Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No BIOS at startup

Options
  • 09-12-2011 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,got a pc off HWVS a few day's ago and it worked fine before I switched over to HDMI,it boot's into windows and seems to skip BIOS.I can play games etc fine and it works good other wise,

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just spam f2 from the second you press on button?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I did and it's still getting "No Signal" on monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did and it's still getting "No Signal" on monitor

you dont get any signal all the time, or only when you try to turn on pc and bios?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It sounds to me like the HDMI connection is a bit slower at responding and the POST screen has gone by the time you can see what's going on.

You could connect up a DVI cable to see which key it is for the BIOS setup. Or just check the manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

It's going to be F1 or F2. Probably. Can you cause a POST error to halt boot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It's F2 or DEL but I spammed both 2 seperate times and nowt happened didn't boot to windows either so I think it's there but it's just not showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yes.

Advertisement