Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs 350

• 09-12-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi
    in the last few days the alarm has activated upstairs windows for no apparent reason. There are 6 windows on this zone three sets of cables into the panel. This is Zone 1. On checking RKP now there are no open zones. I just want to set this zone 1 to be out of the system for now so alarm will work. Is it the zones option , set zone 1 to unused? Will that allow the rest of the zones to work ok leaving zone 1 out? There is a PIR upstairs which gives sufficient cover for now.

Secondly I added a second RKP in the bedroom last year , it was dear enough.I am going to get the system upgraded in new year , I wonder could this RKP be added to a new system ,I want to get one with some wireless capability with a Txt dialler incorpoorated in to it.

I would appreciate some advice please
    thks

MINDER
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes, you are correct. Programme it as 'unused' and it will omitted from the system. You wont be able to use your keypads on any other system except the one you have. Each system comes with its own keypad and they're not compatible with any other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    hi
    in the last few days the alarm has activated upstairs windows for no apparent reason. There are 6 windows on this zone three sets of cables into the panel. This is Zone 1. On checking RKP now there are no open zones. I just want to set this zone 1 to be out of the system for now so alarm will work. Is it the zones option , set zone 1 to unused? Will that allow the rest of the zones to work ok leaving zone 1 out? There is a PIR upstairs which gives sufficient cover for now.

Hi Minder,

From what your saying you have a fault on a sensor on the upstairs loop. If you don't have a meter to identify the faulty sensor just connect a loop a night to see if you can at lease try find which loop has the faulty device. Better than having it all disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

thks guys , so aritech dont do any wireless version , that i could use the RKP on? Thanmks altor for your advice....is there any good value system that has a txt dialler built in , with wireless capability

thks (no landline)

ps also like the clicker that can arm the system from ouitside!

thks guys , so aritech dont do any wireless version , that i could use the RKP on? Thanmks altor for your advice....is there any good value system that has a txt dialler built in , with wireless capability

thks (no landline)

ps also like the clicker that can arm the system from ouitside!

Not that will use the older keypad. The Securewave will have a new GSM coming out in Jan-Feb that will just slot on inside the control panel to give you the activations by text plus remote access to the panel. It will be cheaper that the GSM-P. They also have the keyfob for arming/disarming from outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

thks a lot altor , thats sounds ideal. It will be the new year that I will be upgrading. THe remote access , is that , that you can just turn it on/off bu phone? will there be a facilityy to add on to it eg , extra RKP wirelessy for example.

Thks

Minder

• Advertisement

thks a lot altor , thats sounds ideal. It will be the new year that I will be upgrading. THe remote access , is that , that you can just turn it on/off bu phone? will there be a facilityy to add on to it eg , extra RKP wirelessy for example.

Thks

Minder

That's correct, simply text the GSM to have remote control of the system. You can have extra keypads but the keyfob will also work the same for arming, part setting disarming with your code. Only down side is no LCD screen.

Advertisement