Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Settle a debate - did he or didn't he snub Cameron?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

What i'd assume, watching the body language in that video, is that they'd already greeted each other/shaken hands before this and were acknowledging each other in passing.
    It pains me, slightly, to praise a British prime-minister, but i admire Cameron for standing up for his country in this instance, even though his reasons for doing so aren't rooted in any real rejection of the problem at the heart of this; the notion/modus-operandi in Europe that banks/speculators must be bailed-out at all costs, and that the citizens, through the apparatus of imposed austerity, must foot the bill.
    Cameron will ultimately be proven correct, even if by default, as this 'deal' does nothing to address the real problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

LordSutch wrote: »
    Top marks to Cameron for sticking ridgedly to his guns. Merkel & Sarkozi would love to get their hands on 'The City', but thankfully Cameron has kept the City & the UK treasury out of their scheming little Euro hands. I don't think it was a snub by Sarkozi, I guess he & Cameron have met & talked to each other many times over the last 48 hours, and that 'this time' they passed with a pat & a nod.

Well done Cameron, he kept to his word & his principles 100%.

But they've already got Franfurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Many people think this video shows Sarkozy snubbing Cameron. But to me it looks like they had already greeted earlier in the video so had no need to do it again...or am I naive?

http://www.businessinsider.com/sarkozy-handshake-cameron-2011-12

I don't think he did, it looked to me like they had greeted each other earlier. It wasn't as though Cameron extended his hand for Sarkozy to shake, he touched his arm as he walked past him. It was an acknowledgment not a greeting.

But I have to say (as I always do when I'm talking about him) I really dislike Sarkozy. Jacques Chirac was much more affable. Sarkozy strikes me as very cold and stand-offish - not an easy man to get on with. Of course I have never met him personally, just a vibe I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The British are the least european of all the EU countrys and Camerons decison to veto any agreement is just one step in the battle to take back power and decision making in British affairs from Brussells .Weather the decision will come back to bite the British in the ass remains to be seen.

Advertisement