Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REPS planner fees

• 09-12-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what lads are paying annually to their REPS planner? I got my bill this morning for €450 inc vat. I don't think its come down despite the payment being cut last year (not that that is their fault).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alderdeer

just do it wrote: »
    Just wondering what lads are paying annually to their REPS planner? I got my bill this morning for €450 inc vat. I don't think its come down despite the payment being cut last year (not that that is their fault).

Im with teagasc and its costing €580, tried to get it reduced after the 17% was taken away but no budge, will have to ask again i think after this budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

300 here he wanted more of course and i told him i will press the button on the dept web page myself, he took the 300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

paid 300 last year ,had no contact with him this year and got paid last friday , 300 last year was to amend the plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

What are you getting for these prices? How many acres have you got? How big are your reps payments (small, mid-range or maximum)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

€535 here including vat, same as every year so far for a mid range payment for 30 hectares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

reilig wrote: »
    What are you getting for these prices? How many acres have you got? How big are your reps payments (small, mid-range or maximum)?
    farming 120 acres this year and up next year small reps payment under 4000 but still money for nothing.

sorry took this thread up wrong ,no fixed yearly cost here , what is the yearly cost for , if its for filling out forms for reps each year and nothing else i would class that as being robbed blind in the current climate,the 300 euro i paid to amend my plan saved me money so no complaints paying that bill ,do my own area aid and reps forms

charityboy wrote: »
    sorry took this thread up wrong ,no fixed yearly cost here , what is the yearly cost for , if its for filling out forms for reps each year and nothing else i would class that as being robbed blind in the current climate,the 300 euro i paid to amend my plan saved me money so no complaints paying that bill ,do my own area aid and reps forms

Really? do you just send these on to local DVO office or what happens. My yearly cost is really for nothing, they just fill up my record sheets for fertiliser applications and calculate organic manure from the amount of meal i use etc

yeh i keep the records in a little note book , fill in the forms and send them away ,when i did the 5 years in reps 3 i paid the planner to do my plan and submit it and that was the only money i parted with for the 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

charityboy wrote: »

Really? I only join in on REPS4 in the last year of it! I assumed the annual return had to be made by an agent as when I was looking into it originally it had to be submitted through an agent.

Yeah annual review includes:
    • stock on hand at end of each month
    • turn out and housing dates
    • meal use & receipts
    • fertilizer use & recieipts
    • hedge setting, bird boxes etc done & receipts
    Agent pays a visit and an hour at the kitchen table does it.

I didn't realise I could do this myself though. There's feck all in it!

• Advertisement

you will need your planner to sign off for the fourth stage payment in reps 4 so if you fill out your own you wont have to pay him till you need him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Farming just over 40ha here, planner is also on here! I think mine is a bit steep at 620 + interest. Was at a reps course rscently and some ppl there were getting it done for 200e /yr. 10% cut in the payment next yr as well.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

just do it wrote: »
    Really? I only join in on REPS4 in the last year of it! I assumed the annual return had to be made by an agent as when I was looking into it originally it had to be submitted through an agent.

Yeah annual review includes:
    • stock on hand at end of each month
    • turn out and housing dates
    • meal use & receipts
    • fertilizer use & recieipts
    • hedge setting, bird boxes etc done & receipts
    Agent pays a visit and an hour at the kitchen table does it.

I didn't realise I could do this myself though. There's feck all in it!

theres absolutely nothing to it, im kicking myself now, thats over €1000 i could of saved. i always assumed the planner had to do it. i would say most farmers think this is the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

A word of warning - doing it yourself is fine - but if you make a mess of it the penalities are huge. Heard of a case where a guy put a bag of 7:6:17 into his records - had set some spuds in his garden - cost him 2 grand for exceeding his Phosphate allowance.

In REPS 4 fertilser is applied on a field by field basis - you exceed allowance in one field and your in a penality situation even though your overall allowance might be within the limits of the plan. - you will of course not get caught out unless you have an inspection!

Most planners now have IT programmes to make sure the calculations / entries meet the requirements so that you don't end up shafting yourself in the event of an inspection. haggling on the price might be a better idea than DIY - IMO

Advertisement