Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa and Breathable waders

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

if you are willing to fork out simms are the best.
    Some more affordable brands are Scierra ,Vision and

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭whelzer

Don't go for the best (most expensive) - thorns, barbed wire, etc can't tell the difference btn a €600 Simms pair or a generic €100. The quality of the low end stuff has vastly improved in recent years.

I treat my waders as a consumable, if I get 2-3 seasons out of them - happy days. I spin and FF for bass as well as river trout so they get a fair battering. I've have Vision (Ghille) I think at the minute, previous ones were Vision aswell but that was unintentional. I might go for Orvis next time, although my pals have been getting Wychwood ones lately and rave about them - no issues/leaks etc. They are pretty cheap.

The high end brands Simms, Loop, Orvis (Vision?) have a real good range of sizes which you tend not to get at the lower end...makes a difference when your short, tall, etc

In relation to boots - go the very best you can afford. Cheap boots will fall apart very quickly. I've Simms ones around 6 years now - they've seen all sorts of action including several trips to work last year in the snow! Personally I've never got on with felt soles but some people swear by it or a combo of felt/studs. I like the aquastealth rubber type sole with studs. Most brands seem to offer this now. Good luck.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Santa was suitably inspired by a trip to Cleere's in Clane this afternoon :)

Simms special on waders and boots had just been delivered.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Hi Denis, what specials have they on the simms?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Waders & Boots for €359 - €448 if bought separately. They literally arrived an hour before I got there and were still all over the floor. Don't think he has them up on his website yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Waders & Boots for €359 - €448 if bought separately. They literally arrived an hour before I got there and were still all over the floor. Don't think he has them up on his website yet.

Simms are a great buy in waders especially, i see Andrew Ryan in Clonanav also doing a sale on Simms at the moment

http://www.flyfishingireland.com/?p=1373

Advertisement