Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unrecognised graphics card

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I recently built my own computer and i have got everything working but when i plug the monitor into the graphics card it says no signal. and when i try to install drivers for the graphics card it says i need to install the VGA card. any advice? http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-geforce-gtx-560ti-830mhz-1gb-pci-express-hdmi-7BLK.html

Are you sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your OS, e.g: 32bit for 32 and 64Bit for 64Bit system. That would be very important. The no signal issue may be due to the generic Windows drivers being set at too high a resolution or refresh rate your screen doesn't support. Boot into safe mode and set it to be 800x600 and see if that fixes that issue.
    Failing that uninstall the Nvidia drivers in Safe Mode, then reinstall them and see if it helps, maybe download a previous driver for testing purposes!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anderson0702

i am using the drivers that came with the card and also, im not that good at computers so i dont really understand the safe mode thing

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

i am using the drivers that came with the card and also, im not that good at computers so i dont really understand the safe mode thing

Ahh here, did you not build it!! ;) You tap F8 at system startup (Ie after the POST screen where hard disks, dvd drives etc are detected prior to windows booting) to enter safe mode. You should never use the drivers that come on the CD, they are way out of date, download the latest ones from www.nvidia.com ;):)

Nick

Advertisement