Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Menu cutting off top of page in IE9

Options
  • 09-12-2011 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

This is annoying and I cant get rid of it so how do I get rid of it? I tried unclicking everything but it wont go away, please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you mean the dhtml menu at the top of the screen?

It is possible that a keyboard (especially, shift, Crtl or Alr) or mouse button is stuck.

Have you tried closing the browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Victor wrote: »
    Do you mean the dhtml menu at the top of the screen?

It is possible that a keyboard (especially, shift, Crtl or Alr) or mouse button is stuck.

Have you tried closing the browser?

Thanks for the reply. I have tried closing the browser but Im afraid that doesnt get rid of it. If I leave one box ticked only that box remains ticked but if I un-tick all boxes once I close the browser and reopen it the first five boxes are ticked again. It doesnt seem to matter which one of the boxes remains ticked by the way. Its only when I un-tick all five boxes that it seems to reset itself but no mater what combination I try it simply wont disappear.

On the home page the bar is above the Boards logo/crest on the very left but on any other page it cuts of the top half of the logo/crest. This is what I dislike! Can some coder copy the code/setting for the home to all other pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Please take some screenshots. The behaviour you are describing makes no sense to me (and I am a coder for Boards).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try clearing your cache.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Try clearing your cache.

Done but the bar is still there covering half the logo/crest. How do I attach a file or some pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Offy wrote: »
    Done but the bar is still there covering half the logo/crest. How do I attach a file or some pictures?

Use http://wthax.org/ to host your images and it'll give you what you need to copy and paste onto boards to show your image.

<Screenshots removed, contained email addresses>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

try pressing Ctrl + 0...your zoom looks a bit off from the screenshots, could be causing the weird beta bar covering the logo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Oh that happened me the other day too. I was on someone elses notebook at the time so I didn't really pay too much attention but it had never been like that before.
    I was using IE9 and had tried to install the new boards feature thing if that would have made any difference.

• Advertisement

RolandIRL wrote: »
    try pressing Ctrl + 0...your zoom looks a bit off from the screenshots, could be causing the weird beta bar covering the logo

That didnt work but thanks for the idea.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Oh that happened me the other day too. I was on someone elses notebook at the time so I didn't really pay too much attention but it had never been like that before.
    I was using IE9 and had tried to install the new boards feature thing if that would have made any difference.

I recently installed a Boards feature but I cant find it in the control panel to uninstall it. Im also using IE9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Fur future reference, you are using the Beta theme and are therefore using the Beta menu.

Initially I was unable to reproduce your issue, however I clicked around a bit and then it started happening. It's an IE only bug where a top margin of 42px is being forgotten about, resulting in the cutoff. I will see what can be done about it.

I have removed your screenshots from the post above as they contained your email addresses.

Moving to Site Development.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

This should be fixed now.

The problem was caused by a library stylesheet we used for the IE pinning stuff that rather rudely set margin-body to 0px.

Thank you for that, it works well now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement