Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extenuating circumstances

Options
  • 09-12-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭

Who do you drop these forms into?
    Is it the school office or the admin building?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Its your School's office afaik.

Edit: Yeah it's the programme office. It says it at the bottom of the extenuating circumstances form...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Your Programme Office. For the Arts Programme Office, the final date for submission is the 10th of January at 12.30, but ideally it should be submitted as close to the date of your assessments as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Slang_Tang wrote: »
    Your Programme Office. For the Arts Programme Office, the final date for submission is the 10th of January at 12.30, but ideally it should be submitted as close to the date of your assessments as possible.

Where did you hear that? Because according to the extenuating circumstances form:
    Students are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible after the occurrence of the circumstances outlined in the application. However, applications must be received within 5 working days of the end of the semester examination period.

Applications received after the submission deadline will not normally be accepted.

http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/extenuatingcircs_ucdproforma.pdf

I will be doing it Monday, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? Because according to the extenuating circumstances form:

That is 5 working days after the end of the exams period. UCD re-opens on the 5th January after the exams.

Did anyone ever have problem printing these before?

I have tried changing the doc format, saving to pdf, saving to html, saving out to a plain text document and some page just will not print properly only bits of it.

I guess I will just have to try to print in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

WeeBushy wrote: »

http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/extenuatingcircs_ucdproforma.pdf

"Hardcopy applications for extenuating circumstances must be submitted as close as possible to the time the circumstances occurred and within 5 working days of the University end of semester examination period."

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/pol_ext_circum_gn.pdf

It's just to make it easier because it has to be sent to all your exam subjects. But anytime before the closing date is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Xhristy wrote: »

I have an "I" next to the module that this thread is about.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

When i got extenuating circumstances it was applied for the provisional results, still an E :/

Ok, but in my case I am definitely down to sit that exam but thanks I will have to email the course head again just to double check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Quick question. I already had IX for two modules (my last two ever now!). I applied for IX again (long story). The modules are still down as IX, while other things have changed (an E changed to a PC for example).....do you reckon my application was successful? I haven't heard anything since I submitted it last week.

Advertisement