Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like they've nailed the console version. 91% average on Metacritic at the moment (360).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/diablo-iii (360)
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/diablo-iii (PS3)

Out next Tuesday.

It's a perfectly dumbed down game for consoles. Almost like it was designed for consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wonder will the console versions have hardcore as offline. I've lost so many barbs to random lag, both my own and blizzards servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Only 5 review in so far, but all have been very favourable

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/29/diablo-3-review-round-up-get-all-the-scores-here/

For anyone who hates the auction house, supposedly the new loot system that come with the Reaper of Souls expansion is gonna make the player far less dependent on the auction house.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/30/diablo-3s-new-loot-system-designed-to-cut-the-legs-from-the-auction-house/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I will definitely reinstall the game if the loot system is changed and AH dependency removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The console version of Diablo III will not include a gold or Real-Money Auction House, but players will still be able to exchange items with others during play.

If you're interested in finding out more, we suggest checking out some of the interviews we hosted at PAX East. You can find links to many of them in our

Looks like a PS3 version of diablo 3 is a must buy for me now... It might bring back the actuall trading mechanic in to a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The console version of Diablo III will not include a gold or Real-Money Auction House, but players will still be able to exchange items with others during play.

If you're interested in finding out more, we suggest checking out some of the interviews we hosted at PAX East. You can find links to many of them in our

Looks like a PS3 version of diablo 3 is a must buy for me now... It might bring back the actuall trading mechanic in to a game?

Yeah looks great, but i would much rather play Diablo with a mouse and keyboard. Roll on expansion and lets see if Blizzard can reclaim the hack n slash genre from Grinding Gear Games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Xenji wrote: »
    For anyone who hates the auction house, supposedly the new loot system that come with the Reaper of Souls expansion is gonna make the player far less dependent on the auction house.

is that a general update or do you have to buy the expansion?I still have a bitter taste left in my mouth after paying full whack for the game when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think that's the general update that's coming out at the same time as the expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Is any body picking this up for the xbox?

• Advertisement

keelanj69 wrote: »

I was looking to pick it up on ps3, but there will be ps4 version too, so it will be a bit of waste, so I decided to pick it up later on on next gen.

I was looking to pick it up on ps3, but there will be ps4 version too, so it will be a bit of waste, so I decided to pick it up later on on next gen.

I'm not up to date on info in regards ps4 but are they doing a 10e upgrade thing from ps3 games to ps4?

Like battlefield, cod etc.

I'm not up to date on info in regards ps4 but are they doing a 10e upgrade thing from ps3 games to ps4?

Like battlefield, cod etc.

Well they do for only some games. Its not sony or MS that doing it, its some publishers who decide to give that. If I knew you could get ps3 version and upgrade for a tenner then I am up for it.

Its a shame there is no deal for PC version owners...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Pretty sure I will pick this up next weekend on the Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

This is only GBP 35 on Amazon UK at the moment. There doesn't seem to be many releases between now and Xbox One launch so am considering picking it up so I've something to tide me over.

Is it playable as a single player offline game on 360?

This is only GBP 35 on Amazon UK at the moment. There doesn't seem to be many releases between now and Xbox One launch so am considering picking it up so I've something to tide me over.

Is it playable as a single player offline game on 360?

Yeah you can play it offline, obviously no access to the Market Place or Battlenet that way, you can also do a 4 play offline co-op on the same console as well.

I'd imagine its hard to find players that dont storm off.

Like playing borderlands and stuffs happening miles away from you :(

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah you can play it offline, obviously no access to the Market Place or Battlenet that way, you can also do a 4 play offline co-op on the same console as well.

There is no market place or AH in diablo 3 console version.

There is no market place or AH in diablo 3 console version.

I know, but you can still trade items with other characters online, so it is like a market place, just not like the auction house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

am in two minds about this game... does anyone know if it is a long game single player?? and is there much depth to the multiplayer???

• Advertisement

You can play it almost indefinitely if you're playing for gear.
    If you're playing just to see the story through to the end, you can expect 4 hours of play, maybe a tad more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You can play it almost indefinitely if you're playing for gear.
    If you're playing just to see the story through to the end, you can expect 4 hours of play, maybe a tad more.

First playthrough takes far more than 4 hours. The first player to complete the game on PC took like 12 hours, and you can be sure he didn't listen to the story / do any of the bonus dungeons etc !

12 hours for one complete run of normal act 1 2 3 and 4? not nightmare, not hell and not inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think I took 6 or 7 hours to do the whole thing on Normal. Maybe a little more.

If a person already asking about how long it will take to finish single player mode, then I would recommend staying away from Diablo, no matter which format.
    Diablo is a loot whore game and it requires you to go and finish same game multiple times. Some parts of the games even hundred of Times. It's not the game about finishing it and putting a "completed" tag on it. As far as I am concerned, I am 250h++ in and I still have not completed the game.

I have yet to see 360 v ps3 comparisons. This is out tomorrow right?

Any prices also?

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Any prices also?

55e in xtravision.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Any prices also?

amazon is your friend: 35£

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

12 hours for one complete run of normal act 1 2 3 and 4? not nightmare, not hell and not inferno.

http://gamepolitics.com/2012/05/15/someone-has-already-beaten-diablo-iii#.UiTHcjYU98E

Im guessing it took that long because the game was very unstable the first few days/weeks.

I think it took me about 9+ hours anyway. Most people i know who played it took maybe 15-20 hours for the first normal run through. Yes you can do it 4-5 hours now after doing it 100 times but i doubt anyone did it in less than 8 hours the first time unless they just went full speed run mode.

• Advertisement

I did it in a lot less than that even with the servers going up and down all day on it's release. I know for certain i was in nightmare on a hardcore barb the second day.

Advertisement