Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swallows, , them dam Swallows.

• 09-12-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Right, Shed open on one side, (where cattle go in and out)

large door on other side .. . open a fair bit. esp in summer.

problem : Swallows.

the shed is 4 bay square. so fairly large.

id say i have 20-30 nests, (now not all lived in every year) all up on roof level, rafters/ RSJs etc.

Tenants are dirty swallows, and causing havoch.. not next year, im putting my foot down.

they are S h 1 t ing on every dam thing, and my biggest concern is machinery. and i have seen rust bubbles appearing within weeks. . on some things.

options. hang a net . . massive net just above say roof level of tractor, so that they cant get up to the nests, massive job. ..

or

Net over the 2 doors, net the rear entrance permanetly, only move when need it.

how is anyone else sorting out this problem, ? ye must surely have the same problem!. .

so annoying..

obviously im trying to get this sorted for next spring.!
    opinions welcome

NBF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

It's illegal to interfere with swallows nests. You could put a small wooden board underneath the nests to collect the dropping. No dropping on your machinery then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Use decoy owels / hawk or magpies next spring /summer in and around the shed.

Are gas bangers or crop birdscarers allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Donegal09

:pshotgun allowed?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Are they starlings or swallows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

100% Swallows.

Billions of flies, rusting tractor.. . machinery. . . im not looking to kill. im just looking at ways to protect me . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement