Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions

Options
  • 09-12-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have a couple of questions about the a new xbox console.
    (1) Are there any bricks and mortar shops that sell new consoles without pads/games etc?
    (2) Do all the new consoles come with wireless built in?
    (3) Is kinect just a fad/gimmick? or would my 5 year old love it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

(1) I've never seen an Xbox sold without at least 1 pad as it comes in the box with the console. Any other pads you want would either need to be in a bundle or bought separately.

(2)All the new Xbox 360 Slim models come with built in Wi-Fi yes, any of the older fat models will need an additional dongle to have Wi-Fi.

(3) I personally think Kinect is a fad, I have no time for motion gaming whatsoever. But being 23 I can't say how much fun it is for young children, or indeed if it's good value for money in terms of how long it will keep them amused before they're sick of it completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Reason i'm asking is that my old white phat one just died for the second and final time. We still have controllers etc. Now my sons gran wants to get him one for christmas. Think i'll just go ahead and tell her to buy the 4g one in game for 199.00. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

Reason i'm asking is that my old white phat one just died for the second and final time. We still have controllers etc. Now my sons gran wants to get him one for christmas. Think i'll just go ahead and tell her to buy the 4g one in game for 199.00. Thanks again.

Hold Fire on that thought Barry, have a look at my thread from today.

HMV are doing the 250GB with Fifa12 & Forza for €209.99 !!!!
    I got it yesterday....( i also got Kinect with 2 games for €109)
    Much better deal than the one in GAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Have just found the 4gb console on harveynormans webite for 157 euro. That'll do for me.

Advertisement