If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Marantz NR1501 do sound over hdmi?

Options
  • 09-12-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I can't find definitive statement that it does so, need to ask here.
    I am already a customer of yours - Pioneer VSX 819 serves me well.
    Now looking for another one for a gift.
    If it does audio over HDMI, then could you please, give me a quote for 1pcs of this model with your famous 5years warranty and delivery to Dublin?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Flyagaric wrote: »
    I can't find definitive statement that it does so, need to ask here.
    I am already a customer of yours - Pioneer VSX 819 serves me well.
    Now looking for another one for a gift.
    If it does audio over HDMI, then could you please, give me a quote for 1pcs of this model with your famous 5years warranty and delivery to Dublin?

Fly,

The NR1501 does multi channel audio over HDMI but it does not have an Audio return channel via HDMI (ie its HDMI 1.3 spec as opposed to HDMI 1.4 spec ) this means that if you want to use a single connection and get your TV sound through your receiver it wont be possible - however to do this your TV should also be a 1.4 model which most TV's still are not. Alternatively you can connect the NR1501 to the source for your TV (ie a Sky or STB Box) and then onto the TV or of course you can use an optical or Coax cable...

I only have a couple of NR1501's left and I'll clear them at £199.95 - a cracking receiver for this money!

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Flyagaric

Thanks John,

What would be the cheapest one you have that does audio over HDMI?
    Is it SONY STRDH820 ?

I am trying to get an option to connect my for.ex. laptop over hdmi connector (v. 1.4) and have video and audio as well sent over one cable, instead of using separate cabling for sound.

Thanks John,

What would be the cheapest one you have that does audio over HDMI?
    Is it SONY STRDH820 ?

I am trying to get an option to connect my for.ex. laptop over hdmi connector (v. 1.4) and have video and audio as well sent over one cable, instead of using separate cabling for sound.

I think the best price I can do on one is on the Pioneer VSX421 (I thought you would like a Pioneer ;) ) I can do a Boardie Special on that one at just £149.95!!!

Have a look at the online pricing on that unit and you will see what a cracker of a deal that actually is..

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/22/98/405/VSX-421/index.html

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

If it does audio over HDMI then we have a deal! Please, include shipping to Dublin and 5 years Richersounds warranty!

If it does audio over HDMI then we have a deal! Please, include shipping to Dublin and 5 years Richersounds warranty!

Total would be:

RXV421 Boardie price: £149.95 (instore price is still a great deal at £199.95 :eek:)
    5 Year Supercare: £14.95
    Delivery: £12.95
    Boardie total: £177.85 - Call it £175..

Drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll pop your name on one for ya!

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

I'm delighted with your proposal! I will PM you my Credit Card details!

I'm delighted with your proposal! I will PM you my Credit Card details!

Fly,

please don't PM your CC details - if you would like to give us a call we will get you sorted out: (just for security!)

Mail order: 04890.3300.44 Shop: 04890.321332 or you can call the office on Monday 01.843.9231.

Thanks again and we'll get you sorted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.