Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry Seinfeld - o2 Dublin, May 13th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

im in Block d row 23 for this, anyone know what these seats are like??

amibovered wrote: »
    You would have to be funny to command that kind of cash and althought Seinfeld has earned over $2 Billion dollars in sales for the Show 'Seinfeld' does not make him funny... I have never heard a more boring comedian in my life, and i fail to see what people find funny in him... Now Jason Byrne or Ed Byrne are a completely different story....

Jason Byrne has to be the most pathetic comedian i have ever seen in my whole life. just stands there making stupid faces

i cant look at the clip as im on the work PC. but "talent" i dunno about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

mrmorgan wrote: »
    im in Block d row 23 for this, anyone know what these seats are like??

There's a (not very detailed) seating plan here, will give you an idea of the location - looks like right in the middle towards the front, so great!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788C9CD73D8?artistid=795942&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=51

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

amibovered wrote: »
    I am sure Jason Byrne would agree with you but it is nice to see home grown talent and i find him funnier when he is not necessarily trying to be funny... Check this out of Jason miming in Australia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcKhnTWYLwQ

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Doors are 6.30 anyone know the running order thereafter and expected finish time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

funnyname wrote: »
    Doors are 6.30 anyone know the running order thereafter and expected finish time?

All I know is that Mario Joyner is supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

I'd like to know finishing time too - last Luas leaves the Point at 11pm on Sundays, an hour earlier than other days of the week.
    Maybe they delay that a bit when there's a gig on??

Hopefully we'll get an idea of running time when people report on the Birmingham and Manchester shows on Friday and Saturday - someone's bound to tweet "awesome #Seinfeld gig just finished!" or suchlike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I'd love to be able to go to this, wrong timing

• Advertisement

franer1970 wrote: »
    I'd like to know finishing time too - last Luas leaves the Point at 11pm on Sundays, an hour earlier than other days of the week.
    Maybe they delay that a bit when there's a gig on??

Hopefully we'll get an idea of running time when people report on the Birmingham and Manchester shows on Friday and Saturday - someone's bound to tweet "awesome #Seinfeld gig just finished!" or suchlike.

Here's a GUESS at the times:

Doors are at 6.30.
    Support starts at 8
    Seinfeld - 9.

Finished by 10.15

They'll ensure it's done in time for the LUAS I'm sure. Don't worry, Seinfeld won't pull an Axl Rose on it and come on 2 hours late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Almost all O2 shows have a finish time of 10:30pm.

He only did around 80-90mins in London last year, so it'll be something the same I'd imagine. Shouldn't be any problems getting out in time for transport.

I think MCD usually release times on their site before big events, so should be up there Friday/Saturday.

Posted on Twitter this AM by The NIA (the venue in Birmingham that Mr Seinfeld is playing tonight):

It's Jerry Seinfeld tonight! Approx times are: Doors 6.30pm, Mario Jayner opens 8.05pm, 8.25pm Jerry Seinfeld, End 9.40pm.

MCD mailout says show starts at 8pm sharp in Dublin so I guess it'll be pretty much the same timetable as Birmingham.

Just realised last night that the support act is Maroon Golf!

Just realised last night that the support act is Maroon Golf!

Never mind Maroon Golf, I'm paying to see Black Saab. When I give the signal everybody moon him.:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

If you saw the gig tonight, you'd find this funny in retrospect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

ixoy wrote: »

Funnier than the show 'n all...
    Heh heh heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

how was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Gold Jerry. Pure gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

allanb49 wrote: »
    how was it?

I've been to a lot of stand up gigs over the years. Last night was comfortably the best ever for me. Bold statement but I laughed non stop. I wasn't really ar5ed going yesterday afternoon such was my mood after events in the footie. But he is just a master at what he does and I just love his stlye of observational humour. Warm up was excellent too.
    Admittedly the "encore" was poor but I put that down to the audience and the stupid questions they were shouting up to him. He would have been better off just doing another 5-10 minutes of a routine as opposed to the Q & A bit. But that took nothing away from an evening of pure hilarity. 10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

It takes a serious amount of comedic skill to be that funny without the use of any profanity. Fantastic night.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cb102

Agreed, he was deadly. Top of his game.
    The Q&A was a bit of a dud at the end but the rest was gold. The routine about his kids taking a crap and staring at him was a gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

cb102 wrote: »
    Agreed, he was deadly. Top of his game.
    The Q&A was a bit of a dud at the end but the rest was gold. The routine about his kids taking a crap and staring at him was a gem.

Great gig.

The best thing about the Q&A was the news that he and Larry David are developing a new show together and both of them will be appearing in it.

Can't wait for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It takes a serious amount of comedic skill to be that funny without the use of any profanity. Fantastic night.

This is such a great point. Taking nothing away from comedians who rely heavily on swearing and shock humour but it's refreshing to see a guy like Jerry be able to captivate an audience for 90 minutes based on the material and his polished delivery alone.

That was my second time of seeing Seinfeld and I very much enjoyed it. I saw him a couple of years ago in Vegas where the show was half the length and tickets were twice the price. Still wasn't a long show and the Q&A didn't go well but was a quality show regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

excellent point fully agree !
    another thing off the bucket list - see seinfeld live, great show cryin laughin through most of it, support act v-good too, condom joke very funny.
    gerry talkin about goin out later and not being able to do anything all day was gas exactly like my day yesterday :)

i went to see billy connolly in the old point a long time ago and id have to say billy was a little bit better. billy done about 20 mins observational material on things that happened to him in dublin that day - genius.

id say the seinfeld material is the same all round the world - very american, but still had a great night and 2nd best comedian of all time for me:)

I loved it. So good to be able to watch someone that good performing. He makes it all seem so effortless.

And it was hilarious of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 protium

Fantastic performance by Seinfeld. The O2 was packed, lots of major fans there Id say. I got the tickets as a birthday present from my husband. We went along not sure what to expect, but he was fantastic. Loved the marriage jokes (getting ready to go out etc), the hydration jokes, the mobile phone comments, and the bit about the gig hanging over u all day sunday!!! so true!! His support act was v good too, got better as time went on. Seinfeld could have done more on facebook though, he only touched on that and there is so much fun he could have got out of that that we could all relate to.
    The email joke was a little out of date, I thought. But apart from that, a great show. And so true, as someone said earlier, not a bit crude, no bad language just clever intelligent observational humour!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 protium

Funnier than the show 'n all...
    Heh heh heh
    ixoy wrote: »
    v good!!!!

Advertisement