Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WP7 People Hub not updating?

Options
  • 09-12-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

When I got my WP7 phone I used an old Windows ID not knowing the importance of it until now.

The Windows ID was linked to an old xbox live account as well so that was showing up on my xbox app.

I decided to remove it and use my current one. The only way to do this was to reset the phone to factory ! shocking that you have to do that in the first place a straight forward delete and add in settings would be nice.

I went ahead with it anyway but now my People Hub doesn't update after the initial update ? Any ideas why this is? Its pi**ing me off no end as Twitter isn't updating and I use that app a lot as I follow football, news, sports, friends on it. The same goes for FB, it updates once then thats it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Strange, when you enter the People hub you should be seeing the loading "dots" and "Looking for news" at the top of the screen and it immediately updates with new data. Are you seeing any error messages here? Press the 3 dots in the app bar at the bottom of the screen and hit settings - make sure all the relevant accounts have been added here, and that you're not filtering your twitter contacts etc.

Next step would be to check your data settings, and see if web pages etc are loading up. Might also be worth downloading the Facebook app from Marketplace and seeing if you can get data through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I pressume you re added facebook and twitter, etc...

As before. Check data connection. Restart the phone.

I used to have a bug where the news feed wouldnt refresh content unless i swiped to contacts and back to the live feed.

To remove your main id of the phone hard reset is required for every platform (android - gmail, ios - apple id)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Thanks for the replies.

I got it working.

I had all the accounts for twitter and facebook set up correctly as I set them up before I restored my phone to factory settings to add a different Windows ID.

Set facebook back up and twitter. Facebook started to work after a number of D&Rs it up again.

Got twitter to work by using my email address as my login instead of my twitter username. Very strange because using the username didn't cause any errors so not sure what is going on. Anyway sorted it out by removing it and using my email instead.

Advertisement