Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop, different prices online and instore?

Options
  • 09-12-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking at a game i want to purchase for my daughter, and its €35 on the Gamestop website, but €45 in our local store?!

Are the stores stand alone from the website, and able to set their own prices?

I would prefer to buy local, but not at the loss of €10!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

A shop is free to set whatever price it likes, and they can have different pricing for on-line sales and in-store sales. There's nothing wrong with it so long as they differentiate between the two so that the consumer isn't mislead. If you look at the website again you will see small print under some ads saying "Online price shown". And they've covered themselves in the FAQ.
    All prices shown are in Euro. Store pricing may vary from pricing online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

All the prices on the website are for buying directly from the website. Usually save €5-€10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

In fairness to the shops, I went into my local shop, Athlone, to pick up a GS wii controller. It was €17.97 on the website, but €30 in the shop. I was told the website and the shops are seperate, the shops aren't informed of the prices or offers that the website has. I decided to just grab one in the shop, trying to keep it local, and the girl behind the counter said there's a 20% discount if you buy something else. So she threw a microfibre cleaning cloth in the bag and I got the controller for €25 odd. Fair play. That's two thumbs up for Gamestop Athlone. ;)

Advertisement