Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

amazon is your friend: 35£
    Thanks but I have two titles to trade. I will chance xtravision. 360 version seems the way to go because you can play custom soundtracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I did it in a lot less than that even with the servers going up and down all day on it's release. I know for certain i was in nightmare on a hardcore barb the second day.

Yeah... except you've posted on this thread that you beat it first with a demon hunter... 3 days after release. Pull the other one.

Fact is, most people took at least 10 hours to beat it the first time and that was with playing pretty efficiently, i doubt many beat it on hardcore for the first playthrough under that, especially with some of the instagibbing elite combo's that weren't yet patched out. I know people like shadow hearth spent much longer as they'd took their time.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-Blizzard-PC-Gaming-7-hours-Korea,15649.html

Not a chance you were even remotely close to that, solo, on hardcore.. no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah... except you've posted on this thread that you beat it first with a demon hunter... 3 days after release. Pull the other one.

Fact is, most people took at least 10 hours to beat it the first time and that was with playing pretty efficiently, i doubt many beat it on hardcore for the first playthrough under that, especially with some of the instagibbing elite combo's that weren't yet patched out. I know people like shadow hearth spent much longer as they'd took their time.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-Blizzard-PC-Gaming-7-hours-Korea,15649.html

Not a chance you were even remotely close to that, solo, on hardcore.. no chance.

Magill, i have no idea what your problem is with me and this game but anytime i bring up something you jump down my throat. Yes i played softcore with a demon hunter, i played hardcore with my barb. So you can take your attitude and shove it.

I got to inferno with my DH first, i lost a load of HC characters before i got to inferno on any. Seriously, is there something wrong with you or do you normally go around jumping down on people posts.. or is it just mine?
    And why do i have to even explain to you or anyone else the in's and out's of my opinion of how long it takes to complete 4 acts on normal? I'm sorry we cant all be as leet as you with whatever it is you do in Diablo 3. I'm not about to have a pissing contest with you or anyone else. You can either accept my opinion and discuss your point or mine without the vitriolic elitist attitude or ignore my posts from here on. I know i'll be ignoring any attitude from you henceforth.

Edit: Also, i'd suggest if you do have a problem with me you pm me and discuss like a civil person.

Magill, i have no idea what your problem is with me and this game but anytime i bring up something you jump down my throat. Yes i played softcore with a demon hunter, i played hardcore with my barb. So you can take your attitude and shove it.

I got to inferno with my DH first, i lost a load of HC characters before i got to inferno on any. Seriously, is there something wrong with you or do you normally go around jumping down on people posts.. or is it just mine?

huh ? When else have i shoved something down your throat ? Just found it a bit strange that you finished normal far faster on hardcore than the first guy to finish the game at all on softcore.
    Just finished it on hardcore normal, with a demonhunter! By far the most fun to play for me.

It doesn't even matter, just thought it would be good to give someone who hasn't played the game before a realistic estimate of gameplay length because 4 hours was well off.

p.s Why are you getting all excited for ? lol, you'd swear i've actually given you **** before or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thanks but I have two titles to trade. I will chance xtravision. 360 version seems the way to go because you can play custom soundtracks.

Are you using one of the trade in offers? Was looking to see whether Gamestop or Xtravision were doing one but nothing on their facebook pages yet

• Advertisement

huh ? When else have i shoved something down your throat ? Just found it a bit strange that you finished normal far faster on hardcore than the first guy to finish the game at all on softcore.

It doesn't even matter, just thought it would be good to give someone who hasn't played the game before a realistic estimate of gameplay length because 4 hours was well off.

p.s Why are you getting all excited for ? lol, you'd swear i've actually given you **** before or something..

You have Magill, and i suggest you stop.

Just finished it on hardcore normal, with a demonhunter! By far the most fun to play for me.
    yep, and it was more fun than the barb.

You can find it as strange as you like, the game isn't the same as it was back on launch. Yes it was harder, but i still pissed through the four acts in a few hours on normal. How many hours? damned if i remember, it was launch day over a year and half ago. But you can go ahead and cross question me some more there.

You have Magill, and i suggest you stop.

yep, and it was more fun than the barb.

You can find it as strange as you like, the game isn't the same as it was back on launch. Yes it was harder, but i still pissed through the four acts in a few hours on normal. How many hours? damned if i remember, it was launch day over a year and half ago. But you can go ahead and cross question me some more there.

Ok, i honestly have nothing against you nor can i remember any other post i replied to... you are nothign more than another poster to me... if i have had a discussion with you in the past it is merely coincidence.. trust me.

Exactly my point, it was over a year since you first played teh game. I posted proof of how fast people actually completed the game in, all i meant by it was that there is more to a single playthorough than a mere 4 hours which im sure would put someone off the game... no need to sh!t yourself about it.

Ok, i honestly have nothing against you nor can i remember any other post i replied to... you are nothign more than another poster to me... if i have had a discussion with you in the past it is merely coincidence.. trust me.

Fair enough

TheGunns wrote: »
    Are you using one of the trade in offers? Was looking to see whether Gamestop or Xtravision were doing one but nothing on their facebook pages yet
    Wasn't aware of any offer, I just have two games to trade not sure if I will get much for em. Borderlands 2 & Doom 3 BFG x360

*Called them there and to confirm the games above are included in the 4.99 deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Can't see the appeal to this game on the console apart from the lack of AH and RMAH.

I love it on the PC, and I think it's a very suitable game for keyboard and mouse. The thoughts of a controller just makes me sad. Guess I'll need to find someone with it and test it but for me, Diablo is always a PC based game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can't see the appeal to this game on the console apart from the lack of AH and RMAH.

I love it on the PC, and I think it's a very suitable game for keyboard and mouse. The thoughts of a controller just makes me sad. Guess I'll need to find someone with it and test it but for me, Diablo is always a PC based game.

I've played numerous hack and slashers on consoles before, no problem - I just hope the controls would be similar to those :o

Anyways - primarily getting it to play it in coop with me mates on the big tele. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Giving it a bash as we speak. Its a pity there is no basic attack as standard for when you just want to run in.

Currently a WD with a big spear and shield. Hunched over like yer man out if 300 :D

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Giving it a bash as we speak. Its a pity there is no basic attack as standard for when you just want to run in.

Currently a WD with a big spear and shield. Hunched over like yer man out if 300 :D

How's the controls ? Ordered mine online off Amazon, so won't be in the post til later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Also waiting on the console version.

Do I need to learn about Builds or can I just do a quick build then respec later? Anyone know any good sites for general game info, I had a look around but I'm not sure if they just relate to the PC version or not. I havent really done any homework on this game. It just sounded fun.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Probably best to not worry about builds until you need to. Playing through the game, you're introduced to each new upgrade as you level. So you pretty much just use whatever you last unlocked. Then once you're far enough into the game, you'll know what your preferences are. It won't be until you unlock the harder difficulties that builds come into play. That's in my experience, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I **** you not, but my Diablo carrier started on PS1 with Diablo 1. I loved it.I played a lot coop with my class mates.
    I can already see Diablo 3 being a lot of fun on console as you dont have AH, but you have a marketplaces. Then you can play up to 4 people on one console. I can really see it being a lot of fun playing with buddy at home.

I really hope they will bring a special mode ( like hardcore ) on PC, which removes AH and gives marketplace spots for trading with other places. If they do it, then I am all over Diablo 3 again.

So yeah, I am still not sure if I will be getting it on ps3 as it does come out on ps4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

BeerWolf wrote: »
    How's the controls ? Ordered mine online off Amazon, so won't be in the post til later this week.

They are ok actually. You get the hang of it after a while. Having problems with this much celebrated new inventory though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

meh. I'm sticking to PC :p

I'm rich there and I don't wanna go back to being broke :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A lot of previews saying the joypad actually works better with the game then the mouse and keyboard did. If that's true (i'd be skeptical) and there's an offline mode, then it's pretty clear this would be the better version of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Kiith wrote: »
    A lot of previews saying the joypad actually works better with the game then the mouse and keyboard did. If that's true (i'd be skeptical) and there's an offline mode, then it's pretty clear this would be the better version of the game.
    The same way a joypad is far superior to mosue and keyboard for First Person Shooters I'm sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Anyone knows how much is it in extra vision and in gamestop?

Previous page will give you the answers!

€54.97

I've pre-ordered off Amazon for €49.60 - save yourself €5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

BeerWolf wrote: »
    €54.97

I've pre-ordered off Amazon for €49.60 - save yourself €5.

I ordered mine on Amazon for GBP35 on Monday. Expect to arrive today.
    looks like they've upped the xbox price since but PS3 still GBP 35.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Taylor365 wrote: »
    The same way a joypad is far superior to mosue and keyboard for First Person Shooters I'm sure :rolleyes:

Has anyone, ever, said a joypad is better for a FPS? Totally different for this.

How do position spells work ? Like a lot of the wizzard spells (Hydra, blizzard etc). Other than that, i'd imagine it would work quite well with a controller as you only really need 4 buttons for spells.. guessing the back buttons ? and direction which i remember people wanting a gamepad for in the beginning anyway.

How do position spells work ? Like a lot of the wizzard spells (Hydra, blizzard etc). Other than that, i'd imagine it would work quite well with a controller as you only really need 4 buttons for spells.. guessing the back buttons ? and direction which i remember people wanting a gamepad for in the beginning anyway.

Hydra places about 10-15 feet from your character in the direction you're pointing, as far as I've seen. LB (or L1 for you PS3ers) is health potion and everything else is a spell, but with 'elective mode' on you can bind any spell/attack to any button.

I've played Diablo 2 on PC and I can confirm that the controller actually feels a hell of a lot more natural to play with. They really did a fantastic job with the menu's etc, it's all very intuitive after just a little bit of play time.

Oh, and the multiplayer works a treat. Really fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I walked into Gamestop at lunchtime with the full intention of picking this up, but I balked at the €60 price tag.

I'll bide my time and wait for a better price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Mr E wrote: »
    I walked into Gamestop at lunchtime with the full intention of picking this up, but I balked at the €60 price tag.

I'll bide my time and wait for a better price.

ye its not a game id be willing to pay €60 for but I plan on taking advantage of the xtra vision trade in deal to get it for €5

Advertisement