Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa wish list

Options
  • 09-12-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else made a wish list for christmas?

I quite fancy a leatherman Skeletool, I have a habbit of losing my multitools so would come in handy as a backup as I could clip it on to my gear.

Self Sufficiancy books, I would like to start prepairing some of my land in the spring so need to study over the christmas break.

Leather Hat- you know the type, kind of like a cowboy hat but soaks up sweat or keeps the rain off your head and face. Been after one of these for a while but never found quite the right one.

New belt & pouches -My current one is ex British army with a few waterbotle pouches and must be 25 years old now and showing signs of distress. It could be time for molle vest and cammel pak but I dont want tactical looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I have more of an ongoing want list! I've got an LED lenser P7 and P3 coming for christmas, a new bowie knife, and just bought a Maxpedition M1 waist pack from heinnie in the UK.

Next on the list: a leather man wingman and an enzo trapper blade!

Krissovo, check out John Seymor's Complete guide to self sufficiency. It's the only book you'll need for what you've described.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Flux capacitor to reverse out of any SHTF or skip it entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

That none of these scenarios ever happen...But if they do we all with our friends and famllies make it through in one piece.:)

Only the soilder prays hardest for peace.For only he knows the true horrors of war
    Gen Douglas Mac Auther

One to live by methinks.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Leatherman surge, been told by a reliable source (my locl RFD:D) herself was in and left with something nice that i had dropped hints about.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

20 acres of land, with own running water, south facing slope, far enough away from city for safety, preferably already well stocked with coppiced firewood and fruit and nut trees. And a nice big farmshouse in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

bonniebede wrote: »
    20 acres of land, with own running water, south facing slope, far enough away from city for safety, preferably already well stocked with coppiced firewood and fruit and nut trees. And a nice big farmshouse in the middle.
    hope your fella gets a nice christmas bonus:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

hope your fella gets a nice christmas bonus:eek::D

He got incarnated.

bonniebede wrote: »

You don't want to be *too* far away from the city at all.

There is an optimum distance you see. Now I'm not being a mollified townie or a convenience loving Apple fanboy from D4 or anything tis just that..

D'ould post-apocolyptic nights do be getting fierce boring without the odd stray zombie to blast to smiddireens with a dose of #6. The zombies of old would be more prepared to stray out far looking for brains but since the celtic tiger they have become a lazy bunch. The zombieified D4 heads start to tremble when they're still in the general D area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Gimme:
    • A solar charger briefcase
    • Night vision goggles
    • A pocket fishing rod
    • Wind up walkie talkies
    • A slab of army issue pemmican
    • A merlin steadicam
    • One of these
    Come on santa I've been good. Well I haven't not been bad. More or less break even if I has to venture an opinion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Gimme:

I've heard good things about these and considered buying one (may yet do so). I would love to see one in the flesh and try it out.

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I've heard good things about these and considered buying one (may yet do so). I would love to see one in the flesh and try it out.
    I've had the finger hovering over the "buy" button a little too often myself! :D One of the smaller ones would be great for trekking around the lakes in the hills out in Connemara, since they are man-portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Gimme:
    • A solar charger briefcase
    • Night vision goggles
    • A pocket fishing rod
    • Wind up walkie talkies
    • A slab of army issue pemmican
    • A merlin steadicam
    • One of these
    Come on santa I've been good. Well I haven't not been bad. More or less break even if I has to venture an opinion.
    Ive a set of windup pmr446s brand new if your interested in a trade of something for them (always on the look out for something weird and useful:D)

grapeape wrote: »
    Ive a set of windup pmr446s brand new if your interested in a trade of something for them (always on the look out for something weird and useful:D)
    I think we can work something out... maybe in lifeboat survival rations?

http://youtu.be/AC4mYgUz5sk?t=4m52s

Hould that thought for a bit anyways, it'll be after the xmas whatever the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Sunwayman V10R 2012 arrived today, put it away to play with on xmas day. very small but packs a punch. Thanks to SW uk who got a batch back in stock this week. Waiting on the RCR charger and batteries which allow it punch out 460 lumens!

grapeape wrote: »

Diddn't know such a thing actually existed.

A normal solar panel is a lot cheaper per watt than a solar briefcase (usually)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Well, was Santa good to you?

I got the BCB Crusader Cup, lid and the cup holder. But my main item was a Quark AA² Turbo, R5 Edition. I got some funny looks unwrapping that and being so pleased with myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I got a leatherman Crunch and a Gshock very happy with both items :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I've had the finger hovering over the "buy" button a little too often myself! :D One of the smaller ones would be great for trekking around the lakes in the hills out in Connemara, since they are man-portable.

Just watch out for the natives :cool:

Duck hunting eh................................................ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I got a hydration bladder, I was dubious at first but now I am sold on the idea after field testing the last couple of days. It will be part of my belt kit which is soon to become a day sack kit as I am modernizing.

Also got a cool water tight mess tin which will seal in or out. I am not sure about this as the slightest dent will trash the seal but it will become part of my car kit.

Also got a BCB SAS survival tin, it sucks but I will change some stuff around and give it to the misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭waterfordham

krissovo wrote: »
    ..... It will be part of my belt kit which is soon to become a day sack kit as I am modernizing.

Also got a cool water tight mess tin which will seal in or out. I am not sure about this as the slightest dent will trash the seal but it will become part of my car kit.

Where did the mess tin come from? Any chance of seeing pics of the updated day sac?

I got a katadyn basecamp filter with a spare cartridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Might take Santa a few years to save up, but the lotto fairy could certainly help!
    http://www.firstworldliving.com/new/a-first-world-apocalypse/
    project-utopia1-large.jpg
    solar-tent.jpg

Advertisement