Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSC closed and Stalker 2 is cancelled

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

i love this mod, but the energy system is ****ed in the head.

you cant walk for 1 minute without geting exhausted. you can have only half of max load on you and you will get tired in fecking 5 seconds on running or 10 seconds of walking...

i am doing that mission with gas, where i needed to find a gas tank and poison the bloodsuckers underground. so that tank weighs 10kg! it will take me about 1h to get back to hub unload loot and get to that area...

mod is awesome so far, but ffs that energy system is way over done!

Yeah thats my biggest complaint so far, its ****ing stupid. Realistic, yeah, but that **** isnt fun.

The new blowouts are off the chain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

oh trust me, it looks fantastic. i am really happy i newer finished pripyat, so now to play it with such upgrades is a pleasure!

i think they really want to make it very realistic with your weigh carried. they prety much want you to take to your trip only the stuff you need and no extras. forget about loot...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks awesome. Really atmospheric, and bloody creepy. Must try it out later.

Kiith wrote: »
    That looks awesome. Really atmospheric, and bloody creepy. Must try it out later.

3 most creepy and atmospheric games in modern gaming - dead space, metro and STALKER.

i still remember how i was pooping myself in that underground plant in original stalker... last time i am doing something for scientists...

• Advertisement

oh trust me, it looks fantastic. i am really happy i newer finished pripyat, so now to play it with such upgrades is a pleasure!

i think they really want to make it very realistic with your weigh carried. they prety much want you to take to your trip only the stuff you need and no extras. forget about loot...

Theyre gonna patch the stamina issue :D
    * Stamina drain is now far less punishing when walking, jogging and sprinting

* Equipment and weapon condition accepted for trading lowered from 90% to 75%

* Food ressources are now more satiating. The effect is raised by 10-50% depending on the type.
    (Remember that fresh water, tea and cigarettes also subsides your hunger)

* "USS Sniper" enters The Zone with 25 rounds (raised by 20 rounds)

* All non-english installations of CoP are now using the modded texts (like weapon descriptions)

* FAMAS rifle can now be equipped with a silencer

* Aiming of the "Mosin Nagant", "Scorpion" and "SKS" is now aligned correctly.

* Damage caused by knife is lowered to be the same as a 9x18 caliber shot

* New textures for guitars

* New sound effect for knife attack and detectors (draw/holster)

* Correct 'ogg commenting' added to several ambient sound effects

is that patch out already or.....?

how do you patch these mods so? will i need to download all mod again and do a fresh reinstall?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

is that patch out already or.....?

how do you patch these mods so? will i need to download all mod again and do a fresh reinstall?!

If it's anything like other mods there'll be one of two (or both) ways of patching, either an executable from 1.0 to 1.1 or a manual patch that you extract yourself into the gamedata folder, also bringing it from 1.0 to 1.1.

patch is out. downloading it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

patch is out. downloading it now!

Here's the link
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/downloads/patch-16

• Advertisement

ah, now its a perfect mod. energy is more realistic.

i just raided all anomalities in starting area, got a full box of weaponary and ammo, got artifacts for all situations,30k++ cash. fine tools( still no basic ones :eek: ), f2000 ( collecting more ammo for that baby! ), medkits and supplies.

its easy again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so I finally got around to installing misery

i really didn't like it at first, being so used to stalker complete mod.. the movement and a few other little things are pretty different and it took ages for me to get used to it.
    played a good bit now and I'm loving it.
    few bugs here and there, i'm the sniper class.. upgraded my initial rifle to the 6x scope but I think because i had a 4x scope attached it never added the upgraded scope so that's an entire upgrade tree denied to me which is a pain in the ass. It also seems to be the only sniper rifle in the game? in zaton at least, just got into yanov so maybe I'll see one or two there.

it's quite a bit harder when it comes to fights.. ****ing running away from dogs as soon as I hear the hint of a bark and that bit early on where you have to get info from the mercs at the waste processing plant for owl? jesus christ. I was being flushed out with grenades, flanked, attacked from 2-3 different angles.. and it was pretty much one shot kill.. took me *ages*

the main thing I like about it though is how it forces you to play the game different. in original pripyat I pretty much killed everyone and everything that got in my way but now with the scarcity of medkits, their time-delayed healing and how bloody easy it is to die I'm actually avoiding more fights than I'm taking part in. It feels "realer", I feel more like a Stalker rather than a walking killing machine.
    im not looking forward to getting into pripyat at the end... that **** was tricky enough in vanilla, it's going to be next to impossible in misery.

so I finally got around to installing misery

i really didn't like it at first, being so used to stalker complete mod.. the movement and a few other little things are pretty different and it took ages for me to get used to it.
    played a good bit now and I'm loving it.
    few bugs here and there, i'm the sniper class.. upgraded my initial rifle to the 6x scope but I think because i had a 4x scope attached it never added the upgraded scope so that's an entire upgrade tree denied to me which is a pain in the ass. It also seems to be the only sniper rifle in the game? in zaton at least, just got into yanov so maybe I'll see one or two there.

it's quite a bit harder when it comes to fights.. ****ing running away from dogs as soon as I hear the hint of a bark and that bit early on where you have to get info from the mercs at the waste processing plant for owl? jesus christ. I was being flushed out with grenades, flanked, attacked from 2-3 different angles.. and it was pretty much one shot kill.. took me *ages*

the main thing I like about it though is how it forces you to play the game different. in original pripyat I pretty much killed everyone and everything that got in my way but now with the scarcity of medkits, their time-delayed healing and how bloody easy it is to die I'm actually avoiding more fights than I'm taking part in. It feels "realer", I feel more like a Stalker rather than a walking killing machine.
    im not looking forward to getting into pripyat at the end... that **** was tricky enough in vanilla, it's going to be next to impossible in misery.

wait untill you start getting artifacts.

kalabok for health regen is just OP. i got like 15 medkits laying around, i dont need them anymore as i just use artifacts to heal wounds, health etc.

i like this stalker mod. really makes it better then original. the one thing that makes it really hard for me - food. the only place to get it is in shops and those respawn very slowly!

yeah i have a koloblock, but garry wants it to get out of his contract with the scientists

gona try find a second, or just wait until i absolutely have to go to jupiter plant before I give it to him

yeah i have a koloblock, but garry wants it to get out of his contract with the scientists

gona try find a second, or just wait until i absolutely have to go to jupiter plant before I give it to him

well that is the thing. i think there is only 1 kolobok in game. i was back in to that anomality and there are no more artifacts respawning.
    i just came back from jupiter and i need to start making up a team.

actually there are two koloblocks :) beard had one for sale towards the end of my time in the jupiter area
    but i have a night star now +6 health regen, so fo koloblock
    just raging I sold my +12kg carry weight now that I have -6 radiation and 3 artifact slots

it still has the same problem that pripyat had, not a huge one to be fair but once you entire pripyat the game kinda feels.. over. I know the game was big enough before that, and they probably couldn't have made the pripyat area much bigger without adding way more time (and possibly bugs) but once I enter that tunnel I kinda switch off.
    I still enjoy it a lot, and I imagine with misery it's going to be pretty damn hard to take on the monolith soldiers but it just feels like an extended final level as opposed to a final third chapter when compared to the first two areas. and there's not really any point to bringing cardan/nitro the tools for calibration, by the time you get to pripyat you're pretty much able to kill anything and everything pretty easily.

I was out walking near the anomolous grove last night, got attacked by a chimera.. I just emptied my upgraded shotgun into his face and he was down in 5-6 shots.

still, misery was a fantastic experience. made pripyat into more of an rpg style game, having to choose when to fight, running away being a legit option not just an "Im too lazy to do this" and really h ammering home the isolation of the zone. just wandering around I'm noticing far less stalkers/bandits/freedom/duty whereas in pripyat complete I couldn't walk for 2 minutes without running into a firefight happening somewhere on the map.

how zulu survived this long in the zone i do not know
    he doesnt understand the meaning of the term friendly fire, keeps littering me in the back with that bloody machine gun as i'm running forward to headshot zombies
    and the only reason I have to run so far forward to kill them is because if he gets close enough he just runs at them and stands 2 feet away firing at them in the chest until he gets shot

i played pripyat to completion twice before, had a steam combined total of 88 hours played
    1 playthrough of Misery i'm at 171 hours so one run through of misery (which i'd imagine i'm 5-10 hours away from finishing) is as long as two playthroughs of vanilla

this mod is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So what are the mods and sequels I should be playing? I only ever played the amazing original and got to some **** ending that pissed me off, with no save file old enough to go another way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I played with the complete mod and thought it was a good mod. It doesn't change much like misery but misery sounds like torture.

it's torture for the first 10-15 hours, once you get going it's great... and firefights are bloody hard, it's almost one shot kill

tar for chernobyl.. stalker complete
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

i havent tried any other chernobyl mods, as every time I go to moddb to havce a look I see 3 or 4 real interesting ones that have "new versions coming soon" so I say I'll wait until they're released.. and so far they never have been

oh snap, just checked again
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-soc-oblivion-lost-2010
    download links for oblivion lost iirc a total conversion mod for stalker chernobyl, meant to be very good

guess i know what i'll be doing next week

also, i only managed to squeeze another hour out of misery. so 4 hours short of it being double the combined playtime of both my early playthroughs of pripyat.
    still 84 hours is pretty incredible, it didn't feel like it dragged.. I dont even know how it took me that long, I guess time flies when you're running away from pseudodogs

oh and sequels. clear sky is ... like it's a good game, compared to everything else out there. but it's far inferior to chernobyl and pripyat. I think I read somewhere they nerfed the guns and game slightly so that long range combat wasn't as effective, to force players to get in and run/gun. it kinda shows, but still has some amazing locations and barring the occasional game breaking bug (some of which are still in the game after modders attempts to patch them out) it's a very enjoyable game

call of pripyat is fantastic. it's almost as good, maybe better in places than chernobyl. doesnt have the sense of isolation chernobyl had or the happy go lucky family picnic vibe of clear sky but is a good mix of what worked from both games.

it's torture for the first 10-15 hours, once you get going it's great... and firefights are bloody hard, it's almost one shot kill

tar for chernobyl.. stalker complete
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

i havent tried any other chernobyl mods, as every time I go to moddb to havce a look I see 3 or 4 real interesting ones that have "new versions coming soon" so I say I'll wait until they're released.. and so far they never have been

oh snap, just checked again
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-soc-oblivion-lost-2010
    download links for oblivion lost iirc a total conversion mod for stalker chernobyl, meant to be very good

guess i know what i'll be doing next week

also, i only managed to squeeze another hour out of misery. so 4 hours short of it being double the combined playtime of both my early playthroughs of pripyat.
    still 84 hours is pretty incredible, it didn't feel like it dragged.. I dont even know how it took me that long, I guess time flies when you're running away from pseudodogs

oh and sequels. clear sky is ... like it's a good game, compared to everything else out there. but it's far inferior to chernobyl and pripyat. I think I read somewhere they nerfed the guns and game slightly so that long range combat wasn't as effective, to force players to get in and run/gun. it kinda shows, but still has some amazing locations and barring the occasional game breaking bug (some of which are still in the game after modders attempts to patch them out) it's a very enjoyable game

call of pripyat is fantastic. it's almost as good, maybe better in places than chernobyl. doesnt have the sense of isolation chernobyl had or the happy go lucky family picnic vibe of clear sky but is a good mix of what worked from both games.

m8 do you get weird bug: when you load sometimes all goes very very foggy. and before you saved it was clear night or day?

i am in prypyat and i got that crapy fog again. i want to see prypyat not swim in fog :(

hahaha yeah, got that loads of times
    it was annoying as hell a few of them.. i saved on the southern plateau and was about to go looking for bodies. died, and then reloaded.. fog *everywhere* took me ages to find the bodies i wanted to loot

it goes away after a few ingame hours, although loading a game does seem to make it more likely to happen

actually weirdly enough, this is my 3rd time finishing the game.. and it's the first time I never saw nighttime in pripyat
    both other times I hardly ever saw pripyat during the day whtaever way it worked out I always did the missions during the dark.. this time, day time.
    it's actually a pretty nice city :p and I wasn't so scared that I ran through everything, i strolled and explored

hahaha yeah, got that loads of times
    it was annoying as hell a few of them.. i saved on the southern plateau and was about to go looking for bodies. died, and then reloaded.. fog *everywhere* took me ages to find the bodies i wanted to loot

it goes away after a few ingame hours, although loading a game does seem to make it more likely to happen

actually weirdly enough, this is my 3rd time finishing the game.. and it's the first time I never saw nighttime in pripyat
    both other times I hardly ever saw pripyat during the day whtaever way it worked out I always did the missions during the dark.. this time, day time.
    it's actually a pretty nice city :p and I wasn't so scared that I ran through everything, i strolled and explored

yeah, i get A LOT of nightime too when i am off on my explorations. its creepy at night and if you got all maxed out the lightning effects from your light makes it very creepy and realistic!

i am stuck with money thought. got only 300 left on me and i would need some repairs done. and getting back in to pripyat costs 5k! ****! i need some good stach of crap from pripyat before i will be off to look who can repair that cannon yoke!

yeah i didnt even have enough money at the end to fully upgrade my weapons or armour, artifacts are alot rarer in misery and without 30 anti rads and 500 bandages in my inventory I've no wasy way to make money

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So many good games to play :D The sense of isolation and atmosphere in the original is brilliant. May have to save your post to come back and play them when I can.

I am playing it again all morning.

Got more and more in to it. I love Pripyat. When you exploring it at night it gives a real scary sence of ghost town.
    I feel that I am not far from end here. Need to walk a dog and I will be back in action!

• Advertisement

the mod im waiting for to reach a mostly stable level is tecnobacons stalkersoup

http://tecnobacon.com/modders/levelmap.html

I played a bit of it last year, and I *loved* it but it bugged out after about 30-40 hours and I figured I'd just wait until it was slightly more stable. if you think misery is hard.. by christ you've seen nothing yet

you actually can't walk forward without a bolt in your hand to check for anomalies, well.. you can but it's suicide.

Advertisement