Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punkbuster Kicks, lose of packets

Options
  • 09-12-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has this been happening to anyone else ? game ran pretty flawless since launch but last night every 30secs I get kicked, can only play on non punkbuster servers, all 4 of them.
    Lots of threads on line I just want to see have any users here experienced this ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Have you manually updated PB? It's worth a shot.

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Dont that and more, thanks
    Dice dont know what to do either, there kb has just one help me and its download punkbuster and re install, doesnt fix the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

on of our clan members was getting this, and he tried everything.
    asked him if he changed anything, he said i plugged my joystick in.

told him to plug it out for pig iron, well and behold, he stopped getting kicks.

was a weird one

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bazza1love

I know how ya feel 5 days now without my bf3 "Fix"! :(

I had been playing since launch with no probs and i have downloaded the update 4 times!! :mad: i geot a directX error but origin says it completed the update. when i join i get like 30-60 sec then im "kicked". Ea support havent a clue yesterday they told me to open ports when i have been playin(with no prob) for a month. And also to do a clean install(including downoloading the 3.9Gb update for 4th time) with no success.

Today they told me to update direct x even though i had v11 installed on. so he gave me a link for the update and i used it and downloaded the folder which when i opened it the file turned out to be a powerpoint presentation on the release of directX :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

one thing that worked for me on the first patch.

1* **** Origon off

2* copy your BF3 ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3) folder to your desk top.

3* Go to control pannel and uninstall BF3.

4* Copy folder back to ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\)

5* start orogin and click install bf3

should take no more then 20 mins altogether.
    but for me it sorted out shudering and crashes on the Nov 22nd patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Had to go the complete uninstall re-install route and it worked. Not the first time in a BF series Punkbuster screws up

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

stylie wrote: »
    Had to go the complete uninstall re-install route and it worked. Not the first time in a BF series Punkbuster screws up

Yeah, had to do the same thing myself over the weekend. Punkbuster again, fresh re-install seems to do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Was happening to me today but with Bad Company 2. Updated Punkbuster and rebooted then all was well.

Advertisement