Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SBEM Software

• 09-12-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

What does everyone think about the software.
    Is it accurate
    or what changes would you make?
    and what limitations are in it

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

pdmac wrote: »
    What does everyone think about the software.
    Is it accurate
    or what changes would you make?
    and what limitations are in it
    accurate as opposed to what ? as opposed to DEAP probably 20% more accurate, as opposed to PHPP about 20% less accurate, as opposed to IES probably less accurate again..

the zones piss me off but I don't know how this would be improved, I'll have a few more but will have to think about it:) there is definitely too much scope in the default factors but then again.. the end user or fit-out can have such a variation..

limitations are as a design tool as i mentioned you end up going to Phpp or ies or long winded calcs...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pdmac

What would be possible changes to the software to make it more accurate like the PHPP.
    ya I know what you mean with the Zoning. can be a pain with the envelopes and all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

pdmac wrote: »
    What would be possible changes to the software to make it more accurate like the PHPP.
    ya I know what you mean with the Zoning. can be a pain with the envelopes and all.
    just attention to detail, thermal bridging, required air-tightness, insulation on ducting etc

you know the story: you do a SBEM for a building where there's a gale blowing through BUT it gets a C rating because of its size BUT everyone's in there with their coats on:D

Advertisement