Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 Visa Query

Options
  • 09-12-2011 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a query about an Australian 457 visa as I hope to secure one in the new year. Question 28 on the 457 application form states "During your proposed visit to Australia, do you, or any other person included in this application, expect to incur medical costs, or require treatment or medical follow up for:......" and it lists off a series of medical conditions, one of which is mental illness.

I am currently receiving ongoing treatment with my local psychiatric services for anxiety/depression. I only go every 4 months now and am currently in great shape mentally. I take medication for my condition.

I'm wondering if I should answer yes or no to the highlighted above. Assuming I am truthful and answer yes, I'm just wondering if anyone has advice/experience/information in this regard and the associated knock on effect...I'm guessing you would be requested to undergo a medical and furnish the panel doctor with a psychiatrists report as part of the form 26 submission.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement