Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price on street parking in DLR

Options
  • 09-12-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I was walking through Blackrock today when I noticed signs stuck to the meters. For the period from 15DEC to 15JAN you can get an hour extra free parking when you buy an hours parking at the on street meters.

There are a few caveats, but it looks like a good idea. It applies to meters where the charge is €2 per hour, so I guess some side streets with lower rates won't have this offer.

Also, it's not technically half price - you get 60 minutes free once you buy 60 minutes. However, if you buy 120 minutes, you still only get 60 minutes free (a total of 3 hours).

It applies in Blackrock anyway - I *think* it said Dundrum & Dun Laoghaire also, but I can't remember.

All in all, I think it's a good way of getting people into the village/town centres. Yes, I know public transport should also feature, but this is a start.

z

Advertisement