. Too casual for many players. I am disappointed with it as I was expecting more from the Diablo francise, but I like it for what it is...an arcade slash em up.

PoE = The most original take on the ARPG Genre since...well, ever. Massive depth, great replayability, immensely fun skill system, lots of randomised content. It's a real gamers game. Not a great fan of the graphics though, but that is minor.

Torchlight 2 = Spiritual successer to D2. I see it as very much a modern D2, with a few new ideas thrown in and more cartoony.

I play all 3, and am glad to be spoilled rotten with choice after so many years of having no decent games in this genre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    I like both games (D3/PoE). Both have different appeals i find, D3 is all about the AH.. you aren't searching for specific upgrades for yourself while playing.. every item is a potential upgrade once you sell it etc. I've always found game economies interesting so probably why i played it as much as i have. PoE is much more challenging (Unless you go full retard and follow the easy mode builds that people have come up with) and the economy can be awkward (Its still really nice)... a lot less polished tho.

Torchlight is **** and boring imo.

Whats so bad about Torchlight 2?

The combat is fantastic,the content is infinite,as has been said here and by many reviewers it really is the spiritual successor to D2.

I agree with what you say about D3 and POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dcully wrote: »

The combat is fantastic,the content is infinite,as has been said here and by many reviewers it really is the spiritual successor to D2.

I donno, i got bored of it incredibly quickly. I just don't like the style of game mostly. It was the same with the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The thing with Diablo 3 that left me slightly bewildered is the replayability. I bought it, played it, finished then went to play it again to level up but lost interest before finishing it for a second time because it was asking me to play the exact same game again. If I want to get to the 'end game' I have to play the exact same game over and over and over again in the hope that something with slightly higher numbers will drop from a boss.

That kind of (lack of) gameplay just leaves me baffled really. I get how it would have been acceptable a decade ago with Diablo II but games have moved on since then and I don't think you can really get away with asking gamers to play through the same game dozens of times and calling it your end-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dcully wrote: »

I really enjoyed TL and TL2, i'm loathe to admit this but i've put way more hours into D3 than both of those combined. As bored of D3 as i am atm, it was worth every red cent i spent on it. That said, TL and TL2 are well worth the pittance they sell for too, plus there are a bunch of pretty decent mods out there for both of them aswell.

The thing with Diablo 3 that left me slightly bewildered is the replayability. I bought it, played it, finished then went to play it again to level up but lost interest before finishing it for a second time because it was asking me to play the exact same game again. If I want to get to the 'end game' I have to play the exact same game over and over and over again in the hope that something with slightly higher numbers will drop from a boss.

That kind of (lack of) gameplay just leaves me baffled really. I get how it would have been acceptable a decade ago with Diablo II but games have moved on since then and I don't think you can really get away with asking gamers to play through the same game dozens of times and calling it your end-game.

Hmm..D2 had a lot less content. It did have more re-playability in that if you want to try new skills, you had to roll a new character. I think I put about 4000+ hours into that (I used to work 11 hour night shift with no work to do..so we had lan parties in work).

D3 looses a lot as there is absolutely no point in having a 2nd character of the same type. So once you get each of the classes to max level and good enough gear to handle any mobs...well, there's no reason to continue. Saying that, I've put in 320+ hours so far. And that's a hell of a lot more than you get from most modern games.

What D3 is really missing...the thing that would make it great, is support for player Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. The game should have been twice as long as it was.

Running through the game for the first time on normal was thrilling and exciting. Doing you 8,567th run of inferno act 3 is not.

I have issues with the Auction House stifling the urge of finding good loot because you can just buy it, but thats another topic really. The crux of it was that diablo3 was just too short. They should be releasing DLC packs of new areas to keep people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was kinda hoping with the introduction of the AH abomination and the extra cash that would have brought in that Blizz would have done some content patches, like adding more stories/scenarios to make it more fun and less grindy.. etc

Majority of content/updates added to date however just seems like efforts to balance the game around the auction house. the game however will always suffer with the stupid AH..

All this talk of Diablo 3 is making me want to play again..However ive max leveled pretty much all characters except witch doctor. Id need more content...any sign of an expansion on the horizon???

Who am i kidding??...Its blizz.....be a few years :(

ah nix... come back and play with me :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You Still playing Royal? How's the DH going? Went on a while ago & it seems my Wizard is still good, my DH is however not at all :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    You Still playing Royal? How's the DH going? Went on a while ago & it seems my Wizard is still good, my DH is however not at all :P

Well I showed him how to properly play WW barb and now he dumped DH like a Saturday night one night stand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

But i dont know what class to play if i do come back! :(

Have they unnerfed the pony level yet or is it still ****?

ktulu you making a return?? :D

Might do at some stage, every time I try to get back into it now I just get bored too quick :(

need to play in a group like old times... we had good craic. uber runs are pretty decent.

well we could do a small group in fairness. Surely you will be just baby sitting us! :D

Gonna play some now if you lads are around

• Advertisement

Well, I love WD lads. I played a bit with items and on a very "budget" like items I manages one mean killer. I can farm inferno act 3 mp 3 very easy with her. I had to put a lot more money in to barb just to be able to do that.

even so her stats would not be ground breaking. "teddy bear" specs just Works lol! :P

Well, I love WD lads. I played a bit with items and on a very "budget" like items I manages one mean killer. I can farm inferno act 3 mp 3 very easy with her. I had to put a lot more money in to barb just to be able to do that.

even so her stats would not be ground breaking. "teddy bear" specs just Works lol! :P

Resource regen is still too slow on WD for my liking. It's still the most restricted class for viable builds I think.

Resource regen is still too slow on WD for my liking. It's still the most restricted class for viable builds I think.

Hmmm I find my mana levels be quite stable, even with spamming "Teddy bears". I do have 4 set bonus from zunimassa set. I could squize more dps, but that would mean losing the bonus. I need to test it, how bad it will get if I lose it, but I am pretty sure it keeps the balance up with my current low gear.

As for viable builds. I am not the expert in that, though I did notice a bigger range of builds for WD, then for example barb. I want to try out full pet build, but will need to do more research on it.

Still can't get enough of it tbh. Finding new sets that work amazingly well with different builds.

Currently having so much fun playing barb in mp10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

wonder how this will fair on the ps4 ?? any pc players of the game got any ideas how it will be ??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's looking like the console versions will be the better option. There's no real auction money house and they'll have local multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

It's looking like the console versions will be the better option. There's no real auction money house and they'll have local multiplayer.

have a run of the mill laptop, but would love to play the likes of this, total war and company of heroes, hopefully the ps4( which Ill be buying on launch) will be able to have these sort of games...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    have a run of the mill laptop, but would love to play the likes of this, total war and company of heroes, hopefully the ps4( which Ill be buying on launch) will be able to have these sort of games...

Total war and Company of heroes will be PC exclusives. You can count on that. I could maybe see CoH getting a console release someday but Total war is far too complicated to work with a controller.

It strikes me as somewhat ironic that the console port of DiabloIII is going to turn out to be the best version. Go figure. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Re-Installed this on a whim 2 days ago and did some MP1 Act 1 runs on my WD. After about 7 hours of play i found 2 Legendary Belts and some minor upgrades for my WD.

Today i checked the AH for a laugh and was shocked to see what 500k Gold could buy me. I'm now almost full Legendary and running MP5 no problem. I also have no desire to play the game anymore...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Re-Installed this on a whim 2 days ago and did some MP1 Act 1 runs on my WD. After about 7 hours of play i found 2 Legendary Belts and some minor upgrades for my WD.

Today i checked the AH for a laugh and was shocked to see what 500k Gold could buy me. I'm now almost full Legendary and running MP5 no problem. I also have no desire to play the game anymore...:(

If you're looking for an ARPG to get some mileage out of you should definitely check out Path of Exile. I've put a crazy amount of hours into it and highly recommend it. A lot to learn and take in but very rewarding once it all clicks!

Advertisement