Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rfd

Options
  • 09-12-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Form%207.pdf/Files/Form%207.pdf

If you look at the form above you will see there are two options A & B

A being firearms and ammunition and B being, sale and purchase of ammunition for shotguns, unrifled airguns and rifled firearms of a caliber not exceeding .22 inches.

My question is, does option B include ammunition such as .220swift, .22 hornet, .223 etc or is it just rimfire ammunition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

linky no worky

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

should work now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My question is, does option B include ammunition such as .220swift, .22 hornet, .223 etc or is it just rimfire ammunition?

I actually asked about this about a year ago. I was told that;
    • Firearms and Ammunition license entitles you to sell all ammo, firearms, etc. You must have a full RFD license which costs (IIRC) €1,500, and meet a crap load of safety storage requirements such as monitiored alarm, back up panic button, gun vault that meets certain construction standards, etc. IOW what you see when you go to a firearms dealer.
    • Ammunition license entitles you to sell cartridges, and ammo up to but not exceeding .22 caliber rimfire only. The license is something like €50, and the storage facilities are close to but do not meet the same as a full dealer. All you have to do is make sure the are where the ammo is stored is secure.
    Ourselves, and another two surrounding gun clubs were playing with the idea of setting up our own "dealers" for ammo only to bulk buy ammo for our clubs, and possibly surrounding ones if they wanted to chip in later. The cost of the ammo would be trade. However with the requirments needed, the money involved, location, maintaining the premises, etc it kinda faded away.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement